We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Give Rottenheart better rewards!!!

You have acquired [69 Marks]

LOL..... i might as well be fighting Cinder

Not just Rottenheart, but all of Wildermore's warbands in general, which seem to be dropping 'very motivational loot which really inspires you to kill them every day for the daily' (/sarcasm off). Their loot table is significantly thin in comparison to the Eastemnet warbands, and there is about the same number of warbands in both the Wildermore and the Eastemnet.

I think the rewards for the Wildermore warbands should be better, as some of them actually require a group rather than the soloable warbands of the Eastemnet.

Quote Originally Posted by masumane View Post
    You have acquired [69 Marks]

LOL..... i might as well be fighting Cinder
    Why Rottenheart specifically? They all give &&&& loot, and Rottenheart is one of the easiest.

if it is the same tree i found, i agree here. a 87 arch nemesis should at least drop a LI....

He's not one of the easiest, I haven't heard of anybody soloing him, because he will root you and nuke you dead. The best I've done is kill him with about 4 people.

Yeah the new warbands really need to give better rewards. Wildermore is the worst quest pack I've bought... Sure the graphics are nice and I liked the questline, but the Survivors faction is too damn stingy. Here are a bunch of reasons why: Firstly if you use mithril coins to reset the daily, you just screwed yourself over for a full day because youll only have 4 quests left to do, and then the next day youll only be able to do 1 and then have to wait another day. Also, when you accept a warband quest from survivors, to go kill Rottenheart or something, you do all that work, and don't even get a reward box for the warband. Reputation rewarded is the lowest it could possibly be- 500 rep per quest is TINY. We're trying to get to kindred dammit. Is this just how LOTRO is now? The direction the game is taking? Because I dont like it.

I don't need any of the Wildermore stuff. At this point I enjoy the game in other ways, playing the raids, or Fornost, etc... Why the heck even go to Wildermore if all I'm gonna get is 69 marks? Is this making sense to anyone please say yes lol

Fighting warband in the forest where your warsteeds speed is basically useless and all you can do is just "stand" there and take it isn't my idea of how mounted combat should work.

And yes ... The rewards from those new warbands are a joke (and sadly not a good one)

He's not one of the easiest, I haven't heard of anybody soloing him, because he will root you and nuke you dead. The best I've done is kill him with about 4 people.
    He's at least duoable (not experienced his rooting.. just being knocked around... and it being difficult to not keep running into trees -_-)

Also, when you accept a warband quest from survivors, to go kill Rottenheart or something, you do all that work, and don't even get a reward box for the warband.
    This bit is HIGHLY annoying. You should be able to get both.

I also think at least the raid warbands should automatically drop a token.. and it would be great if those were account bound, not character bound. I have a few on my LM that I will never use as I don't think the pocket is at all worth the grind. I'm sort of contemplating going after it on RK, but the thought of having to kill all the warbands daily plus grind the survivors rep on another toon... I'm fairly certain I'm not going to have the patience for the horrid grind.

Yeah the new warbands really need to give better rewards. Wildermore is the worst quest pack I've bought... Sure the graphics are nice and I liked the questline, but the Survivors faction is too damn stingy. Here are a bunch of reasons why: Firstly if you use mithril coins to reset the daily, you just screwed yourself over for a full day because youll only have 4 quests left to do, and then the next day youll only be able to do 1 and then have to wait another day. Also, when you accept a warband quest from survivors, to go kill Rottenheart or something, you do all that work, and don't even get a reward box for the warband. Reputation rewarded is the lowest it could possibly be- 500 rep per quest is TINY. We're trying to get to kindred dammit. Is this just how LOTRO is now? The direction the game is taking? Because I dont like it.

I don't need any of the Wildermore stuff. At this point I enjoy the game in other ways, playing the raids, or Fornost, etc... Why the heck even go to Wildermore if all I'm gonna get is 69 marks? Is this making sense to anyone please say yes lol
    Yes. I'm regretting dropping the TP on it.

I did solo Rottenheart with my cappy. We all know that cappies are powerful on warsteed. I haven't tried with any other classes.

Totally agree the marks only rewards needs to be changed.

I've soloed him many times and quite easily on LM and Captain, didn't even drop below half morale on LM. The root on warsteed only slows you down a bit, but not enough for him to catch you. And his ranged attacks are few and far between, you can easily heal over them. For a ranged WS class, he's probably the easiest raid warband because he simply can't catch you. Even the mounted fellowship warbands put up a better fight.

Heavy horse is brilliant at knocking unmounted opponents to dust, even in the forests.

Partner and I usually duo all the war bands, dismounting for some of them around the farms when we get the boss alone. (Lm & warden)

I solo him all the time although I do offer up in GLFF if someone wants a tap. You just need to make sure you don't get stuck on the geometry and spam your heals the whole time. Keep moving while killing his adds then just put your back to a mountain wall and don't get too far away from Rottenheart (He'll pull you through him) and just beat him down.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    I've soloed him many times and quite easily on LM and Captain, didn't even drop below half morale on LM. The root on warsteed only slows you down a bit, but not enough for him to catch you. And his ranged attacks are few and far between, you can easily heal over them. For a ranged WS class, he's probably the easiest raid warband because he simply can't catch you. Even the mounted fellowship warbands put up a better fight.
    Yes, it is a lot easier for ranged classes than Shaguk for example.
    A sample with my hunter : Rottenheart solo hunter

agree, the rewards in wildermore are bad... the only reason i keep coming to forlaw because i have everything pretty close to each other... other than that i don't do anything there anymore...

I spent about 20 minutes riding in circles and getting dizzy on one of the 6 mans today... (200k+, two 50k+ adds, about 6 11k+ adds). 69 marks was the final tally. Shouldn't he at least have dropped a warband token? I need 30 of them for 1 piece of jewelery and the daily CDs aren't even guaranteed to drop one? I got 1 token clearing every Wildermore warband yesterday. So far, none today. Not sure if intended, but it seems a bit rough in terms of reward versus time/effort). Given my average for the last 8 days, it will take me about 45 days to get that one piece of jewelry. (assuming I hit every warband every day).

Ahhh the joys of the random number generator lol.

TBH I have killed more than my share of wildermore warbands (mainly on cappy solo) and only gotten 2 of the teal orc head cosmetics from wildermore across all 6 of my 85's that have spent sometime in Wildermore so yeah they could increase some drop rates and add some goodies there. Not like it is going to cost Turbine much...those are virtual rewards lol.