We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Question New 1v1 / Sparring Location

    Countless times do I accidentally run into a 1v1 or that I get attacked while having a 1v1. And yes, I know people are going to say that it's fair game and that you're open to be attacked at any point, but I also know that a while ago, 1v1 and spars used to take place on the hill which is now occupied by the TR rez point, therefore I propose that we vote/discuss a new location where creeps and freeps can hold 1v1 knowing that there is some sort of understanding that, that activity will take place in that area.

    I was talking to a fellow tribe member yesterday and he mention that we should designate the area just south of DG and west of HH. It is an ideal location, which is rarely occupied and is equidistant from both default spawn points (Grams & GV).



    I'd like to know what you guys think of this; maybe if you have any other locations/ideas.

  2. #2
    Looks like a good spot to me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    344
    Considering the fact that whichever side doesn't control Lugz is in for an incredibly long walk I'd say GTA works much better for spar circles.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    679
    GTA is a high traffic area so it's a bad location. It will take a minute from GV, and it has zero strategic value.
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by SarumanWise View Post
    GTA is a high traffic area so it's a bad location. It will take a minute from GV, and it has zero strategic value.
    Just because it's a high traffic area doesn't mean it's a bad location. In general, it's very easy to tell when spar circles are taking place (People standing around watching others fight one on one and not interrupting?) However, this really only applies to spar circles like I said in my first post. If you're talking about setting up a 1v1 with one person in mind it's an entirely different matter, and a place like Old Plains OP is definitely one of the better spots in the moors to be left alone. There are also several other spots where you can fight without fear of being interrupted, so making this specific one the "official" spot of the server seems a little unnecessary.

  6. #6
    I understand the skepticism about GTA but it works on Ridder almost without fail. The issue with that spot near old Plains OP is that like blu said it's a long walk if you don't have lugz rez. It would be ok for a large arranged circle with lots of rezzers on both sides. Otherwise not very practical. Also, remember no matter where you spar the moors is an open zone so regardless of where it is be ready to die if you spar.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Moneyforever View Post
    I understand the skepticism about GTA but it works on Ridder almost without fail. The issue with that spot near old Plains OP is that like blu said it's a long walk if you don't have lugz rez. It would be ok for a large arranged circle with lots of rezzers on both sides. Otherwise not very practical. Also, remember no matter where you spar the moors is an open zone so regardless of where it is be ready to die if you spar.
    Historically speaking, Ridder was always more of the "1v1" type server for PvP. I know it grew pretty quickly in size with transfers after RoR, but I'd wager there's enough of the "old blood" left on that server to preserve the "1v1 mentality" that was prevalent in the early days.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    258
    Good grim is perfect.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by xxforcardassia View Post
    Historically speaking, Ridder was always more of the "1v1" type server for PvP. I know it grew pretty quickly in size with transfers after RoR, but I'd wager there's enough of the "old blood" left on that server to preserve the "1v1 mentality" that was prevalent in the early days.
    It definitely was the 1v1 server until we got there. There's still 1v1's sometimes. But only if they're not inhibiting good action. We make sure of that.

  10. #10
    GG is the best spot. If y'all are using it for 1v1 currently, keep doing so. E 1v1ers seem to think tr west jus along side of gtr is a good loc for spars... It's not lol.

    Old plains op would be sweet if you could get there quicker. If you do an ark tournament like back in the day? Yes planes for sure, you could even have group fights at river op, or the ramp going down to HH. That would be a good time!
    Last edited by searingskitso; Sep 06 2013 at 04:13 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere hot
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by SarumanWise View Post
    GTA is a high traffic area so it's a bad location. It will take a minute from GV, and it has zero strategic value.
    If it's a high traffic area, there's bound to be more spars. Those that are bored over by ROP, could flip it and cause a war. I vote GTA, or Old EC.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload