We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    516

    Champion U16.1 PvP Video

    My first ride on the Champ since 75. Watch through the end for a good laugh and make sure your audio is on. Enjoy.

    First Marshal Aenise - Level 115 Burglar
    Member of Situational Awareness http://situational-awareness.net/
    Check out my PvMP videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZV...fuVom6u7V9nDtw

  2. #2
    stopped watching when it got to the 1v1's because they bore me in their current state. however nice video. just cant get over the fact you dont have WA even on your quickslots lol
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lugbur View Post
    stopped watching when it got to the 1v1's because they bore me in their current state. however nice video. just cant get over the fact you dont have WA even on your quickslots lol
    Any champ who uses WA is not playing optimally(for dps ofc).

  4. #4
    How did you ever win against those overpowered Creeps!?!
    Ridduk

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    Any champ who uses WA is not playing optimally(for dps ofc).
    yes because an extra crit buff is a horrible thing. also there are time where he is mashing SS waiting for it to come off cd. WA could easily have slotted in.
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by dagorlad91806 View Post
    How did you ever win against those overpowered Creeps!?!
    By fighting with an overpowered Champ.
    First Marshal Aenise - Level 115 Burglar
    Member of Situational Awareness http://situational-awareness.net/
    Check out my PvMP videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZV...fuVom6u7V9nDtw

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by lugbur View Post
    yes because an extra crit buff is a horrible thing. also there are time where he is mashing SS waiting for it to come off cd. WA could easily have slotted in.
    Any champ who traits WA is not playing optimally (for dps ofc).

    Belv m8 pls learn parenthesis spacing

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lugbur View Post
    yes because an extra crit buff is a horrible thing. also there are time where he is mashing SS waiting for it to come off cd. WA could easily have slotted in.
    Yes because an extra crit buff at the expense of more damage than the crit buff would give you is a horrible thing. Also there are time where he is mashing SS waiting for it to come off cd and using that skill is just as bad a decision as using WA but WA could have easily slotted in.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaiv View Post
    Belv m8 pls learn bracket spacing
    The word you were looking for is parenthesis, not brackets and my sentence is correct, at least google things that you don't know(or know very little) about before you attempt to troll people about them.
    Last edited by Thaelon; Jul 15 2015 at 08:00 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    The word you were looking for is parenthesis, not brackets and my sentence is correct, at least google things that you don't know(or know very little) about before you attempt to troll people about them.
    Well this is awkward... Here's the first random website I found after googling something I already knew: https://oilpatchwriting.wordpress.co...d-parentheses/

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaiv View Post
    Well this is awkward... Here's the first random website I found after googling something I already knew: https://oilpatchwriting.wordpress.co...d-parentheses/
    I will quote the number one result upon searching "parenthesis spacing" on google: " For example, we would read "IPhone(5MP)" as being the full name of a particular kind of IPhone, whereas "IPhone (5MP)" would refer to something whose name is "IPhone" which happened to have the "5MP" property.", maybe it will help you understand that there are exceptions to almost every rule and this is one of them.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    I will quote the number one result upon searching "parenthesis spacing" on google: " For example, we would read "IPhone(5MP)" as being the full name of a particular kind of IPhone, whereas "IPhone (5MP)" would refer to something whose name is "IPhone" which happened to have the "5MP" property.", maybe it will help you understand that there are exceptions to almost every rule and this is one of them.
    Can't tell if trolling... sure that's an exception but it's not... dude what? Might I also quote, then, the definition of 'parenthesis':

    "In rhetoric, a parenthesis (plural: parentheses; from the Greek word ??????????, which comes in turn from words meaning "alongside of" and "to place") or parenthetical phrase is an explanatory or qualifying word, clause, or sentence inserted into a passage. The parenthesis could be left out and still form grammatically correct text. Parentheses are usually marked off by round or square brackets, dashes, or commas."

    Even in the quote I am proved right, and you wrong. Good day.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaiv View Post
    Can't tell if trolling... sure that's an exception but it's not... dude what? Might I also quote, then, the definition of 'parenthesis':

    "In rhetoric, a parenthesis (plural: parentheses; from the Greek word ??????????, which comes in turn from words meaning "alongside of" and "to place") or parenthetical phrase is an explanatory or qualifying word, clause, or sentence inserted into a passage. The parenthesis could be left out and still form grammatically correct text. Parentheses are usually marked off by round or square brackets, dashes, or commas."

    Even in the quote I am proved right, and you wrong. Good day.
    Not only does this quote literally provide no insight either way to anything either of us are trying to prove but neither does the rest of your post, provide some actual evidence that disproves that my lack of space with my use of parenthesis is incorrect instead of basically saying "lolwut, you are wrong I am not, let me show you this worthless quote, good day".

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    Not only does this quote literally provide no insight either way to anything either of us are trying to prove but neither does the rest of your post, provide some actual evidence that disproves that my lack of space with my use of parenthesis is incorrect instead of basically saying "lolwut, you are wrong I am not, let me show you this worthless quote, good day".
    No. We both know you're wrong, and so does everyone reading this that isn't ########, but because of who you are you'll never simply admit it. So here's this...


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaiv View Post
    No. We both know you're wrong, and so does everyone reading this that isn't ########, but because of who you are you'll never simply admit it.
    Only you "know" that I am wrong it would seem and I do not not admit to things that are not true which includes this thread. If you do not have any "factual" evidence to show, accept you are wrong and move on.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    Only you "know" that I am wrong it would seem and I do not not admit to things that are not true which includes this thread. If you do not have any "factual" evidence to show, accept you are wrong and move on.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaiv View Post
    trash
    So weak, so vulnerable.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Grego28 View Post
    A true predator always hunts down his victim no matter what, don't you think?
    That's true.

