We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hytbold 4 and 2?

I was told using 6 watcher hytbold pieces was wrong for healing...but the skald and protector 2 bonus both gives DPS, which is useless for healing. Or am i wrong?
    Truth and Justice

4 pieces of the hytbold watcher gives 10% healing and 2 pieces of the erebor watcher gives 5% crit chance on heals.

Is this what you want to know ?

The 2 piece erebor set you need to exchange at skirmish camp for seals.

When you run with life singer and silver tongue, the 5% crit does make a lot of difference considering all the heals/hot's that can potentially crit on the group. It's certainly not the only way to be effective and there is other combinations albeit this is what i run most content with
    Last edited by Lazlo10; Sep 08 2013 at 07:18 PM.

I think sub-optimal would be better than wrong, ideally you want 4 of the Hybold watcher and 2 of the (greater) Erebor watcher. If erebor isn't an option then golds such the ItA cluster, Erebor 6 mans + raid are available as well as the helm/shoulders which are gold and crafted (and on the AH). There may also be useful set bonuses of the Ettenmoors armour (although I haven't looked in a while and can't remember what they are). Only then are you onto a full 6 pieces of Hytbold.
    “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Should have said i was only talking about hytbold armor, not Erebor ^^
    Truth and Justice

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunStalker View Post
    Should have said i was only talking about hytbold armor, not Erebor ^^
    The point being made by the other posters is that you get absolutely no additional bonus for wearing more than 4 pieces of any given Hytbold set. They were then offering up the best option for the other 2 pieces. You can go 2 protector if you wish - what you also want to pay attention to is that the different pieces give different stat buffs as well. I don't have access to the game at the moment, but pay attention to the vit, will...etc. you get on each piece of the different Hytbold sets and you could base your decision from that.

I use 4 Watcher, 2 Skald. As others have said, more than four pieces from one line is pointless, get a 2-set bonus from another line (or gold items if you can manage to farm or buy them). The Skald 2-set bonus is not useless for a healer; reducing the cooldown on our interrupt from 30s to 25s isn't much, but it's better than nothing. Always good to have an interrupt available, especially now that they've nerfed Clobber and Addle to 10s cooldown so you can't guarantee that a champ or burg will have it up in an induction-heavy fight.

Note that this setup is also very good for a solo/dps role. I don't find the Skald 4-set bonus very good (+10% to two skills, /whippitydo!), the +healing from the watcher set applies just as much to self-heals, and the watcher set gives somewhat more morale than the skald/protector sets for whatever reason. My setup is rather lacking in finesse, but for soloing that really doesn't matter much.

If you play other classes, mixing and matching armor sets gets a lot more interesting than with minstrels. My champ has eleven pieces of Hytbold armor so he can switch between a 2/2/2 mix for general purpose (mostly soloing) use, 4 Berserker/2 Storm for pure dps, 4 Champion/2 Storm for tanking (or in some cases 4 Champ/2 Berserker for boss-only tanking). I believe captain sets are similarly interesting (heal/dps, tank/dps, tank/heal build mixes) though I don't see enough groups on my server to justify bringing my captain back to cap.

I prefer 4 Hytbold Watcher, the crafted chest with +% crit multiplier, and the hat which drops from the Erebor cluster which gives your heals an extra chance to proc more heals on the groups. I don't see many Minstrels using the crafted chest armor, but I much prefer the crit multiplier to the extra crit, since I'm already critting on ever 3 heals as it is and since I like my proc heal hat (you can buy the teal version on the AH).

Probably not the best build around, but it works for all the content out there.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola