We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Question Concern about the Journeyman Riding Trait

So I purchased the Journeyman Riding Trait for my account. I opened the presents for both my characters and applied all but the first paper, (which was the basic riding skill, and I already had it on both). I currently do NOT have stop and smell the roses active on either account, in fact, I have not even slotted it because I doubt I will need it for what I do in game.
    However, I seriously can not tell that my mounts are any faster? On either of my accounts?
    I'm aware of the fact that the tool tips on all mounts are not going to change, as this is a passive skill that's applied and not individual to specific mounts, but are any other people out there that have purchased this trait noticing that their mounts do not seem to be moving any faster?
    Perhaps there's something I was supposed to do that I missed?

What speed were you normally riding at prior? the increase from +68% is quite marginal because it's speed is expressed based on relation to run-speed, not on relation to the previous riding tier. It is not +10% faster than a +68% mount.

You have to travel a very long distance to notice the speed savings.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I normally rode my Lossoth or Jester's Steed on both accounts, as they were 68%. I guess I'm not getting as big a boost as I initially thought. I just want to be sure I'm using the trait correctly. I bought it so that I could ride all my mounts with the same higher speed, as I'm a collector and like to swap them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Melisandreth View Post
    I normally rode my Lossoth or Jester's Steed on both accounts, as they were 68%. I guess I'm not getting as big a boost as I initially thought. I just want to be sure I'm using the trait correctly. I bought it so that I could ride all my mounts with the same higher speed, as I'm a collector and like to swap them up.
    As long as you're not enabling the 'smell the roses' skill, and have learned the journeyman riding trait you are traveling at the correct speed =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Alright then. Thanks for your help.

Ride one of the +38% mounts (Bree Steed or the Tame Redhorn Goat) and enable Stop and Smell the Roses, then while riding it, disable the skill. You will notice the speed increase.