    RIP Fractal's fotm warden 2015-2015

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaiv View Post
    No. We both know you're wrong, and so does everyone reading this that isn't ########, but because of who you are you'll never simply admit it. So here's this...
    He's actually not wrong. The parenthetical clause was unnecessary albeit not wrong.

    We good now?
    Tsaurel/Telae - SVP

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    He's actually not wrong. The parenthetical clause was unnecessary albeit not wrong.

    We good now?
    lol no

    Just because there is an exception, doesn't mean it is an acceptable alternative wherever.

    I wonder, Belv, will you continue to do it wrong after this? Or will you carry on without spacing in sheer defiance.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaiv View Post
    Or will you carry on without spacing in sheer defiance.
    (s)(o) [m][u][c][h] (d)(e)(f)(i)(a)(c)(e)(.)


  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaiv View Post
    Just because there is an exception, doesn't mean it is an acceptable alternative wherever.

    I wonder, Belv, will you continue to do it wrong after this? Or will you carry on without spacing in sheer defiance.
    The exception allowed me to use it in the way I used it, go and learn about parenthesis spacing then come back and try to troll about it, now that you know they are called parenthesis and not brackets.

    I wonder, Fractal, will you continue to embarrass yourself by insisting that you are right when you are not? Or will you learn from this, accept that you are wrong and move on? By the way, there is meant to be a question mark at the end of your final sentence instead of a full stop, but you knew that right?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    516
    Hope you all have been enjoying the video! ~ Lmao






    First Marshal Aenise - Level 115 Burglar
    Member of Situational Awareness http://situational-awareness.net/
    Check out my PvMP videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZV...fuVom6u7V9nDtw

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomoth View Post
    Hope you all have been enjoying the video! ~ Lmao

    Ignore the "Who has a smaller p*nis" contest above Aenise, I enjoyed your video.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    The exception allowed me to use it in the way I used it, go and learn about parenthesis spacing then come back and try to troll about it, now that you know they are called parenthesis and not brackets.

    I wonder, Fractal, will you continue to embarrass yourself by insisting that you are right when you are not? Or will you learn from this, accept that you are wrong and move on? By the way, there is meant to be a question mark at the end of your final sentence instead of a full stop, but you knew that right?
    Alright, since you seem not to actually know, I'll state it clearly: the only time you would not space a parenthesis is if it was an extension of a word. As a very basic example, plurals can be denoted this way; the player(s) in Asylum think they're better than they are.

    You see, Belv, parentheses are used to add an additional little message that one might not qualify as 'main sentence-worthy', but are used correctly when the sentence would make sense without the brackets (<-- this is called a round bracket. A parenthesis is the concept, a bracket in whatever form is what we use to indicate that a parenthesis has been used). As such, what you effectively typed up there somewhere in this thread was something like, 'Any champ who uses WA is not playing optimallyfor dps ofc.'.

    If you want to get nitpicky, how about bringing up that, not least because of your lack of spacing, you've most likely literally never used a parenthesis correctly in your life (on the forums, at least). You can't just add a word in the middle of a sentence and stick it in brackets and have it make sense. An example of what you do could be, perhaps, 'You can't (shouldn't) just add a word...'. This reads as: 'You can't shouldn't just add a word...'.

    Sigh... maybe you genuinely don't know that you're wrong, and are displaying your ignorance proudly like a peacock... or maybe I'm just getting trolled hard af.

    Here are some links for you to read:

    http://english.stackexchange.com/que...re-parenthesis
    https://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/parentheses.html
    https://oilpatchwriting.wordpress.co...d-parentheses/
    http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/parens.asp

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomoth View Post
    Hope you all have been enjoying the video! ~ Lmao
    Yes, I did actually. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by arcaiv; Jul 16 2015 at 05:08 AM.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaiv View Post
    Alright, since you clearly don't actually know, I'll state it clearly: the only time you would not space a parenthesis is if it was an extension of a word. As a very basic example, plurals can be denoted this way; the player(s) of Asylum think they're better than they are.
    You are wrong, how many times do people need to tell you before you really get it? As for your clear trolling attempt, don't make me pull out these pms you have been sending me about how you want to play with Asylum because you realise they are the best players in lotro and about how you have been asking me to log onto beta to basically "trial" you.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaiv View Post
    If you want to get nitpicky, how about bringing up that, not least because of your lack of spacing, you've most likely literally never used a parenthesis correctly in your life (on the forums, at least).
    Yet another idiotic claim, some people just never learn...
    That last link does not belong, it does not include any information regarding what we are discussing, only irrelevant information about parentheses. I would like you to look over the first link, particularly the second answer, third paragraph, it details how putting a space where you want me to would have it be read how you laid it out above, which was not how I intended it, I used it to further express my point by detailing exactly what purpose the champion would be performing sub optimally if he used WA.


    As it seems that you really do think you are right and that the exceptions that multiple people have told you exist do not, why don't you tell me why? Tell me why these exceptions don't or can't exist? Tell me why the "rules" you have brought on this thread are the correct way to use parentheses with no exception? Better yet tell me why you have been so foolish as to continue to believe that you are right and everyone else is wrong? I look forward to you continuing to embarrass yourself.
    Last edited by Thaelon; Jul 16 2015 at 07:00 AM.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload