We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Spur on

Spur on

When is the warsteed's skill "Spur On" going to be fixed? I submitted a bug report on it the first day and heard/saw nothing about it. I had others test the skill as well.. it's {{BROKEN))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Novacabe View Post
    When is the warsteed's skill "Spur On" going to be fixed? I submitted a bug report on it the first day and heard/saw nothing about it. I had others test the skill as well.. it's {{BROKEN))!!!
    It is broken. If this is Turbine's halfhearted attempt to have a skill working as intended, they really need to look up the definition as well as methodology of quality assurance and stress testing.

Not having "spur on", working as intended, has pretty much spoiled the game for me. Four of my characters are level 85, one is level 80, and mounted combat was my favorite type of combat. I was hoping to read something about a fix. These days, I log in, dink around a bit, and log out. I think it's time for a little lotro break.

Ahhhh thank the gods! I thought it might just be me whose spurring on just to charge into the sunset and pleading with my horse to turn slow and even stop!
    ok reported and crossing everything this is fixed really soon its put a big dampner on mounted combat

No Spur On = No Mounted Combat

I have 2 lvl 85's and am working on getting my minstrel there for Helm's Deep, but I'm not going to be playing any alt that has a warsteed until this is fixed. I just got the warsteed for my minstrel and her first try at using it she was on a runaway horse right through aggro I would have avoided had I known that Spur On was "broken". How about some idea of when a fix for this will be forthcoming ? It's too important a warsteed skill to ignore fixing it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a3fe6/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Seems to me that mounted combat is almost unplayable with "Spur on" broken. Has anyone from Turbine actually commented or replied about this? This issue has certainly spoiled my experience of Lotro, as I imagine it has for many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Karynna View Post
    Seems to me that mounted combat is almost unplayable with "Spur on" broken. Has anyone from Turbine actually commented or replied about this? This issue has certainly spoiled my experience of Lotro, as I imagine it has for many others.
    I echo your sentiments exactly. I just got in game on my level 80 after being out of town and was sure spur on must be fixed by now. I actually used the spell, expecting success but ended up on a runaway mount AGAIN. Aaaaarghhhh!

wow ...seriously? you are giving up mounted combat because off one skill ? One skill that ..its totally unnecesary?

I found mounted combat to be increible easy to play...and im a melee class, cant imagine how easy must be for ranged classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Norhog View Post
    wow ...seriously? you are giving up mounted combat because off one skill ? One skill that ..its totally unnecesary?

I found mounted combat to be increible easy to play...and im a melee class, cant imagine how easy must be for ranged classes.
    Do tell? I am having difficulty with mounted combat on my guardian. It's okay if she just stands still on her warsteed to fight and her target doesn't move. Or I can have her run in a circle and hope her hits connect. With my captain, I am more successful, by far, but would appreciate any tips you can give.

My other 85s are ranged but I haven't played them for quite awhile and didn't always use spur on with them anyway. Playing them would probably be tolerable w/o spur on.

And to answer your first question, yes, I would give up mounted combat for one skill because I am not getting what I paid for and have had no feedback from turbine about it. I am thinking it might be fixed on Monday during the down time but turbine must think like you: spur on is not that important and shouldn't be missed. Well, it's missed by me.

I wanted to follow up here and thank Turbine for repairing spur on. It's great to have it back but to me it doesn't seem as "tight" as it was before. I mean I'm running kind of wide when using it. Maybe it's just me and I forgot what it was like before. Anyway, MC is much better than it was without spur on. Thanks again Turbine.

Just to toss this in here...

I play four characters at lvl 85 with warsteeds and I do not use the Spur On skill with any of them. I never trusted it so I never let myself use it and I think my choice has probably taught me more about mounted combat player as a result.

Similarly, I don't use Dash and don't slot any points in it because I think that what it costs me is more than the value it brings me.

So, lots of words made brief: Rather than ditching mounted combat in its entirety, just ditch the clinker skills and concentrate on the skills that deliver.

It was not just spur on, it was everything that involved automatic movement towards a target - on war steeds.
    Also /follow was broken and mining (with automatic movement enabled), clicking quest items.

It works now