We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Few Ideas For Vocations

Vocation One

Vocation: Archeologist.

Vocation bonus title for character: Soil Scrounger.

Crafts in Vocation: Metalsmith, Scholar, Prospector.

Vocation Two

Vocation:Mineralogist.

Vocation bonus title for character: Deep Digger.

Crafts in Vocation: Jeweller, Scholar, Prospector.

Area Reserved for more crafting vacation Ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    Vocation:Mineralogist.

Vocation bonus title for character: Deep Digger.

Crafts in Vocation: Jeweller, Scholar, Prospector.
    Even in the unlikely event that Turbine were to add more vocations, that wouldn't be one of them. You've got two completely self sufficient production crafts (Scholar combines gathering and producing) and Prospector gathers all the materials needed for Jeweler. Something like Jeweler, Scholar, Forester would be more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    You've got two completely self sufficient production crafts (Scholar combines gathering and producing) and Prospector gathers all the materials needed for Jeweler.
    Though I agree these vocations won't be allowed, I have to mention that Scholar isn't self sufficient.

A Scholar relies on Farmers and Prospectors for the rare drops for Dye crafting, and again on Prospectors for the Ingots for the Tier 2-6 Runekeeper Inlay consumables.

Even in the unlikely event that Turbine were to add more vocations, that wouldn't be one of them. You've got two completely self sufficient production crafts (Scholar combines gathering and producing) and Prospector gathers all the materials needed for Jeweler. Something like Jeweler, Scholar, Forester would be more likely.
    Well I think you are wrong, Because of the fact that there is two crafts already that don't require someone else both the Explorer,and Woodsman both don't require anyone.
    Also read up on the Mineralogist they are people that dig deep for gems and such and go after things hidden for a long time, it is a perfect name for the vocation, Also This would be likely because the farmer is needed like this person said

[QUOTE=HaleElven;6906175] I have to mention that Scholar isn't self sufficient. A Scholar relies on Farmers and Prospectors for the rare drops for Dye crafting, and again on Prospectors for the Ingots for the Tier 2-6 Runekeeper Inlay consumables.

[QUOTE=HaleElven;6906175]Though I agree these vocations won't be allowed
    /QUOTE] Well to this comment I see no reason for it not being allowed.

Seems to me like everyone hates jewelers. because no one commented on my Archeologist

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Vocation is too strong, in my opinion. It's entirely self sufficient.

Prospector can gather materials for both Scholar and Jeweler. Every other vocation has one craft that doesn't help the other two.

Armourer- Woodworker doesn't help prospector or weaponsmith.
    Armsman- Tailor doesn't help prospector or metalsmith.
    Explorer- Prospector doesn't help forester or tailor.
    Historian- Weaponsmith doesn't help farmer or scholar.
    Tinker- Cook doesn't help jeweler or prospector.
    Woodsman- Farmer doesn't help forester or woodworker.
    Yeoman- Tailor doesn't help cook or farmer.

Like I stated in your previous thread, I just don't see anymore good combinations of crafting professions until they add new ones first.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Vocation is too strong, in my opinion. It's entirely self sufficient.

Prospector can gather materials for both Scholar and Jeweler. Every other vocation has one craft that doesn't help the other two.

Armourer- Woodworker doesn't help prospector or weaponsmith.
    Armsman- Tailor doesn't help prospector or metalsmith.
    Explorer- Prospector doesn't help forester or tailor.
    Historian- Weaponsmith doesn't help farmer or scholar.
    Tinker- Cook doesn't help jeweler or prospector.
    Yeoman- Tailor doesn't help cook or farmer.

Like I stated in your previous thread, I just don't see anymore good combinations of crafting professions until they add new ones first.
    '

This comment
    Explorer- Prospector doesn't help forester or tailor
    . is wrong The Prospector helps both those crafts by making money.

This comment
    is wrong The Farmer helps both those crafts by making money.

and also I found a flaw in your comment
    Armsman- Woodworker doesn't help prospector or weaponsmith.
    Armourer- Tailor doesn't help prospector or metalsmith.
    you got these reversed. Slow down, Actually think while you're replying to my thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Though I agree these vocations won't be allowed, I have to mention that Scholar isn't self sufficient.

A Scholar relies on Farmers and Prospectors for the rare drops for Dye crafting, and again on Prospectors for the Ingots for the Tier 2-6 Runekeeper Inlay consumables.
    Fair point on the RK items. However, while Farmer is *useful* to Scholars, it isn't *necessary* for Scholars. A Scholar can level up never making any dyes at all, or only those dyes for which there are world drops in the form of landscape plants.

Still, as it happens, we have one vocation with a fully supported Scholar. If a second vocation with Scholar were to be added, it would very likely *not* have full support.

This comment . is wrong The Prospector helps both those crafts by making money.

This comment is wrong The Farmer helps both those crafts by making money.
    Making money, while a useful byproduct, does nothing in and of itself to support the crafting skills. Even if you dropped the extraneous skills, those vocations would still have salable raw materials.

