We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Lugz/TA/TR Backdoor

Make them usable only while out of combat.

That is all.
    Lockjawz - R13 Warg - Brandywine

What good is an escape hatch if you can't use it in combat? No thanks.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    The 'escape hatch' idea is exactly the problem. It sounded like a good idea at first, until you watch someone repeatedly zone back and forth between the doors.

On my server (Brandywine), when Lugz is blue (which it usually is because of auto-flips) freeps do nothing but stand at the back door of Lugz all day.

The second one of them starts to take any kind of damage - Poof! - they zone up to the quest room. Doesn't matter if they were stunned, CJ'ed, or knocked down - they can still zone through with no problem. It's better than having DF - which was removed due to people using it in the same way the backdoors are being used.

It's a terrible mechanic that doesn't belong in PvP.
    Lockjawz - R13 Warg - Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by stoney530 View Post
    Doesn't matter if they were stunned, CJ'ed, or knocked down - they can still zone through with no problem
    Sounds like the simplest solution is to not allow the usage under any form of CC.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

The backdoor isn't horrible, you can set up some nice farms for the less educated when you station part of your raid on either side. ah, but ya I understand your point people will stand there and inch out slightly. Lame game play but that's partially on you.... You know the deal, you zerg up and run through the keep over and over. On Brandy I cant imagine it would be to much of a hassle having someone zerg through the keep while you all wait patiently at the back door for them to pop. The auto flips need to be addressed first.

the only people who are really for the back doors to towers are the freep players who hop in and out of the towers fightning a bunch of creeps keeping a mini hidden inside so they dont die... I AGREE (MAKE IT UNUSABLE IN COMBAT!!!!) as a freep I think its cowardly, as a creep I find it childish and cheap... FREEPS ARE OVERPOWERED ON HEALING, AND DPS AS IS!!!!... Quit making this 1 sided (Even when we are out gunned we get no buff's to help counter, and on top of that I have seen a (Solo)Rank13 RK out heal12 Creep DPSer's who were rank 8-10... that shouldn't happen even my reaver who has all 4 bleeds + impale and devastating strike couldn't keep him from fully healing even with 3 devastating strikes debuffs on him...

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    You don't even pvp.. I hate how you get all these idiots commenting on ideas that no nothing on how they change game play.

I agree they shouldn't be used in combat. Makes keep fights annoying and boring.

Definitely /not signed.

If creeps couldn't use TR back door to get safe, and thus sustain the fight, it would be a Grams camp every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
    Definitely /not signed.

If creeps couldn't use TR back door to get safe, and thus sustain the fight, it would be a Grams camp every night.
    Indeed.

Honestly, I'm happy to report it's not too much of an issue on S.lode. We have many suicidal creeps that luv the opportunity to push through lugs and cram themselves up the freepy butts.

I'm ok with the backdoors. I'd be ok too if you had to be out-of-combat to use them.

As a warg it's just one more thing that removes my protective coating leaving me feeling all nekkid and vulnerable for a fraction of a minute.
    Purely~Scrumptious

No, this would just make it better for those who have greater numbers. Would be better off removing the hatches altogether and going back to the old style (compared to having the hatches out of combat only)
    Last edited by trollhardorgohome; Sep 14 2013 at 09:25 AM.