We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: New Warg Advice

Hybrid View

New Warg Advice

I decided to roll a warg and I'm really enjoying it. I'm almost Rank 5 and have basically been working on maps and audacity and jumping the occasional Freep if I see him. My question is that I do have quite a few tp's saved up, so I was wondering if there are a couple of skills I should buy from the store that would really help me now or more importantly for the next couple of levels where the infamy grind is much longer? I run mainly solo or duo with another warg thats my rank. I'm sure this has been asked before and I apologize for asking again, but it's tough navigating through the Forums with my phone.

These aren't in order of importance but these are important skils in my view.... R6 Eye Rake: its an interrupt and a dam good one. You'll want this to stop inductions, think LM and Ents go to War. R7 enhanced Dissapear(class trait): must have skill for a solo/gt warg player IMHO. R9 Sense prey(class trait): Its nice to have you can track targets in stealth. R10 Foe of Light (Racial) increases stealth level and small bonus to tactical mitigation. There are others, if I was still R5 and had TP I would buy enhanced Dissapear straight away, but to each their own. Good luck.
    I run mainly solo or duo with another warg thats my rank
    Not going to give advice on corruptions because I normally go damage and die fast, but based on this quote at a minimum id have enhanced sprint and enhanced disappear slotted. If you get into larger packs you don't really need it as much by solo and duo these key survival skills and escape. Remember to play the warg as intended, get in, get out, harass and don't be bold.

Thanks for the advice, it's greatly appreciated! I guess the toughest part is learning what I can do, I'm used to playing a BA and VT + Revenge can make you a little lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by NOMAM View Post
    I decided to roll a warg and I'm really enjoying it. I'm almost Rank 5 and have basically been working on maps and audacity and jumping the occasional Freep if I see him. My question is that I do have quite a few tp's saved up, so I was wondering if there are a couple of skills I should buy from the store that would really help me now or more importantly for the next couple of levels where the infamy grind is much longer? I run mainly solo or duo with another warg thats my rank. I'm sure this has been asked before and I apologize for asking again, but it's tough navigating through the Forums with my phone.

There's no point in having skills if you have no bling. The right fur is essential for each occasion. No pack wants an inappropriately-dressed warg.

This is especially important when greeting another warg. If your fur clashes with the background during the ritual jumping, it will send all the wrong signals about your abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    There's no point in having skills if you have no bling. The right fur is essential for each occasion. No pack wants an inappropriately-dressed warg.

This is especially important when greeting another warg. If your fur clashes with the background during the ritual jumping, it will send all the wrong signals about your abilities.
    You made my morning sir
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

Remove HIPS and Stealth from your quickslots.

I like to know where my prey is, rather than having to hunt them down.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

As it happens I have a couple of articles that deal with this issue and might be of interest to you:

Which Skills To Buy
    Which Traits To Buy

You listen to Mr. Warg there, he knows his buisness. I'll just chip in with: 'Flayer' did my warg a whole lot of good and unless your fat on TPs I wouldn't buy r7 and below skills. Rank comes fast now, and more importantly (to me at least) if you store buy all skills you lose the sense of achievement with your ranks.

My two coppers worth, which aint much as I sux. :P Enjoy your warg!
    Last edited by poxnoxious; Sep 08 2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Because I can!
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Sudden Pounce, Sudden Maul, double-tap Eye Gouge, Rend Flesh, Scratch and Snip, Sudden Claws.

Using Eye Gouge after Sudden Maul saves you a much valued half a second at the very start of the stun remembering to move slightly while in between attack skills.

Scratch and Snip, double-tap Eye Gouge, [Rend Flesh, Sudden Claws, double-tap Rend Flesh, Sudden Claws] combo if in combat with Sudden Maul buff up.

Use your judgment on when to use Silences and Crippling Bite.
    Last edited by aaSteele; Sep 08 2013 at 02:41 PM.

Haven't had a chance to get on in a while, but in my experience, Enhanced Sense Prey and Flayer are gonna be your best buys. The others you'll get soon enough and Flayer is super helpful when you're running solo. I made the mistake of buying Enhanced Disappear or something dumb - you'll appreciate survivability more than you'll appreciate a couple minutes shorter on your cooldown.
    lvl 105 Guardian | 93 Mini | 63 Hunter | 46 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV

Quote Originally Posted by aaSteele View Post
    Sudden Pounce, Sudden Maul, double-tap Eye Gouge, Rend Flesh, Scratch and Snip, Sudden Claws.

Using Eye Gouge after Sudden Maul saves you a much valued half a second at the very start of the stun remembering to move slightly while in between attack skills.

Scratch and Snip, double-tap Eye Gouge, [Rend Flesh, Sudden Claws, double-tap Rend Flesh, Sudden Claws] combo if in combat with Sudden Maul buff up.

Use your judgment on when to use Silences and Crippling Bite.
    Dont use scratch and snip in shadow, loss of DPS and burst damage.