We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How long for Premium to become active

Hello all, I am a new player. I've played MMORPG's over the years but stepping into LOTRO for the first time. I purchased the Samwise Gamgee starter pack for my account yesterday. How long does it usually take after a purchase to go from F2P to Premium? When I log in I have the extra bag and the horse but still do not have the 5 slots for selling in the AH.

From the LOTRO store site, "If this is your first purchase of a LOTRO product, then you will also be automatically upgraded to a premium account and get 1 Character Slot and 5 Auction House Slots for free!"

Also, I play east cost but started on Laurelin not realizing it was predominately European timezone players. My guardian is 16 now but I have been thinking of starting another character on another server to have more people playing during the hours I will play.

Any advice to a new LOTRO player, but former EQ and WoW player, is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gellif View Post
    Hello all, I am a new player. I've played MMORPG's over the years but stepping into LOTRO for the first time. I purchased the Samwise Gamgee starter pack for my account yesterday. How long does it usually take after a purchase to go from F2P to Premium? When I log in I have the extra bag and the horse but still do not have the 5 slots for selling in the AH.
    If you have already tried logging completely out and back in, then you may have a problem. Contact Turbine Support and they should be able to fix you right up.

Also, I play east cost but started on Laurelin not realizing it was predominately European timezone players. My guardian is 16 now but I have been thinking of starting another character on another server to have more people playing during the hours I will play.
    I would recommend giving that a try. You can create two characters (3 once you get your Premium status) per server, so it does not hurt anything to go check out other servers. You might even want to give some other classes a try. If you want another Roleplay server like Laurelin, try Landroval.

Any advice to a new LOTRO player, but former EQ and WoW player, is greatly appreciated.
    The best piece of advice I can give is to try to put aside your assumptions from other games. Classes in LotRO may appear to be "just like" a class you knew in EQ or WoW, but they aren't. (Especially beware of taking assumptions from WoW. The user interface easily fools people into thinking this game is just like WoW, but it is NOT.)

It's especially important to read the text of the quests as they come up. You can easily assume that something is a "kill x and bring me their parts" when the quest is actually a bit more complex. Plus, unlike WoW, most quests are well-developed and have a storyline. Some impatient players skip quests because they look boring, but in most zones you can get a number of quests whose objectives are in the same area so you can do them essentially at once. Sometimes the boring "kill 10 wolves" quests chain up to something pretty interesting.

Keep your eyes and mind open and I think you'll have a great time.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Exclamation

If that pack works the same way as expansions, it is possible that you received a code in your email that you must input into your turbine account https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php . I recomend you check that the email have not been filtered out to the email spam folder. Once added the code it shouldnt take long unless you did on none working hours or on a very heavy load day like those of 1st day of expansion realease.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Thanks for the info. I have looked over the email again for some sort of product code and do not see one. When I log into my Turbine account it says premium, but I do not have the 3rd character slot or the 5 AH slots when I actually log into the game. I guess I will try to call support and see what I need to do. Thanks again.

Hmmm...when i bought the starter pack for my 2nd account from the Lotro Market, it went through Digital River and I was given a product key *at the time of purchase* that I had to enter into the account for the upgrades to take effect.

Looking back on the email, I see the product key was not included. Weird. Neither was the order ID, haha, which you need later.

Anyway, here's what you can do. Go to the LOTRO Market page. Scroll to the bottom. Click on Find Your Order. Enter your email and last 5 # of the credit card you used to order the starter pack. It will bring up your order receipt. On the top of that receipt is your Unlock Code that you need to enter in your Turbine Account.

Good luck!

Thanks again for all the suggestions. My account finally changed to Premium. I didn't really do anything to make it change, it just finally showed up as such.

Gelif is now on Landroval and I have enjoyed playing on there.