We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

1v1s = farming?? What is the criteria now?

So, two of my good friends were 1v1-ing at ggrim (Crickhollow's designated 1v1 area) and in the middle of their 1v1, boom, they both got banned for 7 days for rank farming. They both filed tickets, emailed several times, demanding explanation. I did the same. I turned tickets in in-game and online to assure those two people are legit players and are not even close to farmers. It's been 3 days and their ban is not getting lifted. Even after one of the friends who got banned demanded detailed explanation from Turbine on what exactly triggered the ban, no clear responses... How would we know what to avoid from now? Can we not 1v1 anymore?? It was a daily, casual, friendly 1v1 between friends. We are all in Raidcall, and we fight until death (some of us lag like crazy, so we stop, if the other is not fighting back). We follow the strictest rules of no CDs, no morale pots, and not even debuff pots if one is lower rank, to make the 1v1 more interesting and challenging (burgs and wargs 1v1 without stealth, if they have good sportsmanship). It is a form of sports within PVMP when the action is dead or it's just massive zerg out. One of the main reasons why I love pvmp is because of 1v1s. 1v1s are the true test of your skills. Everyone and anyone can zerg, it's no brainer. Not everyone can 1v1 well.

The responses my friends got were:

(1) Turbine looked into their 1v1s and they claim their decision to ban my friends are warranted.
    (2) They were watching the 1v1 and they noticed one of them was not fighting back fully.

These two people are high ranked players: one is a Rank 11 Burg, another is a Rank 12 Warg. The burg is probably the second best on Crickhollow, the warg is the best on our server. I've known both of them for a long time, and they have never farmed, and they will never farm. They are highly skilled players who can go out solo, charge into a zerg and get a kill before dying. No need to farm.

I do highly respect the decision Turbine has made to finally ban rank farming. Thank you for that. I am a Rank 12 Captain, highest ranked captain on our server and I hate farmers. I've earned every single renown legitimately and respect others who have done the same. I actively call out farmers when I witness suspicious activities, and I've even made a forum about a repeated farmer in the past, before the time rank farming was officially against the code of conduct.

My friends also noticed that they got banned after two other players passed by them. Those two players are known 1v1 gankers. Very, very famous for it. I've even heard those people ask in OOC, where the 1v1s? then show up with a group and zerg all 1v1-ers. Pitiful pvmp players. My friends believe that those two players who 'personally hate' 1v1s, submitted an intentionally illhearted, false report to put my friends into trouble.

What I would like to know are:

(1) Are we not supposed to 1v1 anymore? Because the two people who got banned are as legit as a pvmp player can be. If their 1v1 is bannable material, what 1v1 is not?

(2) How was Turbine watching the 1v1? Across the servers when there are so many 'actual' farmers out there in the delving, behind the rocks near Isendeep, away from all activities (definitely, not in the middle of ggrim, where a lot of people pass by to check for 1v1s...??) And if they were watching, could you please explain in detail what exactly triggered the ban? So that none of us will ever do that to get banned.

(3) Is there a way to prove/ verify the reports from other players? If some illhearted person make a false claim regarding rank farming (which I suspect will happen more than we like, because of the nature of pvmp triggering hatred towards each other, especially in emotionally non-mature players, and some may just abuse this new system to get legit players get banned, which I suspect is what happened here), can Turbine verify that?

I would love to hear a response from Turbine. I also encourage all pvmp players who have been falsefully banned for rank farming recently, or know people who have been falsefully banned, to respond to this thread. Please make sure to be mature about your responses, however. Let's not use curse words, let's not be hateful.

Sincerely,

Farriel
    Last edited by Farriel; Sep 11 2013 at 12:13 AM.
    [IMG]http://oi41.tinypic.com/14v1utt.jpg[/IMG]
    Farrielle R13 Captain (BW), Archaniel R8 Hunter (CH), Farrial R8 Minstrel (CH)
    Farrball R9 Stalker (CH), Kumosan R8 Weaver (CH), Vapour R6 Reaver (CH)

Turbine GM's and Suits manage their game so well, they cater their players with so much logical prowess, I hear that they analyze market trends and actually do what the population wants therefore increasing their total playerbase and in turn, revenue.

They never say, if no one is complaining about it, we'll change it for no reason and ignore the issues that have been called upon by the population for years.

Never.

Isn't level 40's still allowed in the moors? Turbine obviously knows what they are doing.

On point, how many times did they spar? A burg should be able to wipe the floor with a warg yet if the burg holds himself back to give the warg a fighting chance so both can win while sparring multiple times wouldn't that be a form of farming?

