We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

V3, B3, Ch 10 - Instance: Echoes of the Dead - Bugged?

I recently came back to the game after a six month hiatus and noticed a change. You can't complete/advance a quest when you're in combat.

Keeping that in mind, I'm playing through Echoes of the Dead instance, as I had done on a dozen or so characters six months prior, and after [you know what] happens to [you know who], I tried to run back to Radanir to finish the instance. So, I ran to him, aggro'ed the 5-6 Oathkeepers and when I got to Radanir to leave the instance, all I got was "You cannot do that in combat."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Each time you try to kill one of these, it'll just heal up and reenter combat 5 seconds later. Luckily I was playing my Champion and could juggle them, and knock them all out with an AoE at the same time... But, what about when my Burglar gets there? This Sierra need to change back.

It is being changed (thought it had already actually) so that only the final part of a quest can't be turned in during combat, which would allow that part to be turned in again.

In the meantime, I found a way to do this. It works on my captain so it should definitely work on your burglar, since you can damage so much faster. The oathbreakers will reactivate after a time (it's not 5 seconds) but they won't go after you again unless you're next to them. What I did is drag the 5 or 6 I had on me to the far door, "killed" one (made it green bar), moved away a little, killed the next one, etc. By the time I made it to the NPC, none of them were close enough to me to reactivate.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Surely a burglar can just use Hide in Plain Sight to get out of combat before turning it in?
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

I got stuck on this one last week. The way to get around it is - as soon as the last wave of ghost alts spawn in the back room, run straight back to the start of the instance. Don't wait for the dialogue - the oathbreakers spawn once the dialogue ends. Pass all of their spawn points to where Radanir was. Radanir will spawn at the same time, and you can talk to him, ending the instance, without having to aggro anything at all.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~