We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Community RP Plot: The Fell Season!

Hello everyone!

Some of you might remember a community plot that happened a few years ago. We called it The Flood & The Plague, and it was a weeks-long event that took place in our rp community. There was a lot of participation across all levels of rp'ers, from light, to medium, to heavy, and a lot of rp happened and was spawned because of it. It was a lot of fun!
    I'm here to tell you that we have another one of these community-wide plots in the works! We hope everyone will want to take part in this event and make it as fun as The Flood & The Plague was years ago! We are calling it The Fell Season. It will be kicking off this Friday, September 13th, at 10pm Eastern/7pm Pacific.

What is happening in Eriador?

For those of you interested in participating, beginning this weekend any characters in locations west and northwest of the Trollshaws, excepting Forochel, will notice a dark grey, unnatural cloud cover, that was more or less waved off as passing storms the last few days, lingering and growing, but not releasing any rain. If there is any change in this cloud cover, it is only that it seems to be getting thicker and making the air drier. For the sake of this plot, any rain that comes sporadically through Turbine's client-side weather patterns is considered OOC and ignored IC.With plants and crops dying, and animals growing restless, talk only grows as the days pass in various lands, and one of the first people to call wide public attention to it is Mayor Graeme Tenderlarch of Bree-town. He has grown concerned with the new signs and the ever-drying weather and is having councilman Taford Hayseed of Bree hold a town hall meeting, open to all citizens, to discuss what to do. What they might discover, however, as more information arrives from beyond the borders of Bree-land, is that it may be more than they bargained for.

To get a taste of what is to come, take a look at the prologue
    for this event located on a forum board specifically set up for this plot.

How can I participate?

To get more information about the plot, including rp hooks, plot progression, timelines, and other tidbits, visit the Landroval Community Roleplay Compendium . We have been working out the details to bring you a well-informed and exciting plot, complete with side-plots of all RP sorts-- anything from banding together to help a community to hardships that lead to great strife and (if you so choose) death. You can follow this threadin the future to see upcoming events as well as gain information as to what is widely IC known.

We have set up a temporary user-channel as this plot progresses. We understand that not everyone has free channel spots, which is why we emphasize the forums as our main source of communication. However, should you like to search for RP related to this event, ask questions, or just stay connected, you can join fellseason by typing in /joinchannel fellseason. If it is your first user channel you've ever joined, you can type into it by typing /1.

The idea is for us (that is, myself, Camrin, and Laerlin in-game) to be your GMs for the main events, but to provide a common, all-encompassing conflict to allow your characters to react to the things that are going on-- including starting your own plots instigated by this conflict, should you wish to do so. Think of it like providing a loose set of rules to play by to inform your own roleplay. This way, your character can be as involved as you choose, and hopefully everyone can find some common ground to come together for rp. Have a great idea connected to this conflict, but no one to RP with? Mention it on the forums linked above.

Stay tuned to the Landroval Community Roleplay Compedium. We will be adding more information as the plot progresses. If you have any questions that come to mind, ask here, on the plot forum, or in-game.

We can't wait to bring you this plot, and are excited for letting it all play out!

(This post is subject to change, but I will make a note if anything major is changed.)

Last edited by VeruccaSault; Sep 07 2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: updated spacing
    [CENTER][FONT=palatino linotype][FONT=century gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=#afeeee]Rhetyn[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [COLOR=#0066ff]Pheadra * Eadha[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#0033ff]Camrin * Reily * Finleigh[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#afeeee]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

I'm game! I'll see what I can do to drum up support for you among my friends and compatriots. Keep me informed on Gilglir in-game.

The Éored of the West-Mark ~ Lore-accurate Rohirric Kinship on Landroval

Sounds like this will be a good time! Good luck- I am sure to participate. :-)

We are spreading the word to the Bounders of the Shire.

To date, there has been no notice of strange weather in the Shire proper. However, it has been noticed that the Old Forrest seems a bit queerer than usual, and there is some odd fog in Crickhollow that breaks nearer the Brandywine and Buckland proper.

A representative of the Bounders will be part of a scouting party comprised of the different orders of the Grand Council prior to the Mayor's Meeting this upcoming Fryday.

((Sadly, I don't have room for another userchat channel, and I am time shy to check another forum right now, so I'll be posting our crossovers here unless someone else from the Bounders steps up to take care of watching/adding to the other forum.

Is there a set end date for this event, or even just a window so we know to plan for it at this time?

We hope the event goes well!))
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 19 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August will be our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!

Hey all!

It was great to RP with a couple of you a little bit about the strangeness on Friday evening, thank you for the fun!

@GamingGal: Quite all right! I am tight usually on channels, as well, so it is completely understandable. The forums will be our major source of communication. We're aiming for this to be about four to five weeks I believe, and definitely wish to wrap before Helm's Deep (whenever that is released), but for now we're keeping flexible to see where RP leads people, and if people get things done quickly, or if there are several little things that pop up that elongate it a bit. For now, I think it is simply safest to say 'four to five weeks, but due to change'.

For all others, I personally can be contacted ingame or out of game fairly easily, feel free to do so at any time.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    Hey all!

It was great to RP with a couple of you a little bit about the strangeness on Friday evening, thank you for the fun!

@GamingGal: Quite all right! I am tight usually on channels, as well, so it is completely understandable. The forums will be our major source of communication. We're aiming for this to be about four to five weeks I believe, and definitely wish to wrap before Helm's Deep (whenever that is released), but for now we're keeping flexible to see where RP leads people, and if people get things done quickly, or if there are several little things that pop up that elongate it a bit. For now, I think it is simply safest to say 'four to five weeks, but due to change'.

For all others, I personally can be contacted ingame or out of game fairly easily, feel free to do so at any time.
    Knowing the window is helpful. Thankies!

I'm super-excited for this! I, too, will be in the Grand Council's self-proclaimed scouting mission. This sounds like it's going to be fun and I am really looking forward.
    [center][b]Dwarrowdelf:[/b] Hadoriel, Beregelleth, Laerien, Skaldin, Leowine
    [b]Landroval:[/b] Megildan, Fréodgyth, Faerelleth, Doronrien, Wilbeorht, Thanadoc, Skaldon, Beregelleth, Hadoriel[/center]

Hello everyone!

I'm glad to see some growing interest in our plot. I'd like to refer everyone to the plot forum (Landroval Community Roleplay Compendium). I'll be making daily updates as we count down to the kick-off event, detailing the specific conditions.

Stay tuned!
    [CENTER][FONT=palatino linotype][FONT=century gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=#afeeee]Rhetyn[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

I can't wait for this! I am really excited to participate in anyway I can. I play Tirfain, if there is anything I can do with him as a character, let me know. I have been eagerly looking for an "out of Bree" RP that he can get involved in, as someone that plays him as a hardcore ranger, my RPs are limited to those attempting to quest. Plan to hear a whisper from me tonight or tomorrow. ::thumb::

EDIT:: Issue fixed!
    Last edited by Mutters; Sep 11 2013 at 04:02 AM.

I'm keeping watch on the thing hoping I can be there!

It's great to see everyone getting interested! We are certainly getting excited as well, and the behind-the-scenes planning has kicked into full gear.

Here's a link to the plot progression for the plot. I've been updating it daily/semi-daily all this week. Tomorrow is the day!

Please PM Laerlin or myself, on either forums or in-game if you have any questions.
    [/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

(For more information, please refer to the plot progression thread).

Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

A post sent from one sister to another

Dear Lil,

I know we see each fairly regular-like, but I had t' write ya.

I don't know iffin' ya've heard about all the queer things folk have been noticin' of late.

Tonight, I went t' a meeting in Bree about the goings-on. While there, it seems lightning set the Widow Foghorn's smial on fire. Since they've had so little rain out that way, the fire quickly spread to her fields as many a' us at the meeting ran to help.

Well, it was all manner 'a problems. The fire jes wouldn't quit, and even spread t' Gammy Boggs'. Folk were hurt, some wouldn't leave when danger was too bad. The rope even broke on the well near the farms in peril.

And me? Well, I have ta get a new Mathom Tunic and Cluck Cloak. Mine were ruined when tryin' t' help.

But both the Widow and Gammy are okies. Well, the Widow's smial is near t' gone, but folk are talkin' about rebuildin' it once they can see what of the smial can be saved.

A terrible eve. Jes terrible. I hope things are okies out in Ered Luin.

Stay safe,

Daffy

I'm going to be making a new character on Landroval (My first, actually.) with an RP focus, so I hope to get involved prety quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Elben View Post
    I'm going to be making a new character on Landroval (My first, actually.) with an RP focus, so I hope to get involved prety quickly.
    Great! You can sign up for one of the scouting parties if you like, to get your character involved immediately. (visit this link)

I wanted to let everyone know that we have more events in progress and upcoming!

Visit the Plot Progression thread at Landroval Community Roleplay Compendium to find out more.

There are scouting parties, food and water gathering and preservation for a possible drought, as well as more fun things to come!

Our next official event will bed this Friday, September 20 at 10pm server time (7pm pacific). ?We hope to see you all there!
    Last edited by VeruccaSault; Sep 17 2013 at 04:20 AM.
    [/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

Notice posted on trees, posts and in taverns Eriador-wide.

The Bounders of the Shire,

having received multiple reports of troubled and rough waters on the Brandywine, have scheduled a Patrol.

It will begin on Thursday, September 19th at 9pm BT*.

We will meet at the Buckland Gate in Buckland, Bree-Land.

Given the peculiar nature of events of late in Eriador,

we are posting this notice so that any who may want to assist on this patrol will help us with strength in numbers.

We hope that our patrol will be a calm walk on the beach, but we will be prepared if it is not.

Interested parties should be at the Buckland Gate at the appointed time.
    =====

((*Bywater Time ( BT), always represents server time

- Walking will be the preferred travel method, unless circumstances deem otherwise at a given time.

