We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

hardest class to solo?

I'm looking for a challenge. I already have an 85 champion and an 82 captain. Both were easy to level solo. My computer can't handle the lag in groups so it will be 100% solo.

I'm thinking maybe a guardian. What's yalls opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by or_bill68 View Post
    I'm looking for a challenge. I already have an 85 champion and an 82 captain. Both were easy to level solo. My computer can't handle the lag in groups so it will be 100% solo.

They're all pretty easy to solo, but probably the hardest to learn (and stay alive) would be the Runekeeper.

if you want a challenge play a warden and use only assailment once you get it. In my experience I would think the weakest classes would be loremaster or hunter. With hunter you can be easily overwhelmed by multiple mobs and don't have the armour of a champ or captain to protect you. You must always think before you fight, same with loremaster. Truthfully though if you plan it right its still easy.

An LM starts off very weak; once they get to 48 or so they become OK - and once they get past 77, INSANE.

IMO the class with the worst "dip" (at about lvs 38-45) is cappy. Once you enter Moria as a cappy though, you start becoming epic, particularly in groups.

I'd say it's a toss up between Rune-Keeper or Lore-Master. Both can be kinda squishy early on. But I think you would probably get more out of an RK. Then there is the choice you would have to make between Dwarf or Elf for an RK. Both work out quite well but the dwarf tends to have a bit more vitality than the elf does.

There is no such thing as "hard to solo". There might be slow-to-solo (captain), or hard-to-stay-alive-when-pulling-full-camps (most non-heavies).

I've personally found LM's the most painful to lvl up, but they are quite rewarding and it's fun to fight with an animal at your side.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    if you want a challenge play a warden and use only assailment once you get it. In my experience I would think the weakest classes would be loremaster or hunter. With hunter you can be easily overwhelmed by multiple mobs and don't have the armour of a champ or captain to protect you. You must always think before you fight, same with loremaster. Truthfully though if you plan it right its still easy.
    I have to disagree with the hunter, especially with that one skill where you can warp off the battle field to safety. Also with mobs, if you gather focus and stand far enough back, then you can take down the first few which come rushing towards you with the more powerful attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    I've tried the Warden many times, not really hard to solo (in fact the Warden is built to be a solo class). I just got tired of mashing the same three buttons over and over again (occasionally in different sequences) to do different skills. Got boring for me.

Youre looking for a challenge in lotro's pve? lol....
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Don't do hunter for challenge, when they get precision stance (lvl 14? 17?) they are by far the smoothest to level solo, with logical rotations and everything same range.
    LM and RK you can do one skill at near full range and have to step forward a little for a second skill and a little bit closer still for a third skill. That's challenging your carpal!

Minis also vary in range for their skills but that's only awkward if you accidentally do stun with initial attack. Highly recommended and quite a challenge levels 40-45.

Burglar or LM can make solo play less boring in my opinion. Haven't tried RK or Warden though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasdun View Post
    Burglar or LM can make solo play less boring in my opinion. Haven't tried RK or Warden though.
    Burglar is a nice option! I hear they can be a severe pain to play until level 60 or so - and really shine after that so all win-win.

Wink

Even a Rune Keeper can survive solo but is way up hill. Between captain & guard, i think guard is the easier to solo. Still they are both about the same as sturdy.

Not minstrel, that's for sure. Just leveled my first over the last couple of months and I can pull a room full of mobs and circle strafe them to death with almost no danger. The only weakness seems to be stuns, a stunned minstrel drops pretty fast. I tend to think LM, only in that you have to know what you are doing and how to chain together CC's, which can get intersting with cooldown juggling. I've never leveled a burg, they seem interesting and somewhat challenging as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000a4a22/01003/signature.png]Brathistir[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Burglar is a nice option! I hear they can be a severe pain to play until level 60 or so - and really shine after that so all win-win.
    Lol, who said that? o0

Burg was always one of the quickest and easiest to level. I'm talking of when 50 was cap, and beyond.

I'm looking for a challenge.
    Wrong game.