We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    It would have been nice to have been able to barter farmers faire tokens for bounders bags. Maybe 10 for 1 bag. I've got all the cosmetics I want from the fesival, now I run it for the bounders tokens, but have a surplus of faire tokens.

I had enough Faire tokens by the second day of the festival to buy everything I wanted, but I've still kept running all the dailies just to try and keep the bounder's token flow going. I hope they don't do this again with the Fall Festival since this is a pretty ridiculous way to force people to participate in festivals if they want to get bounder's tokens. Then again, I wouldn't expect much different from a company whose spokespeople still haven't posted in this thread after a week.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

Actually, I'm so fed up with the low drop rate on mobs I'd like to slay all those annoying Farmer Faire hobbits and loot the bounder bags from their still warm corpses. They must have hundreds! Greedy hobbittssssss!

But that just me of course.

I'd settle for an official reply though ......

I just stopped worrying about it. There is nothing I can do about the extremely low drop rate anyway so I just quit even trying to get the tokens anymore. If I get them so be it. I just go do my questing and let things be as they are. Sad the rate was lowered for us that don't do the festivals or raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi View Post
    When I look at DEATHKNYGHT's second graph in his sticky'd thread, I see something else. I see that in the first couple of days of the Faire, progress was only slighty hindered. A minority of servers is actually making more progress since the Faire activated (very impressive, Firefeet! (or other name the server populace prefers?)).
    The progress on Firefoot is more likely due to a decent drop rate from landscape mobs even after the Faire started than anything else. Whether it is intentional or not - that's anyone's guess.
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by scoughlin View Post
    ...I've still kept running all the dailies just to try and keep the bounder's token flow going. I hope they don't do this again with the Fall Festival since this is a pretty ridiculous way to force people to participate in festivals if they want to get bounder's tokens. Then again, I wouldn't expect much different from a company whose spokespeople still haven't posted in this thread after a week.
    Do not forget the Bilbo's & Frodo's Birthday event that's scheduled to run for a week right behind the close of the Faire. I'm guessing they'll expect us to get our tokens from that, while leaving the drop rate horrendously nerfed. Really hope I'm wrong. Would really appreciate it if Turbine would break their silence on this and just speak to it one way or another; Explain what they're planning to do (or course we know plans can change!) and why they're doing what they're doing.
    Last edited by Moochi; Sep 11 2013 at 05:04 PM.
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Fipiara View Post
    The progress on Firefoot is more likely due to a decent drop rate from landscape mobs even after the Faire started than anything else. Whether it is intentional or not - that's anyone's guess.
    Oh, is that the case? I had no idea. I'm both very happy for you guys & quite envious!
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi View Post
    Do not forget the Bilbo's & Frodo's Birthday event that's scheduled to run for a week right behind the close of the Faire. I'm guessing they'll expect us to get our tokens from that, while leaving the drop rate horrendously nerfed. Really hope I'm wrong. Would really appreciate it if Turbine would break their silence on this and just speak to it one way or another; Explain what they're planning to do (or course we know plans can change!) and why they're doing what they're going.
    That event is gonna be a joke as well. I don't know how many quests there gonna be for that event but the one I know of I found out it takes about 3 hours to complete!!! No way am I gonna sit & spend that amount of time to complete a quest for 1 stinkin bag of tokens which I probably only get 5 tokens.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    That event is gonna be a joke as well. I don't know how many quests there gonna be for that event but the one I know of I found out it takes about 3 hours to complete!!! No way am I gonna sit & spend that amount of time to complete a quest for 1 stinkin bag of tokens which I probably only get 5 tokens.
    It's not just 1 bag of tokens. Its a bag of tokens for each story, then another one at the end if memory serves.

My only real question is if it'll be repeatable.

The time-restrictions for the NPCs on the story-telling makes it likely less efficient than the current festival is for bags per minute.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    It's not just 1 bag of tokens. Its a bag of tokens for each story, then another one at the end if memory serves.

My only real question is if it'll be repeatable.

The time-restrictions for the NPCs on the story-telling makes it likely less efficient than the current festival is for bags per minute.
    Well that's a little better but still if it takes that long to do, I am not sure that is still worth doing.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Its Wed, Did we get an answer on this thread yet from a Dev?

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit1968 View Post
    Its Wed, Did we get an answer on this thread yet from a Dev?
    no............................ ............
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought earning these tokens was supposed to be achievable playing the game as we normally do? Last I checked I didn't grind festivals on all nine of my characters so it would be nice if they would return the drop rates to what they were so I can go back to doing instances while still helping to build the statue.
    Leader of [url=http://hopeandglory.eu]Hope & Glory[/url] LOTRO Division

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernclaw View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought earning these tokens was supposed to be achievable playing the game as we normally do? Last I checked I didn't grind festivals on all nine of my characters so it would be nice if they would return the drop rates to what they were so I can go back to doing instances while still helping to build the statue.
    and leveling alts and doing deeds amd quest to level and get rep..not to have tokens .. :/
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Bag drops have either increased or I've hit a lucky streak.

Farming in Angmar (Iron Crown for Council of the North rep items) and I've gotten around 8 bags in the last half hour.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Using a single character?

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Using a single character?
    Yeah. An 85 hunter who can two shot most enemies and the Gorthogs and Cargul in about five hits. I don't multibox.

Edit: It was probably a lucky streak as I haven't gotten anything since posting that.
    Last edited by LethalLethality; Sep 11 2013 at 08:01 PM.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Edit: It was probably a lucky streak as I haven't gotten anything since posting that.
    I was about to say that, because my own testing hadn't illustrated any kind of rate change. Grats on your bags though!

Thanks for stopping in to update your post!

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHKNYGHT View Post
    Overall, it looks like there has been relatively little net difference in daily Bounder Token donations.
    By now it looks like the continuation of prior donation levels for that first day was just a residual thing or a first-day-of-festival thing on most servers. Windy has slowed down significantly since then. I'm about to donate 35k from four accounts and see if I can make a visible change in the graph.
    A vote for Saruman is a vote for progress! Vote today!

Quote Originally Posted by Evenprimes View Post
    By now it looks like the continuation of prior donation levels for that first day was just a residual thing or a first-day-of-festival thing on most servers. Windy has slowed down significantly since then. I'm about to donate 35k from four accounts and see if I can make a visible change in the graph.
    are your 35k mostly from pre-festival? if not, how are you going about your farming? =)

are your 35k mostly from pre-festival? if not, how are you going about your farming? =)
    Epic festival skills! j/k. Almost entirely pre-festival. I wanted to get to 50k and then donate, but that's not gonna happen now.

Edit: 4200 clicks/keystrokes later...
    Last edited by Evenprimes; Sep 11 2013 at 10:40 PM.
    A vote for Saruman is a vote for progress! Vote today!

Quote Originally Posted by arnorman View Post
    It would have been nice to have been able to barter farmers faire tokens for bounders bags. Maybe 10 for 1 bag. I've got all the cosmetics I want from the fesival, now I run it for the bounders tokens, but have a surplus of faire tokens.
    Good idea. I would certainly welcome this. Since there aren't an abundance of consumables to unlock deeds, like in the other festivals, there is not much purpose to hoarding Farmer's Faire tokens.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Quote Originally Posted by scoughlin View Post
    Then again, I wouldn't expect much different from a company whose spokespeople still haven't posted in this thread after a week.
    What is there to say? "Yes, we lowered the drop rate to stop you from running in circles and killing grey mobs because we want people at the Farmer's Faile. That way we can pretend it's popular and not yet another RNG-based grindfest."
    solien
    armor-plated since SoA alpha 3
    arkenstone: hall of fire & into the west

Observations from killing 600 level 52 mobs in the Old Silvertine City (dragonets, deep-claws and grebdyg) while dual-boxing on 12/09 (server Gilrain). Totals were checked after every 100 mobs killed.

Character 1: Bags - 7, 7, 8, 6, 7, 7. Tokens - 85, 60, 85, 75, 80, 70. Total Bags: 42. Total Tokens: 455.

Character 2: Bags - 9, 3, 8, 3, 8, 5. Tokens - 50, 45, 65, 60, 120, 50. Total Bags: 36. Total Tokens: 390.

Grand total: 78 bags, 845 tokens.

Two lootboxes also dropped.
    Last edited by Alianne_EU; Sep 12 2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Mistyped date

Quote Originally Posted by Alianne_EU View Post
    Observations from killing 600 level 52 mobs in the Old Silvertine City (dragonets, deep-claws and grebdyg) while dual-boxing on 13/09 (server Gilrain). Totals were checked after every 100 mobs killed.

Character 1: Bags - 7, 7, 8, 6, 7, 7. Tokens - 85, 60, 85, 75, 80, 70. Total Bags: 42. Total Tokens: 455.

Character 2: Bags - 9, 3, 8, 3, 8, 5. Tokens - 50, 45, 65, 60, 120, 50. Total Bags: 36. Total Tokens: 390.

Grand total: 78 bags, 845 tokens.

Two lootboxes also dropped.
    Thanks for the report on your observations and keeping check like that. How much tokens did you obtain per hour?

I'm guessing from your numbers that the droprate is still a factor 5 or so below where it was before the festival.

I'm also guessing the current droprate is still just about double from what it was at the start of the event.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast