We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can You Solo Skirmishes?

I am a ways from being able to do this, but are skirmishes soloable, or are they like raids, where you need a bunch of other players?

Thanks for any and all help.

Skirmishes are scalable in both size and level, so you can run a skirmish in a Solo, Duo, Small Fellowship (3), Fellowship (6), or Raid (12 for all with the exception of Thorog, which I believe is still 24) configuration, from level 20 to 85.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Thorog, which I believe is still 24) configuration, from level 20 to 85.
    Thorog is not a skrimish. It is a classic instance. Classic instances do not scale in size. Only in level or tier, if they scale at all.

The only skirmish that does not have a solo or duo size is "Survival Barrow Downs", the smallest it can be set to is small fellowship.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Thorog is not a skrimish. It is a classic instance. Classic instances do not scale in size. Only in level or tier, if they scale at all.
    Sorry, I was counting it as a skirmish since it has the same loot system as skirmishes as opposed to the other scaled instances like GB. You are right though, that one only scales in level, not size.

How do you find the skirmish? Is it at a set location or ??

Thanks again for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMichaelPrescott View Post
    How do you find the skirmish?
    Shift + F and then just choose what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMichaelPrescott View Post
    How do you find the skirmish? Is it at a set location or ??

Thanks again for any help.
    Skirmishes are unlocked once you reach level 20, for some Moria and Mirkwood Skirmishes you need to play the epic quest line. You can find them through the instance finder (shift+f or ctrl+j). There is a tutorial for it.

Yes. You can choose to solo, duo, 3 man, 6 man or 12 man a skirmish. You just have to set the number of members on the instance finder panel. You can also change the tier dificulty & level of the skirmish. If your character is specially good you can even solo a T2, T3, duo, 3 man or higher level dificulty.
    Also Thorog is a claasic instance not skirmish but can be scaled in size. A lot classic instances are scalable, what set appart skirmish from classic instances is:
    • Skirmish have random kind of mobs but clasic instances have every single monster preset.
    • Skirmishes have Leutenants classic instances dont.
    • Skirmish wearable gear drops are bound to character on adquire Classic instance have both bound & not bound wearable gear drops.
    • If you fail a skirmish challenge you get automatically booted off the encounter you dont get booted if is a classics instance.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Sep 09 2013 at 09:53 AM.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

It is possible to launch Duo Skirmish even if you don't have two players. On Tier 1 it is not too difficult to complete it while playing solo.

It is also possible to lower the level of instance. This weekend I did all Fornost instances solo. I was level 65 and I set instance to level 40. I did all of them except the last one. Looks that it is not possible to do the last one solo.

Quote Originally Posted by evguenil View Post
    Looks that it is not possible to do the last one solo.
    I can't think of why, though I can only remember the last boss. You wouldn't be able to meet the challenge conditions on the last boss while solo, but you can't do challenge below 85 anyway.

I can't think of why, though I can only remember the last boss. You wouldn't be able to meet the challenge conditions on the last boss while solo, but you can't do challenge below 85 anyway.
    The problem is that it's hard to activate the fires (has a longish induction) when the boss is hitting you constantly. Not impossible, but requires quite a bit of luck to not be hit for the three inductions before the first fire goes out again.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    The problem is that it's hard to activate the fires (has a longish induction) when the boss is hitting you constantly. Not impossible, but requires quite a bit of luck to not be hit for the three inductions before the first fire goes out again.
    That's why classes with Pets (eg Captain/Loremasters) can possibly do it, but the rest of us are out in the cold...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001da17c/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Lightbulb 4-Man Skirmishes / Instances ?

Skirmishes are scalable in both size and level, so you can run a skirmish in a Solo, Duo, Small Fellowship (3), Fellowship (6), or Raid (12 for all with the exception of Thorog, which I believe is still 24) configuration, from level 20 to 85.
    Spot on explaination.

However to expand a thought on that,
    as I and 3 friends (2 couples if you like) like to play skirmishes and instances together, we have to play 6-man at a reduced level, therefore missing out on level rewards.

I know we could invite another two players but we play for the enjoyment and feel that some players may not like to play at our leisurly pace.
    I can imagine that there are a few others out there that have been in this situation.

Would Turbine / LOTRO developers ever consider opening up the player count to accomodate a 4 player experience?

Thanks for listening.

yes skirmishes are soloable. some level 85 wardens and champs can solo lvl 85 12 man skirmishes too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000129f87/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    Would Turbine / LOTRO developers ever consider opening up the player count to accomodate a 4 player experience?
    Turbine only does 1, 3, 6 and 12 - Four different skirmishes on the same map. What is called duo is a 3-person Skirmish that has the opponents stats reduced so that you can do the 3 person skirmish with 2 players.

Duo was added later as a response to customer requests from the large number of couples that game together.

There never been much interest from the player base for 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 size models. If Lotro is like other games the utilization goes downward as the size goes up. Solo and Duo skirmishes will be the most used.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    ...Would Turbine / LOTRO developers ever consider opening up the player count to accomodate a 4 player experience?...
    A group of 4 players can open a 6 man skirmish & get around without beeing a huge challenge. 4/6 players will be similar in dificulty as if where a 4 man skirmish Tier 2 or slighly overlevel.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by obi-wan-kenobi View Post
    yes skirmishes are soloable. some level 85 wardens and champs can solo lvl 85 12 man skirmishes too.
    And with HD nerf, Guards do them very easily too at 95
    Necro skraid is even soloable in T2 now

Soloing skirmishes is a f2p bread and butter seems like to me.