We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb De-couple freeps from PvMP and use scaling characters.

So if they now have a scaling system from lvl 10 and up just to play big battles, why not just trash the existing PvMP system in favor of an all-auto scaled system. Get rid of the constant balance and tug-of-war ####. Let folks access the play style on both sides without having to grind one half then re-fit to match whatever is going on out there?
    Founder, Leader - www.SonsOfNumenor.com

Uh..This would wayyyyyy overpopulate freepside. Not to mention it would give creeps a way to farm..although they added that new rule against it.

That is assuming you mean to allow all level freeps to scale up to pvp.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002c9618/signature.png]Farimur[/charsig]

So in other words it would give vastly more people a chance to actually try the Moors before being so deep into the game they ignore it. And also to give Creeps some ample targets to have fun with.

I see no down side.

My most basic point is simple. If you are going to have any hope of Turbine seeing justification for working on the Moors, it will never come from any line of thought or argument from launch to present day. It needs a tear-down and reset, one which can draw folks into it from day one on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Comstrike View Post
    So in other words it would give vastly more people a chance to actually try the Moors before being so deep into the game they ignore it.
    How about they go roll a creep once their free-pie is lvl 10? Or is that 'too deep into the game' for ya?
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

I don't think I've ever considered anything related to the creep-side to be deep. I've done it, there are a few creeps in my roster. It just isn't my thing, nor the path I think improves participation in-game. I think the attempts at balancing after every cap hike or major system improvement is a greater waste of resources than anything else. This for what is a side-show to the main show of PvE and for most players, story, cosmetics, etc.

I think you tear-down and just start over. Comp folks for time invested, create an even field that might use character names/looks, but mirrors the other side on a par basis. Balancing numbers at a given time can be done and far easier than the constant yo-yo process there now.

The tangent sentiment in this thread is killer.

If you honestly think the moors isn't the deepest part of this game than I'm not sure what planet you're from.
    The highest rate 'fun' possible in PvE land in raiding(or, not limited to I guess), is in attempting the most impossible obscurities. Everything else is simply a leadup to that point. Once you're past that, what else is there? Festivals?
    Nope.

The Moors.

Either that or a different game entirely.
    I suppose there's exceptions with the people who find it exceptionally orgasmic to mind numbingly hold W to mining nodes and wait behind the keyboard to repair their tailor tools.
    But, call me a bigot, lets exclude them.

Other than that, I like the idea. Just not really in the way you're proposing it.

I see no down side.
    How about the realistic chance for it to occur and after acknowledging the unlikely event that it will the waste of time in discussing it? With a major expansion about to drop im sure
    why not just trash the existing PvMP system in favor of an all-auto scaled system
    is in the immediate future . Not to mention the non player perspective, why would a company want to remove a well established grind that allows them to sell the grind rewards (virtues/creep skills) in their store front? So redo a system (additional expense) eliminate the grind (loss of revenue) and otherwise dilute the only challenging end game content? Still see no downside? Sure you examined the full scope of the change?

Nothing wrong with the suggestion given the current path pvmp is going down. However, if/when Turbine wakes up and realizes this is very cheap endgame, they would regret taking the toons we have investment in out of the equation.

I think it works fine as is. I have had a load of fun playing creeps and I am eagerly looking forward to playing freepside as well once I get that far. From my experiences over 5 months or so, the PvMP battles are toe to toe slugfests and if someone's getting over on someone else or getting over on Turbine somehow, I can't see it, so likely it's taking place on the margins. Where cheating usually takes place.

Once again..wouldn't this overly populate freepside to the point where all the creeps rage quit from the zerg fest?

Quote Originally Posted by Bee9 View Post
    Once again..wouldn't this overly populate freepside to the point where all the creeps rage quit from the zerg fest?
    I think creeps say they'll rage quit every day of the week and double on welcome back weekends. There are easier ways to fix population issues compared to basic class imbalances in my view.

In case folks haven't noticed, the Moors aren't a profit center. They invest nothing into them, and most of the players in this game very simply do not consider it either "endgame" or something to go do. Mostly I suspect because most can't even play out there unless they are at cap. So reset, end the debates over who got the most, and put both sides on an even keel.

Lol hell no

I don't think I've ever considered anything related to the creep-side to be deep.
    I think we passed the point where it's safe to say nobody likes this idea. (Most likely due to the fact it's one of the worst in a long, long time.) Nor does anybody care what you consider 'deep'. Your in the PvMP forum dude, wake up and smell the coffee, this is endgame for us.
    Last edited by poxnoxious; Sep 08 2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Because I can!
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

So if they now have a scaling system from lvl 10 and up just to play big battles, why not just trash the existing PvMP system in favor of an all-auto scaled system. Get rid of the constant balance and tug-of-war ####. Let folks access the play style on both sides without having to grind one half then re-fit to match whatever is going on out there?
    There are two main issues:

1) Most people see Freep side PvP as a end game content element for level capped characters. They are not interested in doing PvP prior to level cap.

2) Turbine gets most of their money on the Freep side for PvP via the purchase of PvE content to get your character to level cap. Once you get to level cap then the requirement to buy Game Time kicks in.

I do not see Turbine giving up the income they collect for selling Quest Packs and Expansions. You could level up to 10 in Ered Luid for no cost. Buy some game time go straight the moors. No need to buy Mines of Moria, Mirkwood, Rise of Isengard, Riders or Rohan, Helms Deep. Plus either more game time or quest packs like Evendim to level up.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.