We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3

    Exclamation 'There was a problem starting SelfPatch.dll. The specified module cannot be found'

    'There was a problem starting SelfPatch.dll. The specified module cannot be found'

    I have read other (older) threads on this and NO ONE seems to have solved/fixed it yet, unless I missed something.
    I decided to start a fresh thread since the other threads were from last year.

    I am running on an Inspiron N4110, Windows 8 Pro, and I have NEVER had trouble running or launching LOTRO on this laptop until today.

    I launch my client and it does not proceed past the 'check files' iteration before popping the error stated above.
    I have tried past suggestions of copying and pasting ALL the file from the backup folder into my main Lotro program files folder. At first it seems to work, and then, the launcher downloads a new update of itself, refreshes the SelfPatch.dll file, and the same loop starts again...
    I was following the Turbine support center advice listed here: http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...fset=17+16+7+6
    It doesn't work.

    I submitted two tickets, so hopefully a Turbine Techie will finally address this.

    I suspect its just another bad patch?

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,671
    Hi, Faeledhuil.

    A couple of things you can try:

    Go to your Lord of the Rings directory and run "TurbineRegisterGDF.exe".

    Set Compatibility Mode to Windows 7.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

    Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3

    Now fixed...

    Well I followed these instructions sent by the Turbine techs:

    Go to C./program files/lord of the rings online

    delete the "patch" and "bindat" files

    Copy "backup" files (all of them) into the main Lotro programs file.

    Re-run the launcher (it patched a while)

    This seems to have completely fixed the problem with the error message, so something must have occurred the first time around to mess up one of the patch files. Deleting the patch folders and running off the backup worked. Originally I had tried copying the backup files, but WITHOUT deleting the patch and bindat folders first. Important step there!

    Thanks, Turbine!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload