We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Riding skill not working

Hi everybody,

I´m pretty new to this game, and I have just earned enough Turbine Points to buy a Riding Skill from the cash shop store. So I bought one Riding Skill and I have absolutely no idea how to equip it. The descriptions in the Store says that it should automatically be equipped, but after waiting forever and re logging it just don´t let me use the horse I got from the Treasure Hunter event recently. I have no riding traits available at the Bard´s, and no Riding Skill icon showing up in the passive or mount skill window.

Neither did I find any threads or informations in the wikis or whatever place they might be and other people in the forums just said: "buy the trait at the store" (which I already did), so can some of you tell me how to use and equip the Riding skill?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

While you can buy the riding skill at level 5, I believe you have to be level 8 to be able to ride a bought/earned mount.
    The riding skill is per character, so just to rule this out, if you have two characters and you bought the riding skill on char A, then char B won't have it as well. Every character will have to buy the riding skill (unless you're VIP, then you can do a quest to get the riding skill)
    The mount you earned from the treasure event will be in your 'mount'-list, there are several ways to open this list, one is to go to your character panel, click 'skills' and then click on the mount tab. Place your mount in a quickslot, then click it and you should be getting on horse then, IF you have the riding skill, and are level 8.

Quote Originally Posted by FroukjeMarije View Post
    While you can buy the riding skill at level 5, I believe you have to be level 8 to be able to ride a bought/earned mount.
    No need to be level 8. What you do need is the 'Novice' characteristic which you should get after finishing the introduction area.

I am level 16 and have already done all the quests available in the intro areas and in the southern areas of Ered Luin -my starting map-, so I don´t think that´s the issue. I guess I should send a ticket to the GMs as I used up my points on that Riding Skill and got nothing back. Thanks for the tips anyway