Personally I'm waiting to be banned myself one day for killing the same level 40 my server likes to bring to the moors as bait. So easy to 2 shot it really is more like jailbait. Again turbine obviously knows what they are doing.

Pretty damn pathetic excuse for a policy if you ask me.

Knew their terrible customer support would #### it up.

From my experience they just get the report ticket and apply the penalty related to the violation (ban or whatever) without ANY question or chat to the one they're punishing. And, even worse, if you ask for evidence, reason and so on they NEVER answer.
    Said this I suggest everyone to stop 1v1 in moors or limit it to ~3-5 spars.
    [IMG]http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000078e83/01008/signature.png[/IMG]
    [url=http://lotroaltfinder.net/Evernight/Embolo]Alts[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by aaSteele View Post
    Isn't level 40's still allowed in the moors? Turbine obviously knows what they are doing.

On point, how many times did they spar? A burg should be able to wipe the floor with a warg yet if the burg holds himself back to give the warg a fighting chance so both can win while sparring multiple times wouldn't that be a form of farming?
    As I recall it was only 3 times. 1 win to the burg 2 to the warg. On our server all the main 1v1 players to some extent limit their skill use to make fights more balanced, since turbine can't give us balanced pvp with little tweaks to what skills we use. For example. on rk depending what I am fighting I wouldn't use armour of storm, perfect imagery or writ of health. on champ depending on what I am fighting skills I'd leave out are bubbles heals and seeking blade. Warden, no hots and no cds pretty much whatever I fight. if it's low ranked probably use no bleeds either. burgs depending what they are fighting will limit stuns or even use none at all. I don't see why you would call this a form of farming, we just want fights to be more balanced then the current system is. It is obvious if a freep uses everything the devs gave them and has a clue how to play they should wipe the floor with basically any creep. However if they limit some overpowered abilities and rely only on more balanced skills and their own movement abilities, fight all of a sudden become more challenging for the freeps, and more fair. Personally I'd consider fighting good freeps who don't limit themselves closer to farming, though still a mile away. what's the fun in beating every creep every time

Quote Originally Posted by therealfirehands View Post
    As I recall it was only 3 times. 1 win to the burg 2 to the warg. On our server all the main 1v1 players to some extent limit their skill use to make fights more balanced, since turbine can't give us balanced pvp with little tweaks to what skills we use. For example. on rk depending what I am fighting I wouldn't use armour of storm, perfect imagery or writ of health. on champ depending on what I am fighting skills I'd leave out are bubbles heals and seeking blade. Warden, no hots and no cds pretty much whatever I fight. if it's low ranked probably use no bleeds either. burgs depending what they are fighting will limit stuns or even use none at all. I don't see why you would call this a form of farming, we just want fights to be more balanced then the current system is. It is obvious if a freep uses everything the devs gave them and has a clue how to play they should wipe the floor with basically any creep. However if they limit some overpowered abilities and rely only on more balanced skills and their own movement abilities, fight all of a sudden become more challenging for the freeps, and more fair. Personally I'd consider fighting good freeps who don't limit themselves closer to farming, though still a mile away. what's the fun in beating every creep every time
    That are some golden words my friend. As cappy I tend to beat all creeps in 1v1, so I have to limit my self to no muster courage, no rallying cry, no revealing mark, no last stand, no oathbreakers, and no valiant strike(in some cases), to give creeps a chance, but even so I only lose to very good spider or reaver once in a blue moon.

Regarding OP. Its very sad to hear something like that happen, but its even more sad to know to stuff like this would happen when they implied new rule regards farming. Balanced 1v1s only thing left of some good pvp in the moors, but somehow devs found a way to fudge that up too >.<

It was a daily, casual, friendly 1v1 between friends. We are all in Raidcall, and we fight until death (some of us lag like crazy, so we stop, if the other is not fighting back). We follow the strictest rules of no CDs, no morale pots, and not even debuff pots if one is lower rank, to make the 1v1 more interesting and challenging (burgs and wargs 1v1 without stealth, if they have good sportsmanship).
    Not that I care how people spend their time gaming but this is pretty much the definition of fight-clubbing.

Also, I disagree with your sentiments about planned 1v1's being a true test of skill. They're a test of your true skill at 1v1ing within a certain rule set. Mostly in the Moors there are no rules about pots, assists, stealths etc.

Pretty damn pathetic excuse for a policy if you ask me.

Knew their terrible customer support would #### it up.
    Complain much?
    Purely~Scrumptious

Banned for sparring 3 times?!? I make more points killing a level 40 in the middle of a zerg wait for it to be rezzed and then kill it immediately after. If what is being said is true it looks like they were the unfortunate victims of trolls using turbine as a weapon.