We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Angry Stuck outside Caras Galadhon! Free player.

First of all apologies if this is in the wrong place, this new layout has me confused!

I am a Premium player, I play at no monthly subscription and prefer to keep it this way as i am sometimes on everyday and sometimes once in 2 months etc. So in advance please don't tell me to just subscribe; not even for a month.

I reached level 85 and went back to get all my Epic quests completed and up to date... They led me into Caras Galadhon and after getting impatient and lost i decided to walk off from one of the tree tops... which sadly resulted in my death by misadventure.

After retreating I went to enter Galadhon... and couldn't... I believe this is because i don't have the Lothlorien quest pack, I never needed it. I still have a quest in there and i can't reach it. I was wondering if this is a common problem? and if there were any solutions? other than buying a quest pack I've out-leveled and don't want. I really can't believe that if you exit Caras Galadhon for any reason between these quests you will no longer be able to complete them, really?

I would have submit a ticket... however lately EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to enter the Lotro store or look for help i am confronted by a blank, white screen... which doesn't change; no matter how many times i click the home button, or go to buy/unlock something to try and refresh it. Nothing wrong with my connection to my knowledge, everything works pretty smoothly, except the store.

So I'm lost with what to do... and fairly annoyed...

Quote Originally Posted by RachelSophia View Post

I reached level 85 and went back to get all my Epic quests completed and up to date... They led me into Caras Galadhon and after getting impatient and lost i decided to walk off from one of the tree tops... which sadly resulted in my death by misadventure.
    There are certain ways to get in without the purchase of the quest pack. One is the auto-teleport you get by doing the epic.

The other is the ROPE near the front gate that works for any player who has COMPLETED the great-river epic.

You can also try a cappy summon at the appropriate rep-level.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

There are a few things to know about Lothlorien.

1. Some time ago, you had to be known with the elves of Lothlorien in order to get even near Caras Galadhon. If you tried to go near before reaching that level, you were shot at. That restriction was removed some time ago, so people without the quest pack could get to the Great River and Rohan.

That said
    2. You need to be a friend level with the Elves of Lothlorien in order to enter Caras Galadhon through the gates.
    There is a NPC at the gate who will give you the according quest.
    However, I do not know if he only activates once you are known to the Elves. And he most likely is not active for people who don't own the quest pack.

3. Getting summoned as guardian or have a captain summon you as any class only works once you completed that reputation quest.

4. To play the epic quest line without the Lothlorien quest pack, a rope was added outside Caras Galadhon, you can use it to reach Galadhriel.

5. the Lothlorien guild recipes also require Lothlorien reputation. Other than all the other guild recipes you can get these recipes only in Lothlorien at the Vineyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    There are a few things to know about Lothlorien.
    4. To play the epic quest line without the Lothlorien quest pack, a rope was added outside Caras Galadhon, you can use it to reach Galadhriel.
    The rope originally required a certain part of the epic. I don't think that requirement was removed with the addition of Rohan. You cannot just use it to jump into the middle of the story. Look at it as a reason to do the whole story =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

If you died while working on the quest that ported you in to Lothlorien, simply cancel the quest and redo it. It'll port you back in.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    The rope originally required a certain part of the epic. I don't think that requirement was removed with the addition of Rohan. You cannot just use it to jump into the middle of the story. Look at it as a reason to do the whole story =)
    The requirement is still there. To use the rope you have to do Volume 3, Books 4, 5 and 6. You start 4 in Lhunach(sp) the main settlement in Enedwaith.

I won't say anything against that
    But since he IS playing the epic quest line, I assumed that the rope should be there for him. I didn't think of the possibility that he didn't finish an earlier part of the epic quest line.

At the left of the gate you'll see a rope just right-click on that and you'll enter Caras-Galadhron city.

There are certain ways to get in without the purchase of the quest pack. One is the auto-teleport you get by doing the epic.
    The other is the ROPE near the front gate that works for any player who has COMPLETED the great-river epic.
    exactly, i had that kind of problem with my alts
    so you have to do GR epics to be able to use that rope since that rope is used to continue the epics for new expansion RoR
    the other way is to have the loth quest pack and just build up rep to friend whicn enables that NPC in front of main gate that gives you access to calas galadhorn
    -i have never tried that "dieing" technique mentioned before, i doubt ill use it ever since that second option gives me some TPs and rep with a faction which i wont be getting back to until cap
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000006fa5a/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]