We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: cappy virtues

cappy virtues

I thought I would see what the other good cappys use.

Innocence I think is a must have. Then I use empathy and idealism, not very commonly used by others, but gives me actually a pretty good amount of fate and extra armor. Last 2 are compassion and loyalty.

All my other toons have zeal, even my warden, but not on my cappy, I don't think having an extra 800 health is worth losing those mits and fate (except I do have loyalty but hey armor and vitality in the same virtue... Yeah I'll take it)

Anyway I already got the deeds up, I'm sure they're not the perfect combo but at least I got them to 15 or 16 finally.
    Can I has fixed Fornost and ITA lootboxes?

Zeal, Innocence, Honour, Tolerance, and Fidelity. I run a lot of raids and I used to PvMP a lot, so all of my virtues are geared towards tactical mitigation. A couple of them obviously also give physical mitigation, which is nice. I don't really need the fate from virtues as I get plenty from my relics, with a bit extra from gear.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Hiya

Some time ago I created a little tool to play around with different virtue setups to compare stats from them.
    Have a look at http://www.aztaroth.se/virtues.aspx.

I hope you will find it useful

/Aztaroth
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000000e6506/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    I prefer:

-Valour
    -Loyalty
    -Honour
    -Discipline
    -Justice

Maybe it's just me.

Glorgnorbor
    Happy Halloween!
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by masumane View Post

Innocence I think is a must have. Then I use empathy and idealism, not very commonly used by others, but gives me actually a pretty good amount of fate and extra armor. Last 2 are compassion and loyalty.

All my other toons have zeal, even my warden, but not on my cappy, I don't think having an extra 800 health is worth losing those mits and fate (except I do have loyalty but hey armor and vitality in the same virtue... Yeah I'll take it)

Anyway I already got the deeds up, I'm sure they're not the perfect combo but at least I got them to 15 or 16 finally.

Just wondering, is this more of a "survival" type of captain? I solo mostly, so I am looking for a good balance between survivability and DPS. Any input is good.

I am thinking about using Valour, Justice, Discipline, Tolerance, Compassion. Could I get some input on this? I am currently level 41, I solo about 98% of the time, so I need a "balanced" Captain. I chose those virtues because it seems good all around, but I am not 100% sure, seeing as the only character I have ever leveled up is a hunter before, so I am not that great with the "tanking" classes yet.

I wouldn't bother too much with virtues while levelling, the benefits you get from them are pretty minor. Use those that provide you with extra morale, fate, mitigations and vitality (that's the order I'd choose for levelling, at endgame it's a bit different)
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

If you ask what virtues i should use for any particular class, you will have a thousand different answers. The truth is there is nothing set in stone about virtues, it depends your class, where are your stats, if you are soloing, grouping & if you will have some particular needs in that fight. The virtues are very dynamic. They are meant to be changed constantly as needed. When they are maxed & choosing them well for every situation the virtues are very significant.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Quote Originally Posted by blackmist03 View Post
    I am thinking about using Valour, Justice, Discipline, Tolerance, Compassion. Could I get some input on this? I am currently level 41, I solo about 98% of the time, so I need a "balanced" Captain. I chose those virtues because it seems good all around, but I am not 100% sure, seeing as the only character I have ever leveled up is a hunter before, so I am not that great with the "tanking" classes yet.

Well some days I don't feel like doing a lot, and just maybe want to do a deed or 2. So my reason of asking, is so I have an idea of which deeds to do on those days.

Well some days I don't feel like doing a lot, and just maybe want to do a deed or 2. So my reason of asking, is so I have an idea of which deeds to do on those days.
    It is ok, i neither try to do 10+ deeds a day unless im trying to farm TP or in serious need to improve certain virtue. The more you raise the virtues, then it gets more clear the benefits they offer. To do 1 or 2 deeds a day is a nice way you choose to pick up the steps.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

So I made it to level 50. Any suggestions for my Captain? I am currently floating between Angmar and Forochel, most of my time is in Forochel. I am probably going to Eregion next Any suggestions on Armor, virtues, traits, or anything?

This is basically what I have been running as well. Zeal is a SOB, specially since I started my cappy mid way through RoR. Getting traits up to 16 is horrible right now.
    [center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2p79bNE.png[/IMG][/center]
    [center][color=#DC8909]ENEMA R9 BA, MONGOLOID R6 WL, BLACKHAERT R9 WARDEN/R8 CAPTAIN[/color][/center]

The only Issue I have with that build is...no might, no ICMR or ICPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabraxas View Post
    This is basically what I have been running as well. Zeal is a SOB, specially since I started my cappy mid way through RoR. Getting traits up to 16 is horrible right now.
    I am currently running with Valour, Justice, Discipline, Tolerance, Compassion. It is a pretty rounded out set.
    Aztaroth_SWE linked http://www.aztaroth.se/virtues.aspx I used that for at least 10 sets. I would suggest trying it, it is very helpful.

The only Issue I have with that build is...no might, no ICMR or ICPR.
    You don't need Might from your virtues, you can already hit nearly 3k Might right now and that's about to explode with the expansion.
    Fate gives a great ICPR conversion now, so Idealism covers that.
    ICMR is ####.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

The only reason to use ICMR virtues is to see if the raid leader is paying attention to what people are traiting.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

I am no a raid type player. I solo most of the time, occasionally "grouping" with a friend or 2. 3,000 might is a bit out of my range. I am looking for a good build for ym captain to survive alone, with no healers, or cc, or any other players.

I am no a raid type player. I solo most of the time, occasionally "grouping" with a friend or 2. 3,000 might is a bit out of my range. I am looking for a good build for ym captain to survive alone, with no healers, or cc, or any other players.
    Long story short, just stack mitigations on your virtues, and you should be fine. Physical is better for landscape, whereas tactical is better for the 'Moors and raiding.

As far as breaking 3k goes, it's a chore to do, however, getting to around 2.5k+ isn't as difficult.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West