Fair point on the RK items. However, while Farmer is *useful* to Scholars, it isn't *necessary* for Scholars. A Scholar can level up never making any dyes at all, or only those dyes for which there are world drops in the form of landscape plants.

Still, as it happens, we have one vocation with a fully supported Scholar. If a second vocation with Scholar were to be added, it would very likely *not* have full support.
    Well you're wrong we don't have one vocation with a fully supported Scholar, If we did it would have these two professions both a farmer and a prospector.

Well you're wrong we don't have one vocation with a fully supported Scholar, If we did it would have these two professions both a farmer and a prospector.
    You're confusing Scholar with Historian. Scholar doesn't require Prospector.

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    You're confusing Scholar with Historian. Scholar doesn't require Prospector.
    I am not there is recipes in the scholar that require ingots thus it needs a prospector as well as a farmer to be fully supported and be fully functional.

Again I am not confusing Scholar with Historian.

here is some links if you don't believe me

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...r_Inlay_Recipe
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...d_Inlay_Recipe
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...m_Inlay_Recipe
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...r_Inlay_Recipe
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...d_Inlay_Recipe
    Last edited by Zepherzaper; Sep 07 2013 at 02:16 PM.

I am not there is recipes in the scholar that require ingots thus it needs a prospector as well as a farmer to be fully supported and be fully functional.
    Can you link them?

Can you link them?
    I already did look down a few comments.
    I could post them again although it would be considered spam, I will not though.
    Last edited by Zepherzaper; Sep 07 2013 at 02:23 PM.

From a lore perspective, neither proposal would be appropriate. I'm pretty sure Tolkien never talked about anything -ologist in the books. That's a bit too scientific for most fantasies.

As for their purpose...

Mineralogist: Ignoring the handful of recipes that always need that random (and often rare) material from another craft, scholar is extremely self-sufficient. And with prospector to support the jeweler (again, ignoring the handful of recipes that need other crafts), that would be a second self-sufficient craft.

Archaeologist: Ditto. Again with scholar. And this time the prospector is supporting the metalsmith.

What's next? Hoplology? Scholar, prospector and weaponsmith?

And about those handfuls of recipes that need a random other craft, that is designed to improve social interaction and economy in game. This idea (like the previous one you made) will do both of those no favor at all. These are suggestions designed to promote an extremely solo form of gameplay. Since this is an MMO, these suggestions could (perhaps would?) be very bad.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    What's next? Hoplology? Scholar, prospector and weaponsmith?
    well this would be interesting although I see no point in it.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Ingots are so easy to come across that they really DON'T need prospector to be fully functional...

Metalsmith can get ingots
    Explorer can get ingots,
    Armsmen can get ingots,
    and Tinkers can get ingots

Ingots are SO easy to come by since they are used in more craft vocations than ANY OTHER material in the game. So scholars can still be fully function without them.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    '

This comment . is wrong The Prospector helps both those crafts by making money.

This comment is wrong The Farmer helps both those crafts by making money.

and also I found a flaw in your comment
    Armsman- Woodworker doesn't help prospector or weaponsmith.
    Armourer- Tailor doesn't help prospector or metalsmith.
    you got these reversed. Slow down, Actually think while you're replying to my thread please.

There is no flaw in what I stated. Stop being so defensive when someone is critical to your ideas.

The point I'm making is that vocations are designed so that there is one craft that doesn't help or use the other crafts. In Armsman, woodworkers don't use anything the prospector gathers (aside from items like shards/mithril flakes/etc that other gather professions can get too) or the weaponsmith crafts. For armourer, the tailor doesn't use anything the prospector gathers (again, aside from items like shards/mithril flakes/etc that other gather professions can get too) nor does it use anything the metalsmith crafts.

As for your "It helps by making money" comment, may as wells ditch every vocation since every craft makes money if you want to. It does not directly affect the other crafts by supplying them, which is the point I'm making.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    For me, a good idea for a craft you been, "Blacksmith"

It would have:
    -Prospecting
    -Armoursmith
    -Weaponsmith

I'd much prefer the have a blacksmith than just an Armourer.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

I already did look down a few comments.
    I could post them again although it would be considered spam, I will not though.
    You edited the post after I posted that. Compare the times.

I had forgotten about the inlays because the highest tier (possibly the highest two) don't require them, and nobody bothers to use those below cap. You're more likely to see the requirement change on those than you are to see Prospector ever paired up with Scholar.

well this would be interesting although I see no point in it.
    I was being facetious.

You edited the post after I posted that. Compare the times.

I had forgotten about the inlays because the highest tier (possibly the highest two) don't require them, and nobody bothers to use those below cap. You're more likely to see the requirement change on those than you are to see Prospector ever paired up with Scholar.
    Ya I did edit my post, For that I am sorry, Because it inconvenienced you.

Also Every comment I Make I study out even the names for my vocations I studied out.

This Is My advice to you, Before you make your next comment study out everything about what you're commenting on before making a comment in other words, Find out all the facts before opening your mouth/type anything.

Following this advice in everything you do will.
    A. Make people not think your dumb.
    B. Give you more time to think.
    C. Save you time on trying to explain your self.
    D. Make you look like you have a iq of 250 even if you are have a iq of 50.
    E. Make you not look dumb, Even if you are the dumbest person on the planet.
    F. Make you be smarter not just look smarter because you will be expanding your brain by using it more.
    G. Make you able to come up with ideas faster.
    H. Make you be more helpful, Because you will know all the facts.
    I. Give you the ability to read faster, Because you brain will expand to understand things faster.
    J. Higher understanding of things.
    K. Make you able to answer questions faster.
    Last edited by Zepherzaper; Sep 07 2013 at 07:09 PM.

Ya I did edit my post, For that I am sorry, Because it inconvenienced you.

Also Every comment I Make I study out even the names for my vocations I studied out.

This Is My advice to you, Before you make your next comment study out everything about what you're commenting on before making a comment in other words, Find out all the facts before opening your mouth/type anything.

Following this advice in everything you do will.
    A. Make people not think your dumb.
    B. Give you more time to think.
    C. Save you time on trying to explain your self.
    D. Make you look like you have a iq of 250 even if you are have a iq of 50.
    E. Make you not look dumb, Even if you are the dumbest person on the planet.
    F. Make you be smarter not just look smarter because you will be expanding your brain by using it more.
    G. Make you able to come up with ideas faster.
    H. Make you be more helpful, Because you will know all the facts.
    I. Give you the ability to read faster, Because you brain will expand to understand things faster.
    J. Higher understanding of things.
    K. Make you able to answer questions faster.
    TinDragon is, from everything I've seen, an excellent member of the community. Your A-K does not apply to him at all. In fact, half of it is illogical or redundant. Additionally, if it were true, then you yourself would not be following your own rules. Some of the comments you have made have not done yourself any favors, in this thread or any of your others. *shrug*

Zeph: I do tend to be wrong occasionally, but I do a lot of research and tend to have a pretty solid basis for my opinions. (On this specific topic, almost every craft has one or two recipes that aren't fully supported in the lower tiers. There's a couple of weaponsmith recipes that actually require items only metalsmiths can make. They usually aren't brought up in arguments because the recipes are irrelevant. They're hardly ever used, can be skipped very easily, and the higher tiers of those recipes have had those problems corrected.) You, on the other hand, seem to be making suggestions for the sake of suggesting things. At this point, it seems you spend more time in the forums bringing up potential changes than you do actually playing the game. I would recommend maybe playing the game a little more to better establish what would actually work, what's actually been suggested before, and what doesn't actually need to be changed.

For the record, you've come up with so many ridiculous ideas that several people in the forums are disagreeing with you just because they recognize your name, not because your ideas are terrible. I personally skip any suggestion I see that you've made for the same reason. Occasionally, I'll end up in here because I see someone else's post and want to clarify on it. I think you should take a break from the forums, go easier on the ideas in the future, and maybe you won't have people disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

I'm kind of curious Zeph, how old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    TinDragon is, from everything I've seen, an excellent member of the community. Your A-K does not apply to him at all. In fact, half of it is illogical or redundant. Additionally, if it were true, then you yourself would not be following your own rules. Some of the comments you have made have not done yourself any favors, in this thread or any of your others. *shrug*
    Thank you for the support.
    Last edited by TinDragon; Sep 07 2013 at 09:10 PM.

If you wanna add someone, go into your settings. Under the third header on the left (My Settings) and second subheader (My Account) you'll see "Edit Ignore List". Just add the name from there and you should be good.
    An easier way to ignore someone is to click on their name in a post they've made, select View Profile, then click on the "Add to Ignore List" link on their profile...

Of course, should you wish to remove them from your ignore list later, you will need to go to the page you mentioned.

Khafar

There actually is. It's kinda buried and I don't know how well it works, but there is an ignore function.
    If you wanna add someone, go into your settings. Under the third header on the left (My Settings) and second subheader (My Account) you'll see "Edit Ignore List". Just add the name from there and you should be good.
    (also Re: Khafar)
    Thanks! Now that I know it is there I do, as you say, wonder how efficient it works. My guess would be that it at least blocks PMs from those persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    OP, I get the impression you simply dislike the crafting system of LotRO. Your suggestions all seem to aim at making LotRO crafting fit your idea of how LotRO crafting should be. I wonder why? Is there another game with a crafting system you would like to be ported to LotRO?
    I have been in one game where it is possible to max out all possible crafting with just one character, and that would be Fallen Earth. Unfortunately, the crafts require an insane amount of materials and crafting stuff takes a LONG time (for some items it can take all day just to craft that one item), so I don't know how worthwhile it would be to try and do all the crafts. At least not all at the same time. There are three gathering crafts that are easy to keep maxed out, but beyond that... >.<

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast