We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Estimation of Helm's Deep's exit for when the preoder?

Estimation of Helm's Deep's exit for when the preoder?

There is no news of when it begins can how much be late one month or 2 in October ends or beginning of November? If I need to know it to make my plans with my player

From mmorpg.com preview: "the release date is said to be “soonerish".

As far as I know, soonerish is far away from soon :-(

Not incredisoon(tm) for sure.

We'll hear about the pre-purchase in October. Beta will take longer than expected and the release date will get pushed from early December until January.

Quote Originally Posted by Hundolf View Post
    We'll hear about the pre-purchase in October. Beta will take longer than expected and the release date will get pushed from early December until January.
    That........... actually sounds quite probable.

Greetings to Master Sapience and the other nice people of the middle-earth

The unknown launchdate'ish is a bit hard for us RP'ers that are trying to create events thats a bit larger than 'gather in the pub to do a quiz' type of event.
    I am a member in the Commitee for this years 'Archet Aid' over on Laurelin (www.archetaid.com) and we have set the date to the 2nd of November for the event. Problem is if the HD comes out at that time, we would be sitting with 'a s***load of hours' spent organising the event, and will get a turnup of, if we are lucky, a handfull of people. The rest will be on the other side of the middle-earth, bashing orcs :-(

Ok, I guess it will be a safe date due to no information have come out yet and its just 1.5 month away, but with our luck.... 0.o...

So, a little note saying something like: 'it will probably come out in november/desember, or /desember/january or any other vague hint' will be of big help for people like us :-)

Best regards
    Grymrock Grey

Officer - Order of the Divine Brew - [EN-RP]Laurelin
    Band - The Chosen Few
    Twitter: @grymrock
    web: http://www.grymrock.com and http://www.archetaid.com
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000018aa94/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader of 'Order of the Divine Brew' kinship at [EN-RP] Laurelin server.
    Bandleader of [URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/node/7504"]'The Chosen Few'[/URL] at the [En-RP] Laurelin server.

Quote Originally Posted by Hundolf View Post
    Source???

or just guesses?

/Azt

Web Store maintenance today... think that might be a clue...
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    I came here to see if anyone else also thought maybe, just maybe, Helm's Deep might be up for preorder/prepurchase.

"Hope is kindled."

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBladeEU View Post
    I came here to see if anyone else also thought maybe, just maybe, Helm's Deep might be up for preorder/prepurchase.

"Hope is kindled."
    most likely just to fix the broken links recently discovered in the store.....

how's that for pee'ing in your cheerios? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Aztaroth_SWE View Post
    Source???

or just guesses?

/Azt
    Educated Guess. Now that the captain dev diary was pushed it might set back the whole timetable for releasing news. January is looking more and more likely to me. The real problem for me is that I was going to wait for HD to go on clearance. Usually there is a black-friday type of sale on expansions, but I don't think that is going to happen this year. I guess I'll just have to enjoy my shiny new PS4 over the holidays and wait for HD to go on clearance next year.

Cappy diary is up now

Quote Originally Posted by goldensilence View Post
    most likely just to fix the broken links recently discovered in the store.....

how's that for pee'ing in your cheerios? ;P
    "There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope."

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBladeEU View Post
    "There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope."
    Yeah & I posted that it was maybe a clue not a for sure thing.

If they are going to hold true to "Fall 2013" release announcement, I am sticking by my guess of the last day of Fall...December 20. Previous announcements have been about 2 months as a minimum time frame for the actual release date. Isengard was about 3 months, Mirkwood was about 2 months (if I recall correctly). I believe Rohan was about 3 months.

I would expect pre-order to hit in the next couple weeks with an exact release date.

I'm personally going with the idea that Turbine is going to completely break with gaming convention this time around and not have a pre-order. The expansion will go on sale the day it is released and not a minute before.

*Waits patiently for Turbine to release the pre-order information today just to spite me and prove me wrong.*

Mines of Moria´s release date was announced 39 days before release
    * release: november 18th
    * announcement: october 10th
    Server: Snowbourn

Main: Thrabath - Champion - Lvl 100

I'm expecting a pre-order announcement this month, possibly around the time of Frodo and Bilbo's birthdays: 22 September.

As Thrabath highlighted, Turbine has used different release models in the past. I think we have become used to the company using the same model for the last few years, but it is clear that after the delay of RoR last year they didn't want to announce the release date too early and have to push it back again.

As for the release date itself, mid to late October is still a possibility, especially now that dev diaries are coming out. Usually dev diaries wouldn't come out if there were many months to go before launch. At the latest I would expect a November release, because any later hurts potential holiday season sales. Also consider that Turbine is still promising a housing update after HD, but before the end of the year. If HD released in December it wouldn't exactly give the company much time for this.

Of course, anything can change, especially with beta ongoing.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    I'm expecting a pre-order announcement this month, possibly around the time of Frodo and Bilbo's birthdays: 22 September.

-Bel
    Check out the front page of the website. My current expectation is pre-orders will be available tomorrow.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Check out the front page of the website. My current expectation is pre-orders will be available tomorrow.
    Woo! Will be good to finally have a release date and see what goodies are on offer with the expansion.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post

As Thrabath highlighted, Turbine has used different release models in the past. I think we have become used to the company using the same model for the last few years, but it is clear that after the delay of RoR last year they didn't want to announce the release date too early and have to push it back again.

As for the release date itself, mid to late October is still a possibility, especially now that dev diaries are coming out. Usually dev diaries wouldn't come out if there were many months to go before launch. At the latest I would expect a November release, because any later hurts potential holiday season sales. Also consider that Turbine is still promising a housing update after HD, but before the end of the year. If HD released in December it wouldn't exactly give the company much time for this.

Of course, anything can change, especially with beta ongoing.

-Bel
    That would be stupid to release it in October. They have had hardly any beta testing done & we are pushing mid September already.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

That would be stupid to release it in October. They have had hardly any beta testing done & we are pushing mid September already.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm thinking mid to late November release followed by mid to late December release for the Housing update + whatever.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast