We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: New class

Hybrid View

New class

I was thinking that their might still be room for a whole new class, My idea is that we make a non-armed class for Elves and Men. Instead of bows, swords, and the like they would use their bare hands with passive skills to do more damage and different fighting styles, like turtle -a defence based form-, monkey -a attack speed and critical hit based form-, etc. They would only use medium, light armor, they would be either crowd control (which would be to much like bugler) or DPS. Thanks for reading and lets see if this gets anywhere.

Hi, KingPlacid, and welcome to the forums.

It sounds to me that you're basically suggesting a Kung-fu/monk style class. As such that would certainly not fit in with the lore of LotR at all. I'm not sure that any bare-hand fighting class would really do so either.

You have to understand that LotRO is a very lore-driven game and anything put into the game has to comply with that lore, even if sometimes a little tenuously.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

I'd first like to say that i would love to see a new class, but at the same time that the idea of a hand-to-hand monk does not sound promising for me, or very likely to be implemented by turbine. I DO think that a way to do this would be the Beorning class, often suggested, and very well done in this thread. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...eorning/page28
    Zacharr -- 100 -- Hunter -- Firefoot. I guess that's the new character signature :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gibraisia View Post
    I'd first like to say that i would love to see a new class, but at the same time that the idea of a hand-to-hand monk does not sound promising for me, or very likely to be implemented by turbine. I DO think that a way to do this would be the Beorning class, often suggested, and very well done in this thread. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...eorning/page28
    The same problem arises as with the monk, it'd go against lore.
    Granted, that hasn't stopped them with the Runekeeper, but two wrongs do not make a right.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    The same problem arises as with the monk, it'd go against lore.
    Granted, that hasn't stopped them with the Runekeeper, but two wrongs do not make a right.
    Beornings go against the lore? How?
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Beornings go against the lore? How?
    Not so much that they don't exist (obviously they do) but the Beornings are a very small family, so it would be unrealistic for them to be played by hundreds of players.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Gibraisia View Post
    A class as described in that thread is a non-starter because Turbine no longer have the license for The Hobbit, and skin-changing etc.. isn't mentioned anywhere in LOTR. So no changing into a bear, or having animal companions, or any of that. Apart from the honey-cakes that is, those get a mention, for what it's worth.

As for this 'monk' business, here: even WoW only added a class like this by making it part of an Eastern-themed expansion. Here, it's simply incompatible with a setting that's meant to resemble Western Europe. What next, ninjas?

I seemed to have giving u all the idea that I was talking monk, probably from the whole turtle, monkey. those we bad examples, what I was going for was a brawler, using brass knuckles and that sort of stuff, but I didn't think of the lore stuff

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Hi, KingPlacid, and welcome to the forums.

It sounds to me that you're basically suggesting a Kung-fu/monk style class. As such that would certainly not fit in with the lore of LotR at all. I'm not sure that any bare-hand fighting class would really do so either.

You have to understand that LotRO is a very lore-driven game and anything put into the game has to comply with that lore, even if sometimes a little tenuously.

Gratz on not shouting that at him like so many people on the forums do. Love how you explain why it wouldn't work instead of just yelling 'It won't work you moron'. Forums need more people like you.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by KingPlacid View Post
    ... a non-armed class for Elves and Men... use their bare hands... would only use medium, light armor, they would be either crowd control (which would be to much like bugler) or DPS...
    You can always do a man burglar & never ever equip a weapon. But im not sure if you will get any dps active skill.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunStalker View Post
    Hm, yeah a new class...how about a class that uses runes? By charging them up with lighting for example. Or a medium armor tank that uses spears.
    Already have them, Rune Keeper & Warden respectively.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :