We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Reduced Awareness weirdness

I probably play 60% on Imladris, 30% Landroval, and 10% other servers.

But since this bounder token thing started, Imladris is almost always under reduced awareness when I play. None of the other servers I play seems to suffer this lately (Landroval used to on weekends at times).

And yet Imladris doesn't seem particularly crowded. Just going by the social panel there are maybe 250 people listed in that. I realize some are anonymous, but still, the people milling around doesn't seem like a lot compared to Landroval or Laurelin. Maybe 2 in the Bree crafter's hall and a few at the festival place. And the token total pales in comparison to the other servers I play on (except Gilrain, which is a ghost town most of the time).

Anyway, the new announcements box drives me crazy because the reduced awareness constantly comes and goes, and always shakes the little box when it pops back up.

The population rank of Imladris is actually 13/29 (Landroval 7/29)
    But I have also very often this message...

Exactly, by all accounts, it's a mid sized server. So why all the load? Is it just a weaker server (in terms of power) than others?

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    Exactly, by all accounts, it's a mid sized server. So why all the load? Is it just a weaker server (in terms of power) than others?
    When Turbine launched their first game, their core software was designed so that each world could be a different size. That way they scale the hardware depending on the number of players on the that world. A world with fewer players would have less hardware.

I have no doubt the Lotro implementation is much improved over the original 1999 version. Thereby resulting in better load sharing via the software. Plus making it easier to grow or shrink based on usage.

It may very well be that the current population on Imladris is pushing the hardware limits of that server.

Some of the real time products that I worked on as a software developer have wide range of hardware configuration. One product that I worked came in a 10,000 to 1,000,000 end users of course not all of them would be actively using the system at the same time. You could choose 100 different end user sizes for the machine. There were a lot of other hardware choices like maximum number of concurrent active user. How many customers could attempt to go active every second? - You sized this attribute in single units.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

We've actually been having this same issue (sometimes associated with some crazy, out-of-the-blue lag) on Riddermark too, and before the Bounder's Bounty event began. :/ This used to be a very rare event in my experience. Now it is almost daily.

Out of curiosity, what is Riddermark ranked at, in terms of population?
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    We've actually been having this same issue (sometimes associated with some crazy, out-of-the-blue lag) on Riddermark too, and before the Bounder's Bounty event began. :/ This used to be a very rare event in my experience. Now it is almost daily.
    Out of curiosity, what is Riddermark ranked at, in terms of population?
    Riddermark is less populated than Imladris : 22/29 actually

I'm on Imladris as well and also run into 'reduced awareness" every play session.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Ouch. Wouldn't have ever guessed that Riddermark would be that low. O.O Thanks for checking, though!
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Dwarrowdelf is constantly afflicted by reduced awareness. Personally I see it the most at festivals and in the moors. And I agree, having it pop back up constantly is very annoying, I simply do not care to even be informed about it. -_-
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    If you're basing that on the status of our statue, it may simply mean we have less people interested in festivals, or that we have more people are more interested in hording thier tokens instead of contributing them.

Hdro shows Riddermark with a 4% of native-US server logins, while Imladris has 5%. I'd say that implies we're not all that dissimilar in terms of population. Especially as we're both getting this reduced awareness icon quite frequently.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

can confirm it, also on imladris and never played last weeks without reduced awareness
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    If you're basing that on the status of our statue.
    No, I just read Turbine data (SOAP services).

I have even this annoying message in places where FPS is high, like Stangarde, without moving...

I am more likely to see this on Dwarrow than Nimrodel, but I have seen it on both fairly often lately. I think there's some new tech involved that triggers it.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

I play Dwarrowdelf and Silverload. This message is constant on DD (and driving me nuts) but has only just started to appear (for me) on Silverload. Judging from the statue-index Silverload appears relatively underpopulated - the prices at the AH are certainly a lot cheaper there! I was hoping there was a way to turn the message off - any ideas?