- This event is open to all who want to attend, but we may have to restrict certain amounts of roles (see Rescue-ees and Combatants below).

- Feel free to bring an adventurer, trader, scribe, healer, corsair, victim, or what have you.

- Regarding rescue-ees and possible combatants:
    -- we will be patrolling the Brandywine on the Shire side from north of the Bridge to the ruins on the beach in Evendim.
    -- please send Daffodilia a post ingame prior to noon servertime on Thursday stating your role
    -- If we get a lot of folk wanting to be rescued or to act as combatants, we will group you together in clumps to be found along the way.
    -- If we get too many folk wanting same, we will have to do first come, first serve, and say "sorries" to the rest, or we'll never finish the patrol route.

--RESCUE-EES: We kindly ask that you understand that we won't be able to spend an extended period of time RPing out treatment. Think triage and possibly slinging someone over a pony's back if need be sort of thing.

--COMBATANTS: The same time consideration applies. 4-5 minutes, tops. It's a brief encounter, not an epic battle someone will write a court song about. I know this won't be easy for folks who enjoy long, descriptive emoting, but please keep it in mind or your fight will be over in three actions or less. How's your inner clock? If Daffodilia pulls a frying pan out of her backpack., it's time to wrap things up. If Daffodilia attacks you with a frying pan, somebody better be ready to run away, surrender, or drop dead.
    ---Do not use the Spar feature with a stranger. We may have some new players with us who do not understand how sparring works, and I don't want them upset at finding themselves stuck in a spar if they accidentally accept.
    ---I cannot stress enough that combatants attacking the patrol MUST use open response RP, in that you leave reactions to your actions open to those you are acting against, such as X sidesteps Y's blade and slashes their dagger at Y) The patrol will ignore any RP like "X sidesteps Y's blade and strikes a killing blow to Y".
    ---If you want to have a pre-scripted fight with other parties (in the patrol or not), in your post stating your role please note if it is just something to be witnessed or if it is open to the patrol to take part in so I can direct the patrol accordingly. The time consideration rule still applies. If it goes on too long, I will get my frying pan out. (I suggest writing out each part in the plugin Lyrical if it's emote RP as opposed to an outright spar to keep the action running so folks aren't standing around waiting to see if there is any more action coming, and also to know I won't have to bring out the frying pan.)
    ---Lastly, we ask that any possible confrontations take place along the Evendim Region beach.))

Thank you! I will, as soon as I fix my crashing issues and get out of the confusticated starter zones. Hopefully that will happen today.

Thank you to everyone who participated in Friday's event around Bree. Logs are still being collected for that.

Thank you, Bounders, for leading such wonderful events!

Player Angeliese is leading another scouting mission to Andrath on Wednesday, Sept 25th at 10:30PM Eastern Time. Please refer to this post for more details.

Information has been sent to all scouting leaders last Friday; more information to lead their groups will be revealed in the following days. As always, we'll be communicating primarily though our forum board.

Want to see what's happened so far? Feel free to read player logs (more coming in all the time-- and soon to have the most action!), official logs (updating this one tonight) and event summaries and ooc information. More updates coming throughout the week as RL allows for it ;D

If you have any questions or concerns, please mail or IM Laerlin or Camrin in-game.

Landroval

Hey folks!

Thank you all for your participation, it has been fantastic. While we are still waiting for a couple player logs from a few events, as well as a couple other groups to wrap up, you can see the enormous amount of RP that has happened since the kick off on September 13th here all linked on this thread. It's been fantastic. Hopefully we'll be seeing the remaining logs shortly!

While a little short notice, we're having another event, Culling the Pack, this Friday Oct 4, again at 7PM Pacific/10PM Eastern (server) time ((to find your local time for this event, go here http://tinyurl.com/itsthetime)) in Town Hall in Bree. While this event is aimed for folks who were part of scouting groups at one point or another, the curious to see how the strange situation with the weather has unfolded are also welcome. There also seems to be hints of some sort of needs for deeding that may be perilous after the meeting is concluded...

And (with a good deal more notice, yes!) Friday the 11th, 10 pm server-time/7 pm PST, will mark the finale of this event, hints of which will be outlined in the meeting this Friday the 4th. More details to come!

As always, if you have any questions, please contact Camrin or myself, Laerlin.

Cheers.

Landroval

I want to personally thank everyone who participated throughout the course of this plot, no matter when or how big or small. Thanks to the wonderful community here it turned out to be a fantastic success.

While we were not able to get logs for all RPs, those that we did as well as a couple out-of-game stories can be found here. As you can see, there was lots and lots of RP!

Camrin has one more log to post and she will be hosting a celebratory feast on Friday at 10:30est/7:30pst, in the Mess Hall if it has not changed from its initial planning. Again, thank you all so much for your participation... it was absolutely fantastic.
    Last edited by Laire; Oct 16 2013 at 10:34 PM.

Landroval