We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lugz/TA/TR Backdoor

Make them usable only while out of combat.

That is all.
    Lockjawz - R13 Warg - Brandywine

What good is an escape hatch if you can't use it in combat? No thanks.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    The 'escape hatch' idea is exactly the problem. It sounded like a good idea at first, until you watch someone repeatedly zone back and forth between the doors.

On my server (Brandywine), when Lugz is blue (which it usually is because of auto-flips) freeps do nothing but stand at the back door of Lugz all day.

The second one of them starts to take any kind of damage - Poof! - they zone up to the quest room. Doesn't matter if they were stunned, CJ'ed, or knocked down - they can still zone through with no problem. It's better than having DF - which was removed due to people using it in the same way the backdoors are being used.

It's a terrible mechanic that doesn't belong in PvP.
    Lockjawz - R13 Warg - Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by stoney530 View Post
    Doesn't matter if they were stunned, CJ'ed, or knocked down - they can still zone through with no problem
    Sounds like the simplest solution is to not allow the usage under any form of CC.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

The backdoor isn't horrible, you can set up some nice farms for the less educated when you station part of your raid on either side. ah, but ya I understand your point people will stand there and inch out slightly. Lame game play but that's partially on you.... You know the deal, you zerg up and run through the keep over and over. On Brandy I cant imagine it would be to much of a hassle having someone zerg through the keep while you all wait patiently at the back door for them to pop. The auto flips need to be addressed first.

the only people who are really for the back doors to towers are the freep players who hop in and out of the towers fightning a bunch of creeps keeping a mini hidden inside so they dont die... I AGREE (MAKE IT UNUSABLE IN COMBAT!!!!) as a freep I think its cowardly, as a creep I find it childish and cheap... FREEPS ARE OVERPOWERED ON HEALING, AND DPS AS IS!!!!... Quit making this 1 sided (Even when we are out gunned we get no buff's to help counter, and on top of that I have seen a (Solo)Rank13 RK out heal12 Creep DPSer's who were rank 8-10... that shouldn't happen even my reaver who has all 4 bleeds + impale and devastating strike couldn't keep him from fully healing even with 3 devastating strikes debuffs on him...

Quote Originally Posted by Dethforge View Post
    the only people who are really for the back doors to towers are the freep players who hop in and out of the towers fightning a bunch of creeps keeping a mini hidden inside so they dont die... I AGREE (MAKE IT UNUSABLE IN COMBAT!!!!) as a freep I think its cowardly, as a creep I find it childish and cheap...

Because creeps would never ever do the same thing. /sarcasm

Anywho, I agree with the person who said they should not allow you to use it while CC'd.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Not signed. The door is sometimes the only means to put up even a token amount of defense. There are very few safe spots, and even then the back door is not a guaranteed haven, as there could be opposition set up on both sides. Either split your forces to deal with it, or cap the keep instead of trying to farm. Problem solved.

re place and re design keeps entirely.

Just put a debuff timer on the doors if you go down so you can't go up for , say, 15 seconds if you own the keep. If you don't own the keep when you go down you simply can't go back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    You don't even pvp.. I hate how you get all these idiots commenting on ideas that no nothing on how they change game play.

I agree they shouldn't be used in combat. Makes keep fights annoying and boring.

Definitely /not signed.

If creeps couldn't use TR back door to get safe, and thus sustain the fight, it would be a Grams camp every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
    Definitely /not signed.

If creeps couldn't use TR back door to get safe, and thus sustain the fight, it would be a Grams camp every night.
    Indeed.

Honestly, I'm happy to report it's not too much of an issue on S.lode. We have many suicidal creeps that luv the opportunity to push through lugs and cram themselves up the freepy butts.

I'm ok with the backdoors. I'd be ok too if you had to be out-of-combat to use them.

As a warg it's just one more thing that removes my protective coating leaving me feeling all nekkid and vulnerable for a fraction of a minute.
    Purely~Scrumptious

No, this would just make it better for those who have greater numbers. Would be better off removing the hatches altogether and going back to the old style (compared to having the hatches out of combat only)
    Last edited by trollhardorgohome; Sep 14 2013 at 09:25 AM.

Give them a 5 minute CD.
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<

Quote Originally Posted by Aldeld View Post
    Not signed. The door is sometimes the only means to put up even a token amount of defense. There are very few safe spots, and even then the back door is not a guaranteed haven, as there could be opposition set up on both sides. Either split your forces to deal with it, or cap the keep instead of trying to farm. Problem solved.
    This .

current implementation is stupid, they either need to be made OOC.. be given an induction or have a cooldown between uses.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

I'm indifferent. We've been just dropping a group down the bottom and a group up the top, AOE around the door and they'll eventually die. I wouldn't mind them being in-combat but not usable while CC'd. That being said, I could have a long rant about CC. I doubt anyone would make it through an induction unless it were on the shorter end. A CD would be nice?
    Hellnakh | Edhellreth

Quote Originally Posted by Aldeld View Post
    If you're only putting up a token defense, you probably don't deserve to hold the keep from attackers. That an outgunned group can continue to troll their opposition indefinitely if the opposition doesn't have overwhelming numbers (enough to be on both sides of the door) and prevent a keep flip simply by jumping in and out of the door is bad design. Let it be usable without cooldown out of combat, and in combat put a 5 minute cooldown on door use. If you want to defend, Defend. If you want to escape the zerg, do it.

Just as important as this, let the tyrant/cg and chieftain/first marshals roam from their room all the way to the quest/back door room in Lugz/TR. No more zerging straight past them to the safety of the quest room to clean up adds or opposition before moving back to deal with the keep take. If you want to camp the back door, or zerg to the top, you have to deal with the tyrant/cg and all.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Just as important as this, let the tyrant/cg and chieftain/first marshals roam from their room all the way to the quest/back door room in Lugz/TR. No more zerging straight past them to the safety of the quest room to clean up adds or opposition before moving back to deal with the keep take. If you want to camp the back door, or zerg to the top, you have to deal with the tyrant/cg and all.
    This + no resetting of lower/gate npcs by running up to the flagroom, if you aggro mobs in a keep they should glue to you for as long as you remain in that keep. Or until you keelz 'em ded, obviously.

To stay on topic: Backdoors are like most other things in life a double-edged sword. I've had a lot of fun at the backdoors and they caused a lot of grief. At the end of the day, I don't really have any issue with 'em, and if it all comes down to that I'd rather have 'em than not. I wouldn't miss 'em much were they to exit the moors either. For as long as they stay though, I'd very much like to see the oppositions ability to exit a keep by using the enemies backdoor removed. Apart from defying all reason, it just plain ol' blows to be perfectly honest.
    Last edited by poxnoxious; Sep 15 2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Because I can!
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

there is a simple thing to solve the BD problem: Add a CD on user...

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    That an outgunned group can continue to troll their opposition indefinitely if the opposition doesn't have overwhelming numbers (enough to be on both sides of the door) and prevent a keep flip simply by jumping in and out of the door is bad design.
    Except that those same people would likely just log out without some form of protection. Personally, I like the doors because it gives me a way to not get farmed when all the flippers show up en masse. Not sure why anyone is complaining about a mechanism that keeps people playing as opposed to just logging off resulting in nothing happening in the moors for anyone. Of course this is a small population server argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    Except that those same people would likely just log out without some form of protection. Personally, I like the doors because it gives me a way to not get farmed when all the flippers show up en masse. Not sure why anyone is complaining about a mechanism that keeps people playing as opposed to just logging off resulting in nothing happening in the moors for anyone. Of course this is a small population server argument.
    All valid points, and definitely a bigger cincern on small servers, but I'd rather be involved in an actual fight even if it means the fair weather freeps/creeps log and then log myself because the action dies that putter around with mechanics like this and have next to nothing happen anyway. Then again I've been much more successful in avoiding keeps entirely on E compared to nim.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]