We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 37 of 37
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by tully007 View Post
    Want to bet that 12 freeps could auto attack a WL or defiler to death?
    Yes I do, actually. Or rather, that they couldn't against a good defiler.
    "Heroes get remembered but Legends never die."

    SnH Landroval

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by xmorzan View Post
    Yes I do, actually. Or rather, that they couldn't against a good defiler.
    You kind of missed the point of my post too it seems.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    Everyone is aware of the problems you list and is as frustrated as you; unfortunately, Turbine has said they will not make any changes to creepside until all of the class revamps are completed (the rationale being why spend time changing things now when it's all going to change after Helms Deep anyway).

    The only problem, as I see it, is that once it is done and creeps (hopefully) get changed, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth upon which creeps will be nerfed/stealthnerfed and/or not scaled with new freep gear and then we are back where we started... again
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,468
    Nobody really knows, all we can so is guess and play into conjecture. I hear creeps are getting 6 new corruptions slots.. OP? Who knows.

    Freeps are getting trait trees, all I hear is QQ about how terribad that will be.

    I suggest we all just get out there and play... and HAVE FUN! If all of this interferes with your ability to have fun (which, ultimately is the point of any game) then quit it.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r8 Mini

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    I invite you to transfer to brandywine... we know how to put rk's in their place. :P

    I have a r10 rk (pre-RoR) so I know when rk's are good and they can be taken down. you just need to know how.
    for starters the speed buff is 20%, and you can't use the speed buff unless you're lightning traited, and it only lasts 10 seconds, larger slows will overide it since it doesn't remove or prevent slows and every single creep can cast a bigger slow on him than the run buff gives. and if you're lightning traited, you don't get mending verse spam from calming verse. so that's right out.
    First off, rank means little compared to skill and gear. We have several R10-14 RKs.
    Secondly, that is not the speed buff I mean, i mean Coffee + Store run buffs. Any good RK will either be immune to slows or remove them when they are applied.
    The rest of your post is useless to me since you assume a situation in which the RK can be CC'd and is alone. They can't and they aren't.
    What you think of as 'good' in my eyes is not good at all. It's certainly brave to attack a craid alone on your RK, but there is a thin line between brave and stupid.

    But at least I can commend you for not dragging support characters behind you on follow. That means you don't mind dying.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    First off, rank means little compared to skill and gear. We have several R10-14 RKs.
    Secondly, that is not the speed buff I mean, i mean Coffee + Store run buffs. Any good RK will either be immune to slows or remove them when they are applied.
    The rest of your post is useless to me since you assume a situation in which the RK can be CC'd and is alone. They can't and they aren't.
    What you think of as 'good' in my eyes is not good at all. It's certainly brave to attack a craid alone on your RK, but there is a thin line between brave and stupid.

    But at least I can commend you for not dragging support characters behind you on follow. That means you don't mind dying.
    Why thank you! I believe the first, the creeps believe the latter (and pat themselves on a job well done once my dwarfbeard is shared amongs the 12 creeps +mapins)


    I must sincerely apologise to the OP for causing him to actually rage on the forums, I was quite content with him flipping and raging server-wide in glff, at least it was kept in Landroval.
    Last edited by Gottapee; Sep 12 2013 at 01:16 AM.

  7. #32
    Uhhhh, not only do I have to watch the train wreck QQing of OP in creep OOC and freepside GLFF - now he's here.

    Seriously, it was so bad the other day, I logged out of my creep to go do some festival quests, and he flips over to freepside and flooded GLFF to the point I just logged out for the rest of the night.

    Granted, for some of you in this thread, it didn't help matters with your feeding of the angry rage flipper.

    To OP, yes the state of the Moors is in a ###### place for creeps, everyone knows, get over it, move on, try to have fun or logout.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by tully007 View Post
    You kind of missed the point of my post too it seems.
    No, got your point (at least I think I did ). But it's kind of silly to say that 12 toons on either side, not hitting any skills at all should win against a healer. We all understand that freeps are ridiculously OP, but it's not like it was in RoI when freeps were even more OP and there were no outposts to get a 13k mastery boost from. I'm going to assume that no-one in our beloved OP's group even bothered to read the tooltips on their skills. Instead, we have a troll thread that is so sad, it proves people who think 12 "decently played" creeps can't kill an rk actually do exist. I know you probably don't fall into that category, but blaming balance rather than incompetence is a little much in this case.

    BirdofHermes: Coffee doesn't improve run speed in combat. Test it.
    "Heroes get remembered but Legends never die."

    SnH Landroval

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by xmorzan View Post
    No, got your point (at least I think I did ). But it's kind of silly to say that 12 toons on either side, not hitting any skills at all should win against a healer. We all understand that freeps are ridiculously OP, but it's not like it was in RoI when freeps were even more OP and there were no outposts to get a 13k mastery boost from. I'm going to assume that no-one in our beloved OP's group even bothered to read the tooltips on their skills. Instead, we have a troll thread that is so sad, it proves people who think 12 "decently played" creeps can't kill an rk actually do exist. I know you probably don't fall into that category, but blaming balance rather than incompetence is a little much in this case.

    BirdofHermes: Coffee doesn't improve run speed in combat. Test it.
    True Indeed.

    The issue still remains, I think, that 12 Creeps smashing their face on the keyboard should win that fight. Forget about everything else and just think about the DPS being dished out V's the HPS coming in.

    At the moment, in simple DPS v's HPS terms, we have a situation where one Freeps DPS can out gun one Creep healers HPS. There is no need for special timing on skills just button smashing DPS till they die. The same isn't true for Creep DPS v's Freep HPS.

    Also the problem of "people not reading their tooltips" isn't limited to Creeps. Do you recall the QQ after ROR launch when things were actually quite well balanced? Just like then if things do get balanced better and Freeps need to start thinking about new ways to fight a Creep with heals, other than raw DPS, I'm predicting we'll start to see Freep QQ threads, like this one, about OP Creeps.

    Here is a good example from a rank 13 mini I believe:

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?486123

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    First off, rank means little compared to skill and gear. We have several R10-14 RKs.
    Secondly, that is not the speed buff I mean, i mean Coffee + Store run buffs. Any good RK will either be immune to slows or remove them when they are applied.
    The rest of your post is useless to me since you assume a situation in which the RK can be CC'd and is alone. They can't and they aren't.
    What you think of as 'good' in my eyes is not good at all. It's certainly brave to attack a craid alone on your RK, but there is a thin line between brave and stupid.

    But at least I can commend you for not dragging support characters behind you on follow. That means you don't mind dying.
    I know that skill and gear counts, but so does experience.
    pay to win is pay to win, you can use the same buffs if you really want. but it's reasonable to assume people don't pay2win to the degree of branding and potting like candy. let me correct you too. A good rk with any modicum of pride won't need such crutches. maybe it's different on your server... as for being cc'd and being alone, I can easily assume they can and are because the OP said they were alone and not being helped. rk's are not immune to CC, they can remove it somewhat easily, but that still takes tempo, which is what I was explaining.

    I don't need to be a healing coward. I trait dps, and I can run into a craid and get a kill on someone, I have done it regularly, sometimes more than one kill if i'm careful and use elf stealth to get close. I will also charge into a warg pack and wipe half of them before I go down. Do I know I'm going to die? of course! Do solo's run screaming from me? yes. When me and a burg can duo 14 people with me dpsing. I don't need to apply the false dichotomy of brave/stupid. I KNOW what i'm doing and i'll go with option 3 and say i'm simply aware of my capabilities and that of my class. Don't apply your standard to me or brandywine players. any solo rk that tried to heal through 12 ranked creeps would be dead here. store buffs or not.
    I never felt the need for a pocket cappy and/or mini/lm like most of the big name rk's on brandy, I did often run with a burg and hunter though.
    Belolth Hisses with fury as venom drips from his maw, scorching the earth, "come manling, my brood hungers!"

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by tully007 View Post
    True Indeed.

    The issue still remains, I think, that 12 Creeps smashing their face on the keyboard should win that fight. Forget about everything else and just think about the DPS being dished out V's the HPS coming in.

    At the moment, in simple DPS v's HPS terms, we have a situation where one Freeps DPS can out gun one Creep healers HPS. There is no need for special timing on skills just button smashing DPS till they die. The same isn't true for Creep DPS v's Freep HPS.

    Also the problem of "people not reading their tooltips" isn't limited to Creeps. Do you recall the QQ after ROR launch when things were actually quite well balanced? Just like then if things do get balanced better and Freeps need to start thinking about new ways to fight a Creep with heals, other than raw DPS, I'm predicting we'll start to see Freep QQ threads, like this one, about OP Creeps.

    Here is a good example from a rank 13 mini I believe:

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?486123

    I do remember the QQ. But for me, that era was the best pvp I've ever been a part of in Lotro, as I've only participated since RoI. I think the balance was pretty close as far as I could tell. I also didn't intend to lump the "not reading the tooltips" into a creep problem. There are terribles on both sides to be sure, and I've made some enemies through calling out others on abusing advantages.

    With that being said, I think the OP (who is a known rager on our server, and prone to dishonesty) was at the very least distorting the facts on the ranks and numbers, though I've been playing my RK on BW lately and have only logged on Landy mostly to pvp in kin groups. In this case I wasn't there to see it firsthand. I do agree that 12 creeps should win that fight hands down, I really do. But given the circumstances, its very possible that either the facts have been distorted, or the creeps really were that bad (or even a sweet mix of both). Strobe is possibly the best RK on server, and to me it seems fair that one who masters his class like Strobe has can at least pull off a stunt like this if basic combat maneuvers like ccing and blighting a healer aren't happening. Especially when there's a pay to win reaver with 4 bleeds, all skills purchased who got DS up. It's unprecedented.

    Maybe in the future the balance will tilt so that freeps won't have such an advantage. But until then, I won't pity any players who whine when they aren't utilizing their class appropriately.
    "Heroes get remembered but Legends never die."

    SnH Landroval

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    I know that skill and gear counts, but so does experience.
    pay to win is pay to win, you can use the same buffs if you really want. but it's reasonable to assume people don't pay2win to the degree of branding and potting like candy. let me correct you too. A good rk with any modicum of pride won't need such crutches. maybe it's different on your server... as for being cc'd and being alone, I can easily assume they can and are because the OP said they were alone and not being helped. rk's are not immune to CC, they can remove it somewhat easily, but that still takes tempo, which is what I was explaining.

    I don't need to be a healing coward. I trait dps, and I can run into a craid and get a kill on someone, I have done it regularly, sometimes more than one kill if i'm careful and use elf stealth to get close. I will also charge into a warg pack and wipe half of them before I go down. Do I know I'm going to die? of course! Do solo's run screaming from me? yes. When me and a burg can duo 14 people with me dpsing. I don't need to apply the false dichotomy of brave/stupid. I KNOW what i'm doing and i'll go with option 3 and say i'm simply aware of my capabilities and that of my class. Don't apply your standard to me or brandywine players. any solo rk that tried to heal through 12 ranked creeps would be dead here. store buffs or not.
    I never felt the need for a pocket cappy and/or mini/lm like most of the big name rk's on brandy, I did often run with a burg and hunter though.
    Experience certainly, when people actually ranked by fighting instead of clubbing. Rank != Experience. When you have a Rank 15 who's been in EM for only 2 months, they will not have a great deal of experience under their belt. But I don't know how you got to R10+, and since I like to see the best in people I'll assume it was by actual fighting.
    Yes, many do brand and storepot like candy. It's the only way they can survive when a craid attacks them. Spend money rather than die I guess.
    And you're right about the OP, my apologies. Apparently 'his' RK was all alone, in which case it should be possible to kill it with 12 creeps if they have at least some BAs and Reavers. A RK all alone is not CC immune for a great length of time.

    Good for you that you go DPS, we could use more of your type of RKs. Not afraid to die. Not afraid to get in there without bots trailing behind you. But alas, it is not to be.
    Then again, the same goes to you; "Don't apply your standard to me. any solo rk that tried to DPS 12 ranked creeps would be dead here. without a kill"
    Shame we don't have them anymore.
    Last edited by BirdofHermes; Sep 12 2013 at 06:36 AM.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload