We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helm's Deep Combat Changes For Gear Swapping

There are a number of undocumented changes to combat with relation to our characters and their gear.

- No longer able to swap out Armour during combat.

- No longer able to swap out Class Items during combat. LM Books, Mini Books, RK Satchels, Champion Runes, Captain Emblems, Guardian Belts. (Some have said this is a bug but we have had no official word on this)

- No longer able to swap out Jewelry during combat.

- Able to swap out any weaponry (swords, daggers, bows, crossbows, hammers, axes, staves, spears, halberds) as well as shields, chisels and rifflers. So Main Hand, Off Hand and Ranged Slots.

Ever sine this game was originally released for the 6 years I've been playing we've always been able to swap out any piece of gear as needed be it a weapon, bow, piece of jewelry or a piece of armor while we are in combat be it because we wanted to change set bonuses, different legacies, different stats, etc.

As a primary healer on one of my characters I've always kept my major cooldown legacies on an alternate LI to be swapped in and out as needed. With this new change its not going to be possible to swap things like RK satchels to have access to the DNF cooldown legacy. LMs can swap around their books to have better debuffs. And that's only scratching the surface of what all this means. It means you have to be sure that you have exactly the gear you want to be fighting with before you go into combat. A prime sample of this you're an RK or Mini who had been healing and the group gets someone else to take on the healing burden, so you respec to dps instead of heals but you forget to change your armor and satchel over to your dps gear. The moment you get into combat you will find the only things you can swap are your runestone and your chisel the rest of your gear is locked away. Another issue along this line are things like our gear specifically designed for healing like the Lonely Mountain helm vs the RK Erebor Helm one of these is a boost specifically to 1 heal skill while the other has a group heal associated with it, this change makes it so that if during combat you find you need more group heals over single target you can't swap these out anymore.

I am happy that we can still swap out our weapons during combat but we should really still be able to swap out our class items as well. Armour and Jewelry we can live with not being able to swap out but our LIs and Weapons hold so much of our abilities in them to have some of them prevented access just because you're in combat.

Just locking the 6 armor slots would have caused much less hassle and headache. ; Being able to grab another weapon/ class item, was part of what made recovering from mistakes or dealing with unexpected events (like players DCing), both managable and enjoyable.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

alright this is change that i'm not 100% sure why it was done makes no sense i understand the trait tree system but dang this one i'm just really confused

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    Some have said this is a bug but we have had no official word on this
    yes it is a bug. it was said on beta 1 that they'll try to be making sure every LI slot can be swappable as it's unfair some classes can swap both and some can not.

ofc can't find quote or link it if I could now but yeah :P

hopefully this will be fixed for live.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

OMG Im so happy with these changes! I hope the LI swapping is not a bug and u cant swap either. Having only certain number of slots on a LI its something u really should think what legacies get and not stack LIs on ur bags for swapping.

Let the strategy come back to the game and not stat/buffs/bonus stacking.

Ok I heard in game that the Class Slot LIs were an oversight that is being fixed with 12.1.

So it will go live w/o the ability to swap these but we will get this ability back in the next patch.

For those who say that we shouldn't be able to change out LIs think about a fight people constantly change weapons based on how they are fighting and if they get 'disarmed' or break a weapon. To say we can't swap is unrealistic. It would be like saying you can only use your ranged or your melee weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    Ok I heard in game that the Class Slot LIs were an oversight that is being fixed with 12.1.

So it will go live w/o the ability to swap these but we will get this ability back in the next patch.

For those who say that we shouldn't be able to change out LIs think about a fight people constantly change weapons based on how they are fighting and if they get 'disarmed' or break a weapon. To say we can't swap is unrealistic. It would be like saying you can only use your ranged or your melee weapons.
    I've had a few rare times where my Warden shields have broken in combat. Not too much of an issue currently in RoR since I've carried multiple backups for years but might become problematic in those rare occasions. Pretty much once the shield breaks most of the gambits can't be built to be executed.
    Brynhildn Mistress Over Fear
    [B][COLOR="#FFD700"]Sons of Numenor[/COLOR][/B], Est 2008, calls on all seeking an [COLOR="#FF8C00"]established[/COLOR], [COLOR="#E399FF"]mature [/COLOR]and friendly community! Share your path with us and help build your home in a unique Kinship where you belong! [URL="http://www.sonsofnumenor.com"]SonsOfNumenor.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by WhimsicalPacifist View Post
    I've had a few rare times where my Warden shields have broken in combat. Not too much of an issue currently in RoR since I've carried multiple backups for years but might become problematic in those rare occasions. Pretty much once the shield breaks most of the gambits can't be built to be executed.
    Both the main weapon (typically and LI) and the off-hand can be still swapped in combat. A shield is an off-hand, so don't worry During beta my guard and captain could swap between 2h and 1h+shield any time they wanted.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight