We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rath Teraig Exploration Deed - Need Help With 2 Locations

Trying to get to Amon Thanc and Crookdell. I know Crookdell is on the west side of the area, but can't tell if it's on a mountain/hill or not. Amon Thanc is proving to be difficult - it looks like it's on top of the mountain in the center section of the area, but I can't find any way up to it.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMichaelPrescott View Post
    Trying to get to Amon Thanc and Crookdell. I know Crookdell is on the west side of the area, but can't tell if it's on a mountain/hill or not. Amon Thanc is proving to be difficult - it looks like it's on top of the mountain in the center section of the area, but I can't find any way up to it.

Near the place where you find the named goblin (I don't remember his name, but there should be a quest to kill him) there should be a path upwards towards the center area to Amon Thanc.
    There will also be another path upwards near there that leads to Crookdell but that one is full of Elite goblins so don't go there.
    If ypu follow the Epic Prologue (Dwarf or Elf) you will enter Rath Teraig as an instance and that will take you to Crookdell. Don't try going there in the normal landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMichaelPrescott View Post

As a gamer who took long breaks, I can recommend using wiki. I have it open a lot.

If you google "lotro rath teraig" you will get a wiki link as one of the first results. This will describe the places you need to go to - if it's a complicated spot, often with screenshot or other commentary - and it always has a tiny map if you hover mouse over the coordinates for the place.

Thanks for the help!

Do this, type Tales of Arda maps into google and enjoy, unless you like looking for things yourself. I admit, back when I first rolled up a toon, running around looking at every ruin and seeing if I could make it the one up on a hill or across a river chasm was fun, but now it's more about efficiency.