We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Minstrel Stances???

Hi, I'm a new Minstrel and I'm confused on the different stances. Like, what are they? What are they used for? Most powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by calebrockon View Post
    Hi, I'm a new Minstrel and I'm confused on the different stances. Like, what are they? What are they used for? Most powerful?

No stance at all (or Melody stance, as some say) is for healing. You use this stance for group content where you need healing potential. Generally speaking most 6-man and raids will be healed in no stance by a Minstrel. It can never be a wrong choice, so if unsure never put on a stance if you are the healer. There are a few exceptions where people use Harmony, but than they player usually knows what he's doing.

Warspeech is for dps. The stance you will use 99% while soloing, levelling and questing. Great burst damage and Coda becomes a big single target nuke. Your offensive skills can be used freely. But you can't heal others, many heal skills will also be locked. You will probably only drop Warspeech solo for big heals when running away from trouble.

Harmony is the middle thing. Sightly situational to use. Few offensive skills will still be locked, but you can heal others, your also get access to a new AoE that's a bit meh. Coda becomes AoE-damage as well, it also gives very powerful group heal. Useful in many instances when clearing trash. When you want to help with damage but still top up others health, 3-man and easy 6-man, for example. That's when I use Harmony myself.

Some people call Harmony "buff stance", sadly is a bit misleading. You can keep your buffing anthems up, using any stance or no stance. You don't need to be in Harmony for that, you need to use yellows traits.

The catch with Harmony is that you loose a lot of single target healing. Anthem of the Third Age changes its purpose, buff and alter-coda effect, when you use that stance. Major Ballad becomes offensive. This is the main reason you usually heal in no stance when people are taking a lot of damage.