We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

any word on the lotteries?

thought they were back?

They are.

Sapience stated lotteries would not be a regularly scheduled feature like they were previously.

Instead they will be a random lotteries, where there maybe no lottery for an entire week. The next week might have five lotteries. One of which is 3 days. Another is one day. The remaining three are 1-6 hours.

You will have to bookmark the lottery page. Keep checking for lotteries. Good news is that log in is not required to see the lottos. You can see all lottos even if you have no eligible characters.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The remaining three are 1-6 hours.
    Hopefully not. With customers around the world and people working 8 hour shifts where they cannot (or should not) spend time on the LOTRO forums, short lotteries will only be a magnet for player complaints. Best to just run them for 24 hours or more (when they're up).

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    Hopefully not. With customers around the world and people working 8 hour shifts where they cannot (or should not) spend time on the LOTRO forums, short lotteries will only be a magnet for player complaints. Best to just run them for 24 hours or more (when they're up).

Khafar
    Back when the web services were working better there were quite a few short lotteries. The shortest being the Flash Lottos announced via a Tweet which were 20-30? minutes. Sapience would know. They were very short.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Back when the web services were working better there were quite a few short lotteries.
    Well, I don't think that was a grand idea either. People like lotteries, and Sapience fought hard to keep them. Running them in such a way that participation is minimized just doesn't make much sense. Players outside the US time zones have to put up with enough already, between inconvenient maintenance times and the inability to participate in any contest with a prize that has real-world value. At least the lotteries can be run so everyone has a fair shot.

Khafar

They are.

Sapience stated lotteries would not be a regularly scheduled feature like they were previously.

Instead they will be a random lotteries, where there maybe no lottery for an entire week. The next week might have five lotteries. One of which is 3 days. Another is one day. The remaining three are 1-6 hours.

You will have to bookmark the lottery page. Keep checking for lotteries. Good news is that log in is not required to see the lottos. You can see all lottos even if you have no eligible characters.
    If this is the case then my vote is to just get rid of the Lotteries altogether.
    Have spent the past couple weeks checking the Lottery page several times per day and it's a major letdown to see nothing run at all.

If it's just a now and then thing just scrap it already. Especially if it's only for things like fireworks, pipeweed, and 50 silver coins as has been the case lately. Thanks, but no thanks.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Quote Originally Posted by Grhysli View Post
    If this is the case then my vote is to just get rid of the Lotteries altogether.
    Have spent the past couple weeks checking the Lottery page several times per day and it's a major letdown to see nothing run at all.

If it's just a now and then thing just scrap it already. Especially if it's only for things like fireworks, pipeweed, and 50 silver coins as has been the case lately. Thanks, but no thanks.
    Ugh, no. Personally I'm enjoying the lotteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Grhysli View Post
    My advice would be to to stop checking the page. Hope that your friends will tell you if there's something up worth entering. Or only check it when your visiting the forums for some other reason. No reason to shutdown a feature that lots of people are enjoying because you don't like to look at an empty page.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    My advice would be to to stop checking the page. Hope that your friends will tell you if there's something up worth entering. Or only check it when your visiting the forums for some other reason. No reason to shutdown a feature that lots of people are enjoying because you don't like to look at an empty page.
    that being said from a perspective from ppl that live in the "right" timezone.... i don't mind to have some flash or faster lotteries too, obviously there are ppl that like it, but i spend litarelly hours a day on the forums and i even miss many lotteries (been in one since last revamp), but these bonusses are the cream on the cake, and a cake tastes less without cream

I can't access the LOTRO site from work and I rarely get a chance to check Twitter or FB for any kind of flash lotto announcement for the simple reason that I AM at work and would get into trouble if I got caught; when I do manage to see a flash lottery, it's usually long after the thing has ended.

Basically I'm not thrilled with the idea of missing a good chunk of them because of the new format (or schedule whatever you want to call it) but it's something I'll just have to live with. At the end of the day the lotteries are a nice little added bonus, so I can't get too upset...maybe just a wee bit upset. :P
    Last edited by Cordovan; Sep 10 2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: language