We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stuck at "Check Products 44%"

I recently decided to give LOTRO another whirl and updated my (long outdated) client to the most recent version. While there were a few hiccups along the way, this ultimately completed and the launcher started and began the normal sequence. However, the first time I did this, the launcher failed during the "Check Products" portion and then exited. Upon restarting the launcher, the game now always stops at 44% during the "Check Products" portion. Thinking this might be some sort of bad installation, I downloaded and installed the client from scratch. However, I still have the same problem - failure and exit upon the first run and then stop at 44% at all subsequent runs. I have let it run for over an hour and nothing happens. My LOTRO installation is not in the default location. I also deleted my previous profile data to ensure there were no lingering configuration incompatibilities.

My launcher log is below:

2013.09.08 21:38:26[W] Object::connect: No such signal QCheckBox::returnPressed()
    2013.09.08 21:38:26[W] Object::connect: (sender name: 'checkEnterLastPlayed')
    2013.09.08 21:38:26[W] Object::connect: (receiver name: 'loginButton')
    2013.09.08 21:38:26[W]
    2013.09.08 21:38:26[W] Config::GetValue - Hash does not contain key: "url.newaccount" . Returning null string.

2013.09.08 21:38:26[W] Config::GetValue - Hash does not contain key: "url.forgotpassword" . Returning null string.

2013.09.08 21:38:26[W] Config::GetValue - Hash does not contain key: "url.newaccount" . Returning null string.

2013.09.08 21:38:26[W] Config::GetValue - Hash does not contain key: "url.forgotpassword" . Returning null string.

I would like to give the game another try, but unfortunately this has stopped me cold in my tracks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Darkwatch, welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwatch View Post
    My LOTRO installation is not in the default location.
    This may be your issue. It's been seen before that installing the game in certain locations can cause issues.

Could you please post where exactly you have installed the game client?
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

My LOTRO client is installed in E:\Games\LOTRO

If it matters, I'm running Windows 7 which is installed on C:\

What is the normal installation path? I can copy the files there or create a soft link to see if that will work. Thanks for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwatch View Post
    I recently decided to give LOTRO another whirl and updated my (long outdated) client to the most recent version. While there were a few hiccups along the way, this ultimately completed and the launcher started and began the normal sequence. However, the first time I did this, the launcher failed during the "Check Products" portion and then exited. Upon restarting the launcher, the game now always stops at 44% during the "Check Products" portion. Thinking this might be some sort of bad installation, I downloaded and installed the client from scratch. However, I still have the same problem - failure and exit upon the first run and then stop at 44% at all subsequent runs. I have let it run for over an hour and nothing happens. My LOTRO installation is not in the default location. I also deleted my previous profile data to ensure there were no lingering configuration incompatibilities.

My launcher log is below:

2013.09.08 21:38:26[W] Object::connect: No such signal QCheckBox::returnPressed()
    2013.09.08 21:38:26[W] Object::connect: (sender name: 'checkEnterLastPlayed')
    2013.09.08 21:38:26[W] Object::connect: (receiver name: 'loginButton')

I would like to give the game another try, but unfortunately this has stopped me cold in my tracks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. I, actually got the same problem after re-downloading my client with official https://www.lotro.com/en/game/download and, maybe this is the way to solve it for win7 ( have no idea if it works on other sys. versions ) players :
    try to right-click launcher icon on your desktop and see what is in optinos > compatibility > Run this program in compatibility for: . Then just try changing it to win XP ( if you got win 7 there ), or, instead, if you got XP there - try changing it to the newest version of your system. Hope, it will help with stucking.

Thank you.