We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Burg Dev Diary is up

http://www.lotro.com/en/game/article...E2%80%99s-deep

Not a lot of detail (or much info at all really), but some new skills are mentioned..

Not a word about FMs.

It sounds like "Stun Dust" is now a skill in the QK tree (that maybe doesn't require the consumable? or that has a much shorter cool down?).

Coup de Grâce sounds fun - I like the idea of going back into stealth.

MM will be more engaging now, because the trick duration has been decreased? Hmm... Being able to get more trick-removal effects is good, I guess. But that's not really an issue for me currently. I used to be a pure MM up to 60 or so, and have been QK with a heavy MM splash since then. I personally didn't think it needed much changing, other than to increase DPS a bit while in MM perhaps.

"Instead of having a random chance to apply one of four effects, Clever Retort now applies one of the four based on which Trick was consumed" - that should be nice.

Looking forward to trying it out...
    Last edited by Beleg; Sep 05 2013 at 03:30 PM.
    [CENTER] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/mosby/"][COLOR=cyan]Mosby[/COLOR][/URL], Founder of [URL="http://www.thepalantiri.net"][COLOR=gold]The Palantíri[/COLOR][/URL] kinship (Landroval) - [URL="http://lotro-charts.tumblr.com/"]LotRO Charts Tumblr[/URL] - [URL="https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Translations"]Runes & Translations[/URL]

[COLOR=Silver][I]As glides in seas the shark, Rides Mosby through green dark.[/I] -Melville[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg View Post
    http://www.lotro.com/en/game/article...E2%80%99s-deep

Not a lot of detail (or much info at all really), but some new skills are mentioned..

Not a word about FMs.

It sounds like "Stun Dust" is now a skill in the QK tree (that maybe doesn't require the consumable? or that has a much shorter cool down?).

Coup de Grâce sounds fun - I like the idea of going back into stealth.

MM will be more engaging now, because the trick duration has been decreased? Hmm... Being able to get more trick-removal effects is good, I guess. But that's not really an issue for me currently. I used to be a pure MM up to 60 or so, and have been QK with a heavy MM splash since then. I personally didn't think it needed much changing, other than to increase DPS a bit while in MM perhaps.

"Instead of having a random chance to apply one of four effects, Clever Retort now applies one of the four based on which Trick was consumed" - that should be nice.

Looking forward to trying it out...

To be honest, I wasn't happy about trait trees at all before, but now I'm pretty psyched after reading this.

Coup de Grace sounds pretty awesome, especially if we're fighting multiple opponents. It re-stealth's us and allows us to get another opening strike on the next opponent.

The only problem with it really would be for people who have swap bags (like me) for stealth speed and all that stuff.

It sounds like there will be lots of survivability boosts in the trait-lines which are very welcome. And I'm extremely excited that they're buffing up QK burst damage. All in all, I like where this is going.

I liked the mention of the skill "All in" where we receive a debuff if we don't defeat the enemy. I assume if it comes with a risk it should be a really powerful buff. Since it is in the gambler line it might be an offensive buff with lots of damage or a defensive buff like pledge or defiant challenge.

As a new player and one that doesn't have a Burglar yet, reading the developers diary has made me want to roll right straight away to be ready for Helm's Deep. I love the idea of being a stealthy menace and I think this might be my ticket to it!

Great work Turbine and RockX!

Quote Originally Posted by Moldy-Cheese View Post
    As a new player and one that doesn't have a Burglar yet, reading the developers diary has made me want to roll right straight away to be ready for Helm's Deep. I love the idea of being a stealthy menace and I think this might be my ticket to it!

Great work Turbine and RockX!
    Same! I just might have to dust off my burg and bring her back into play once more. I'm really excited for these changes!

Woah! I am so excited now. A skill that allows you to drop into stealth after a kill... my prayers have been answered!!

I think I was definitely in the "somewhat cautious" group when we first heard about the move to skill/trait trees, but after reading the dev diary (even though there's not a huge amount of information there) I must admit I'm now into the "cautiously optimistic" group.

I've often thought that as burgs:

- we had far too many skills, some of which where a bit meh (e.g. clever retort, stun dust, location is everything), and some practically useless or at least very situational (e.g. confound).

- The MM and gambler lines were by far the least used, partially because the 'rewards' were often outweighed by QK and partially due to the DPS-nature of most content nowadays.

- With a few exceptions, most burgs had the same traits, gear, virtues, etc. (OK bit extreme, but you know what I mean).

These changes sound like we will have to think long and hard about what skills / traits to spend our points on, or at least think more than we currently have to do with trait slots. Hopefully this means:

- more focused builds / rotations with the skills/traits you want to use.

- the MM and gambler lines are more viable, and ideally all 3 being viable in all areas of the game: PvE (solo and group), skirmishes, PvP, etc.

- more interesting builds and more individuality.

My only concern is that we might find we have less versatility? e.g. would it still be viable to have multi-target Dust in the Eyes, and multi-target Startling Twist, AND max out QK skills/traits? I don't know, if not that would be sad, but I guess we'll just have to investigate other cunning strategies.

Very disappointed that the person who asked for suggestions and said he would be working on the revamp is not the one who actually did it. And isn't RockX the one who gave us the ahem - spectacular - Burg mounted combat?

My expectations are even lower than I had previously feared I have no interest in skill trees and I am afraid that what makes our characters unique and customisable is going to be lost in generica