We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grim Reapers

Grim Reapers

Hey Moors Warriors,

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to leave MeM - times change, people change, kins change, time for me to move on.
    I have begun a new Kin, which is a bit odd having founded the 2nd or 3rd oldest kin left on the server - and now starting the newest...(for an hour or two anyway).

The intent of the new Kinship - Grim Reapers - is to build a team of hardcore PvP'rs and PvE'rs. We need to do both, but PvP comes first.
    That said, if you care to join GR, you must defeat one of my ranked Freeps in personal combat in the moors (aka sparring match...should be easy enough right?).

Note - Third Marshall's and above, no need to spar ;-)

I am looking for people that know how to work together in the moors, whether grouped or not, people who respect 1v1's, and people who can lead or be led.
    I am looking for people that will work together to ensure we all have the best possible gear, and gain access to the best PvE raids (whether we lead them or not).
    Yes - I will lead (with my mic) both PvE and PvP until we get someone who actually knows how to lead...

Good Hunting,

'Ell'

Forever an Ally to MeM

I suggest everyone be requested to spar or something as general kill knowlege even at r12+ might be lackluster... but what do I know :P

It's all because of the beta fish incident... isn't it.....

I _told_ you if you get them shipped overnight they'll be fresher and won't have that bloated look.

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=#ff0000]Currently serving [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Brecfes[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000] on every world....[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Lol Thor I deleted and then re-added it twice. EDIT - Any purples that want to join have to beat Thorfinn 1v1 (lmao). J/K!

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    I suggest everyone be requested to spar or something as general kill knowlege even at r12+ might be lackluster... but what do I know :P
    ps - what rank is that WB shield btw? I want one!
    Last edited by Ellouhollia; Sep 09 2013 at 05:57 PM.

The bloating actually helped....it was the other issue....heh

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    It's all because of the beta fish incident... isn't it.....

I _told_ you if you get them shipped overnight they'll be fresher and won't have that bloated look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellouhollia View Post
    Lol Thor

ps - what rank is that WB shield btw? I want one!
    Just sell a subscription :P

Gl with the new kin Ell,I`m glad to see you back.

/cheers

~B

Quote Originally Posted by 1nTruDeR View Post
    Gl with the new kin Ell,I`m glad to see you back.

/cheers

~B
    Thanks B - hope to see you around some more too. That said, if I don't get something going here in the next month or so, I am going to start relocating toons to BW...Crick was doing good when I got back, lots of 1v1's etc, but it's been really random of late, and mostly zergish (yes - I know all about BW, and believe it or not, it's less zergy than you might expect). Anyway...let's fight!

Good Hunting,

Ell

Sounds interesting. If freepside gets enough real PvMP kins there could be some nice tribe/kin wars.
    Well, good luck with that!

Thanks B - hope to see you around some more too. That said, if I don't get something going here in the next month or so, I am going to start relocating toons to BW...Crick was doing good when I got back, lots of 1v1's etc, but it's been really random of late, and mostly zergish (yes - I know all about BW, and believe it or not, it's less zergy than you might expect). Anyway...let's fight!

Good Hunting,

Ell
    That's probably because people 1v1ing have been reported for rank farming by people who lose or don't like 1v1s which has made some not want to 1v1 for fear of being reported it seems. I've even seen people in ooc say they're gonna report the creep/freep that killed them for rank farming.

I think people are too busy grams camping

Hope you find some fun on the server Ell, it has been dead everytime I've logged on recently. Its always bad this time of year though and other servers seem to be having similar issues.

Crick really needs a creep tribe/s that can function in small groups, right now its either zerg or sit in grams until enough login to zerg.

I've been slowly losing interest over the last month or so and the abuse of the new rank farming policy was the straw that broke the camels back. 1v1s are one of the only parts of this game I can get actual pvp in, and now we have people abusing a new system by reporting legit 1v1'ers as farmers.

Lotro needs to improve how they review the farming tickets quickly or people like myself will take the literal hundreds of dollars we spend on this game every year elsewhere. There is way to much competition on the mmo mark with more on the way for me to throw money at a game that won't even let me enjoy it anymore.

sorry for going completely off topic Ell, anyway I still have my BA on BW and an LM on E let me know if you land on either of those servers.

Merlinros

Quote Originally Posted by Hoges View Post
    Hope you find some fun on the server Ell, it has been dead everytime I've logged on recently. Its always bad this time of year though and other servers seem to be having similar issues.

Crick really needs a creep tribe/s that can function in small groups, right now its either zerg or sit in grams until enough login to zerg.

I've been slowly losing interest over the last month or so and the abuse of the new rank farming policy was the straw that broke the camels back. 1v1s are one of the only parts of this game I can get actual pvp in, and now we have people abusing a new system by reporting legit 1v1'ers as farmers.

Lotro needs to improve how they review the farming tickets quickly or people like myself will take the literal hundreds of dollars we spend on this game every year elsewhere. There is way to much competition on the mmo mark with more on the way for me to throw money at a game that won't even let me enjoy it anymore.

sorry for going completely off topic Ell, anyway I still have my BA on BW and an LM on E let me know if you land on either of those servers.

Merlinros
    Talking about other servers. Those seem to be exactly the same state as crick is in terms of a huge drop in activity. That includes Elendimir and when I was on BW it was quite empty as well (though it was a bad time for US and only a good time for me so that assumption prolly isn't legit as I've heard from someone that it's pretty decent still)

About the case with 1v1s, I think if there's enough people around it wouldn't work. I am yet to hear of reports of the same happening on any other server, which means it isn't something easily abusable and i honestly think this was just pure "luck" for Terom and Fire. As Sapience replied to a thread FArr made on that by lack of 3rd party witnless. Well aparently me being RIGHT THERE didn't count for !@#$ though so just make it 4+ people from now on i guess to also rotate better or something...

Someone that played that much in moors should never say that. Every player group that can't actually fight the enemies group has to 1. hug, 2. feed or 3. leave moors (for freeps : 4. ask for more on glff). Everything of that is legit and normal - even though some people don't like it.

To the amount of players: I didn't see alot of creeps out lately - might be just my online time though.

Heya Merlin - I was on BW a couple times this week, plenty of creeps...several small skirmishes all over the place. Not like it was 3 months ago, but WAY more active than Crick. One need mount for less than 20 seconds to find a warg outside of GV. Speaking of which, lol I jumped some minnie on my ferocious (no p2w skills) rank 6 warg, was doing ok, kind of...then like 15 wargs materialized out of thin air. Looked freakin cool I must admit. Minnie was prolly rather disappointed in the final outcome....(I know that feeling well).

Anyway - one of the reasons I left MeM is because I don't want to feel tied to Crick anymore - like if I play 'this is where I need to be' feeling - if Grim Reapers takes off and there is good action, no issue, but like I said, giving this about a month then putting in for at least 3 xfers (bori, ell, ellou - will leave Slye behind...he's way too under-geared for BW lololol). I am talking to a couple people, and there might be some solid interest, but, given the action of late I gotta ask myself - is Crick at saturation with PvP Kinships? I mean...is there really room here for a specialized PvP kin? Kind of starting to doubt it...

So - there is a local story with meat on it - Fire was involved? What happened really? Was there action taken or just a scary email? The fact that 1v1's could even be considered for farming just proves out how little PvP means to Turbine...they are truly out of touch (or have made a strategic decision based on where they believe the revenue is coming from...I bet the links to PvP and real dollars are stronger than they think...statistics don't always tell the correct story, I mean you kind of get what you measure, but are you measuring the right things? For example, I saw a comment by Sapience that really no one used the leaderboards - well sorry but that's obvious dude - we used a passionately player created 3rd Party Fully Functional leaderboard site called Black Appendage...shame you never counted the site visits to those pages...might have raised an eyebrow).

Merlinros

Quote Originally Posted by Blato View Post
    Someone that played that much in moors should never say that. Every player group that can't actually fight the enemies group has to 1. hug, 2. feed or 3. leave moors (for freeps : 4. ask for more on glff). Everything of that is legit and normal - even though some people don't like it.

To the amount of players: I didn't see alot of creeps out lately - might be just my online time though.
    I agree with both of you...but prefer Thor's position. We used to have that here Blato - think TDH...think level 65 Crick moors...

Good Hunting,

Ell

I agree with both of you...but prefer Thor's position. We used to have that here Blato - think TDH...think level 65 Crick moors...

Good Hunting,

Ell
    Terom and Fire both got a 7 day ban Ell for 1v1'ing at good grim. The responses have been nonsense and are never addressing the questions the two have asked about thier ban.

I know what you mean about pvp kin Saturation, I tried the same thing with Retribution a little while ago, with the hopes of training up new people, yet no knew people were even interested in learning from the vets.

Nalshi, I refuse to believe the only option unzerged creeps can do is hug. Everybody has the capacity to fight, they just need to learn their class and go through the growing pains we all did. If anyone can remember what I was like when I first started in the moors, it was laughable. I played on a ###### laptop, used a mouse that had terrible tracking and had no idea what any of the classes I was fighting were capable of. But guess what I kept stone headedly running out there, dieing learning and occasionally getting a kill. Everyone has to start from the ground floor and work their way up, the ever increasing raid babying that Hungryeater started on Crick is killing the servers once great lust for pvp.

Get out there people, learn your class and learn who you are fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blato View Post

I was on creep and made 23 k in one day mostly off of gramscamp (too drunk to check ifi made this comment) but honestly, me and Tops and at other times me and Pink and me, and some random r4 freaver with impale managed to get kills equaling to more than 6k in 2 hours. That was with minimal outside grp support at 1st and then freeps got pushed to lug. Yes, creeps are underpowered, but I think they are strongly misused often. I can't remember atm who I talked to about what could be taught to creeps and freep to improve everything, but I trust you have some knowledge as a reaver and wl. General rotation on reavers and WLs, even ranked ones who think they're doing fine can change a lot. they might not look at it seriously at 1st, but if they every try anything actually good they'll see the difference. It's about experience and trying and giving tips. Hell i might look like a hypocrite at this part, but i do believe i've helped several people boost their skill and hope others continue this cuz i sometimes get the feeling to help others to become smarter as well

As well would say

Good prey catching :P

Nalshi, I refuse to believe the only option unzerged creeps can do is hug. Everybody has the capacity to fight, they just need to learn their class and go through the growing pains we all did. If anyone can remember what I was like when I first started in the moors, it was laughable.
    At some point you are right here, but i didn't say creeps that don't zerg can only hug. I meant if the difference between numbers is too big you loose the will to fight very fast which results in hugging/leaving. Giving the side with less people some outposts could make fights abit more even but people usually don't like to play that fair - on both creepside and freepside.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    Yes, creeps are underpowered, but I think they are strongly misused often.
    I don't think creeps are underpowered atm. The coordination isnt good enough anymore - and sometimes we cant handle all the selfheals of freeps.

Terom and Fire both got a 7 day ban Ell for 1v1'ing at good grim. The responses have been nonsense and are never addressing the questions the two have asked about thier ban.
    Wow........well - the day I get banned for 1v1'ing will be the day I delete my characters and cancel VIP. Those two are FAR from farmers - whether you like them or not, THEY BOTH FIGHT TO WIN. Give us a fracking break Turbine - you gotta get this farming ticket policy right.......and in this case I guarantee you are dead wrong and owe two loyal customers an apology....geez I figured you guys would at least take a look at combat logs with your new 'ring of farming detection' (or is it a spell?).

Does this discourage me from 1v1'ing? NOT A CHANCE...

Good Hunting,

Ell
    Last edited by Ellouhollia; Sep 13 2013 at 12:14 PM.

Wow........well - the day I get banned for 1v1'ing will be the day I delete my characters and cancel VIP. Those two are FAR from farmers - whether you like them or not, THEY BOTH FIGHT TO WIN. Give us a fracking break Turbine - you gotta get this farming ticket policy right.......and in this case I guarantee you are dead wrong and owe two loyal customers an apology....geez I figured you guys would at least take a look at combat logs with your new 'ring of farming detection' (or is it a spell?).

Does this discourage me from 1v1'ing? NOT A CHANCE...

Good Hunting,

Ell
    Yeah.. it was fun stuff.. however I don't really care about them apologizing or trying to clean up spilled milk. My only hope is that they used this situation to rethink their policies when it comes to enforcing no farming. I'll be back to playing and 1v1ing soon enough, and I would like to think this little screw up was nothing more then random chance/honest mistake and will not be replicated in the future.

I know I'm far from a Veteran, but I would be interested in checking out Grim Reapers. I play Captain, Rune Keeper and maybe Hunter (Depending on the update =P) Either way, Lemme know how it goes Ello.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanelthan View Post
    I know I'm far from a Veteran, but I would be interested in checking out Grim Reapers. I play Captain, Rune Keeper and maybe Hunter (Depending on the update =P) Either way, Lemme know how it goes Ello.
    Heya - just hit me up when I am online - pick a toon, beat a toon (as many tries as you like or need - sparring is fun for me no matter who wins) ;-)

Your choices are Slye, Ellou, Ellouhollia, and Borialys (Slye is undergeared btw heheh)

Good Hunting,

Ell

Its a trap, if you beat Ell 1v1 she gets the GM she's boning to delete your toon.

Also, action will pick up after HD comes out.

I miss you too Jess :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy82 View Post
    Its a trap, if you beat Ell 1v1 she gets the GM she's boning to delete your toon.

Also, action will pick up after HD comes out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast