We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Expansions bought....still confused.

So, Im say playing free to play and I notice somewhere that I can get the expansions on 3 for 1 (or was it 4 for 1) basis from the LOTRO store. It looks a good price, Im enjoying the game so I figured ok and I bought them. Took me a while to notice that I didnt need to download it.

So I carried on levelling in the Lone Lands and figured Id pop over to Trestlebridge to smooth the levelling and everything is locked.

So, question is

Up until level 50 Im going to have to buy some quest packs....Evendim seems to be favourite at the min then a few more to get me to 50, but once I hit 50 and can go into Moria, since Ive bought the expansion do I need to be buying any more quest packs and the like, or will the expanions be enough for me to carry on playing?

ta

Mav

I would get Evendim and then skirm, craft, and epic until 48 or 49 then burst into Moria. Remember at 45 or 46 to pick up your LI in south eregion at get it leveled to enter Moria.

ta for the advice, but can I just check as well....I dont need to buy anything else (to quest and get to cap) do I if Ive bought the expansion post 50 once Im in Moria?
    Last edited by Mavver; Sep 06 2013 at 07:59 AM.

You technically don't need to buy anything, but it won't be easy leveling which sounds like you want.

If you buy all the expansions you should not need (but might want) any additional questpacks after you reach level 50. The expansion questpacks should be enough for levelling:
    Moria for level 50-60
    Mirkwood 61-65
    Isengard 65-75
    Rohan 75-85
    Helms Deep 85-95 (Not released yet.)

There are also additional (non-expansion) questpacks that cover at least part of those level ranges that you might want to consider. For example: Enedwaith covers the same level range (61-65) as Mirkwood, and many (but by no means all) players prefer Enedwaith over Mirkwood.

Before level 50 the free questpacks (Ered Luin, Shire, Bree, and Lone Lands) should easily take you to level 30, and then it is widely agreed (as you seem to already have noticed) that Evendim is the
    best choice for level 30-40. Which questpack(s) should be used for levels 41-50 is something you can find discussed in *many* threads on this forum, but there is no consensus on what the best choice is.

Thank you, everything I needed right there.

I was in game back in the Codemasters days....and I remember enjoying some time on the edge of the misty mountains....which zone was that?

Misty Mountains

ta.....Ill go stand in the corner for a while and contemplate my dumb question

Quote Originally Posted by Mavver View Post

I was in game back in the Codemasters days....and I remember enjoying some time on the edge of the misty mountains....which zone was that?
    The edge of the Misty Mountains, you say? If you are not thinking of the Misty Mountains questpack itself, you might be thinking of Eregion where in one area you can get up to the Redhorn pass where the Fellowship of the Ring tried and failed to cross the mountains. (The pass is still blocked by snow when we get there.) Another possibility is the Trollshaws since the path you use to enter the Misty Mountains zone starts in Rivendell (which lies in the Trollshaws)

From memory it was all Snowy and there was a great deal of rescuing one of the Dwarfs from the Hobbit I think, Bifur maybe....it was a while back tho

From a quick look around, I think I am going to go down the Evendim => Forochel route and hopefully get to 50 that way.

If folks are still up for giving advice. I remember there being some epic questline for 1st or 2nd Age Weapons, and a class epic questline.

Is there anyone out there who can sum up in a paragraph what the deal is and what needs doing.

Ps ta again

From memory it was all Snowy and there was a great deal of rescuing one of the Dwarfs from the Hobbit I think, Bifur maybe....it was a while back tho
    I don't think there is any quest at all to rescue any of the dwarves from The Hobbit. Of the dwarves from that book I think the only ones we really meet are Dwalin and Gloin and none of them needs rescuing.

However, in that part of Eregion near the Redhorn pass I mentioned before (which is indeed all snowy) there is a questline to find a missing dwarf. It might be what you are thinking of.

The other areas in the game that are all snowy are the northen part of Ered Luin (where dwarf characters start), Forochel, and the Misty Mountains. (Wildermore might also be snowy, but since that is a level 85 area that was released only this year, I doubt very much it is what you are thinking of.)

From a quick look around, I think I am going to go down the Evendim => Forochel route and hopefully get to 50 that way.

If folks are still up for giving advice. I remember there being some epic questline for 1st or 2nd Age Weapons, and a class epic questline.

Is there anyone out there who can sum up in a paragraph what the deal is and what needs doing.

Ps ta again

Not at all sure what you might be thinking of. In the Epic storyline I don't think you get any 1st or even 2nd Age weapons, and I don't think there are any class-specific parts of the Epic.

In your place I wouldn't worry about it. Any quests that rewards 1st or 2nd age items won't be until Moria at the earliest and if you just play the game you should come across the quests eventually.

Ta loads, see you in game.....prob not, but the thought is there

Up until level 50 Im going to have to buy some quest packs....Evendim seems to be favourite at the min then a few more to get me to 50, but once I hit 50 and can go into Moria, since Ive bought the expansion do I need to be buying any more quest packs and the like, or will the expanions be enough for me to carry on playing?
    Once you get to level 50, the expansions will certainly be enough to carry on playing. You'll easily get to 60 in Moria. Mirkwood will easily get you to 65. Isengard is much more than enough for 75, and the Rohan expansion is comfortably enough to get you to 85. You'll visit the other zones as part of the Epic quest series, but you don't need their content in order to level up.

Before level 50, I recommend Evendim. After that, either Angmar or Forochel and maybe Eregion, depending on what you want spend.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Well the game zones corresponding to the lore Misty Mountains cover all Misty Mountains quest pack (north to Rivendel), northeast of Eregion quest pack, Zirakzigil (top of Moria) & west of Lothlorien. Is hard to tell what zone you mean unless you can recall the level & kind of mobs.

Just an FYI, Lords of the Ring Online only covers the 3 lotr books (but not all of them yet). They do not cover anything from his other books, including The Hobbit.

You do rescue Dori at one point, though that's in the North Downs, not anywhere snowy.

Quote Originally Posted by or_bill68 View Post
    Just an FYI, Lords of the Ring Online only covers the 3 lotr books (but not all of them yet). They do not cover anything from his other books, including The Hobbit.
    Well, they do cover stuff that was mentioned in the Hobbit. You'll find some trolls that have been turned to stone in the Trollshaws. And Bilbo is waiting in the Hall of Fire in Rivendell to hear all about your visit to Goblin Town in the Misty Mountains. :-)
    <<Insert clever sig here>>