We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden

Virtue Zeal at 15, no more deeds?

Among my search and work for enhancing my character(s), Virtues occupies one of the key things I look in to.

Right or wrong I currently use
    • Zeal: 15
    • Valour: 15
    • Fortitude: 16
    • Discipline: 14
    • Fidelity: 15

In order to increase the amount of points:
    Virtues are one of the four types of Traits your character can gain in LotRO. You acquire Virtues, and gain up to 19 ranks within each, by completing Deeds and occasionally Quests. Any Virtues earned over rank 19 are stored but do not contribute to any bonuses.

To track those Deeds or Quests you can click on the Virtue in question in the surrounding oval and a Deed will pop up as available from the Deed log window.
    • Valour: I get to kill more Trolls in Urugarth.
    • Fortitude: Go kill Gertheryg in Angmar.
    • Discipline: Kill Angmarins at The Forges of Tham Mirdain
    • Fidelity: Kill enemies in the Forgotten Treasury

BUT
    If I do the same thing for Zeal, it only takes me to the Store. What is going on?
    I tried a few more and Confidence also takes me to the Store as well as Innocence, Patience, Idealism, Empathy.
    Something broken?
    Last edited by Marancil; Jul 28 2015 at 12:50 PM.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Arkenstone
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Gilthiron 102 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 76 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 95 HNT, Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    Among my search and work for enhancing my character, Virtues occupies one of the key things I look in to.

Right or wrong I currently use
    • Zeal: 15
    • Valour: 15
    • Fortitude: 16
    • Discipline: 14
    • Fidelity: 15

In order to increase the amount of points:

To track those Deeds or Quests you can click on the Virtue in question in the surrounding oval and a Deed will pop up as available from the Deed log window.
    • Valour: I get to kill more Trolls in Urugarth.
    • Fortitude: Go kill Gertheryg in Angmar.
    • Discipline: Kill Angmarins at The Forges of Tham Mirdain
    • Fidelity: Kill enemies in the Forgotten Treasury

BUT
    If I do the same thing for Zeal, it only takes me to the Store. What is going on?
    I tried a few more and Confidence also takes me to the Store as well as Innocence, Patience, Idealism, Empathy.
    Something broken?

Nothing is broken. It will only pop up those deeds you have started working on (and thus is listed in the Deed Log). Deeds you have not yet started (and therefore does not show up in the Deed Log) will not be shown.

If you go that lotro-wiki page and click on the virtue in question you will get a list of deeds which advance the virtue.

Clicking on the virtue in-game is hit-or-miss. I've found it often takes me to options I'd rather not do. . . or, as you found, the Store (cheat! ).

Just go to the wiki entry for the Virtue and figure out which one you still need to do (and pick the one you'd prefer doing): https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Zeal
    "Ephemeral" does not mean what I think it means.

Ah, ok. I guess that makes sense...

Sigh, another list to go through.

I am beginning to understand the need for Excel to keep track of what you do ingame. Hmm, I should get a web solution coded and online. So much better in so many ways.
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Gilthiron 102 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 76 WDN, Woodsman

Just use this >> LotRO Character Log

Version for Excel and Open Office, enjoy.

A database with web interface is of course preferable, but I will look in to that as well. Need to talk to some of my people.

Also, if you're trying to Equip Virtues, do *not* Left Click and Drag/Drop. Instead, use Right Click.
    It will simply equip the Virtue to an empty Trait Slot, instead of opening up your Deed log or the Turbine shop.

And, by my count, there appears to be 25 possible ranks in Zeal; https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Zeal

yeah, as others pointed out go to wiki - or some other outside the game list -

Looking at my LM he is at 19 (25) for zeal 19 being how many is active - 19 the current cap and (25) being the number of zeal deeds he has completed. So I'm set on zeal for the next 6 increases. Of the ones I have equipped my lowest is 19(23) so there are lots and lots of deeds you are missing if you are in the 13 -15 range. Going round the circle my 2 lowest are 20 and 21, my highest is 28 and the majority are 24 and 25.

and yeah, I've never bought a virtue at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Also, if you're trying to Equip Virtues, do *not* Left Click and Drag/Drop. Instead, use Right Click.
    It will simply equip the Virtue to an empty Trait Slot, instead of opening up your Deed log or the Turbine shop.
    That's low, even from you. Are you seriously suggesting I am trying to EQUIP them and fail?

Almost called for a gif, as seems to be customary.

Cool

I can also confirm that Zeal can go up to 25 as mine is also 19(25). None bought here either

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    That's low, even from you. Are you seriously suggesting I am trying to EQUIP them and fail?
    a) I've run across SEVERAL people with that problem. Most of them were just so used to being able to Drag/Drop as they could back when they had to visit Bards to retrait.
    b) I feel there are time when there is a language barrier that hinders out communication. I don't always understand what you mean, and have to use my best judgement on how to respond.

Either way, if getting told something you already knew is the worst thing that happened to you today, then it must not have been that bad of a day.

Still some hours left on the day, but, no, it has not yet been a really bad day.

Language barrier? These are english words I type, maybe typing order different easier understand become to , yes?

Yoda tells me: Do the Language Barrier, or do not, there is no try.

This:

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...irtueView.html

...might help you. I've only used it a few times, but it lists, ingame, what deeds apply which virtues and you can check off the ones you've completed.

-Goldrush