We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Do you think Timezones should be added to the servers like PST, EST, etc?

I know some servers have had themselves unofficially dubbed names like Elendilmir is the unofficial Oceanic server, etc.

Do you guys think though that if Turbine labeled servers with Timezones on them, that it could conceivably and technically help pvp, directly and indirectly?

Let me know your thoughts on the matter. I'd think it be a good idea. I think SWTOR did a good job doing that, but just implemented it poorly with too many servers in general. I also noticed a few other MMOs like Warhammer and GW2 I believe did that, too. I'm just curious as to why Turbine never took the time to do that.
    [url]http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/[/url]

Yes, it would absolutely help making easier decisions for new players, and prevent situations where Europeans have to play on an American server because of a bad decision (and vice versa). You mentioned SWTOR and too many servers - I think that is the case with Lotro as well. I don't see the point of around 28 servers with 80% of them having small weak populations, on the contrary, i think the number is absolutely bizzare. The question about the benefit of merging some low population servers arises again.
    Vilya: Healadder (defiler, R10), Kommisar (stalker, R7).
    Snowbourn: Superserial (warleader, R8), Steelstack (reaver, R6).
    Brandywine: Manvet (champion, R10 - Retired); Stargash-1 (reaver, R12)

Quote Originally Posted by Manvett View Post
    Yes, it would absolutely help making easier decisions for new players, and prevent situations where Europeans have to play on an American server because of a bad decision (and vice versa). You mentioned SWTOR and too many servers - I think that is the case with Lotro as well. I don't see the point of around 28 servers with 80% of them having small weak populations, on the contrary, i think the number is absolutely bizzare. The question about the benefit of merging some low population servers arises again.
    Haha, difference with SWTOR is there was like about 100 servers at one point in time . But yeah, maybe there should be some server merges now.
    [url]http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/[/url]

Server Time Zones

As an Arizona, USA player on an Oceanic server: YES Please indicate somewhere what servers are in which time zones!!!! I have a couple of characters in kinships (2 out of 5), but regularly I find few people actually playing at the same time I am playing... and I play most of the day & night! Add to that the fact that not everyone is compatible with every kinship, and you have a situation where randomness and Murphy's Law combine to make a bad silly situation with kinships.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002aaa5c/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]