We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGateTT View Post
    Festival will be extended...as always, rofl.
    Not this time.

Unless there is an unforeseeable downtime like with what happened last weekend.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

the graph is nice, but that still shows when ppl were still doing the festival, i got what i wanted from the festival and with me many others, these won't collect the easy token drops from the festival anymore... i fear we will see a decrease upcoming days...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Remember the festival effect can partly be attributed to everyone completing that first festival quest that simply just ports you there on all their alts.

That effect alone is responsable for quite a few bags of tokens.

OK, its monday and I really would like to hear a Devs response on why the Bounders Bag Drop rate has been dropped to nothing on mob kills. Please.

In front of puter. Thanks, online games. :P
    There are simply not enough drunk hobbits on some servers to go around even to finish "bounder rounds". i've been on Crickhollow all morning long and hardly saw ONE or TWO drunk hobbits. There are never enough eggs to complete the egg race and it seems that the mushrooms are taking longer to respawn than last year. Very frustrating.

You can't hand in tokens if you can't complete the festival quests.
    Crickhollow---Citridyla, Ythrondis, and Hraf. Meneldor--Dockerson, Kariadriel and Thasgar. Gladden--Gamoskorin, Henessy, and Lanthreldras. Firefoot--Amberson and Liedvar. Brandywine--Audny, Egilwine, and Gardihauk. I'm an altoholic, pie-eating fool! :)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieArtisan View Post
    There are simply not enough drunk hobbits on some servers to go around even to finish "bounder rounds".

That's not quite true. Sometimes there is not a drunk hobbit for 10 minutes, but it also happened that I saw 14 wrong sentences in a row.

The elves in Lothlorien are more reliable, but only drink after the sun goes down. Btw, the quests are linked, you can also use the elves to complete the hobbits quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    The elves in Lothlorien are more reliable, but only drink after the sun goes down. Btw, the quests are linked, you can also use the elves to complete the hobbits quest.
    Have you tried that this year? My understanding is that was fixed.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

There are simply not enough drunk hobbits on some servers to go around even to finish "bounder rounds". i've been on Crickhollow all morning long and hardly saw ONE or TWO drunk hobbits. There are never enough eggs to complete the egg race and it seems that the mushrooms are taking longer to respawn than last year. Very frustrating.

You can't hand in tokens if you can't complete the festival quests.
    Not to mention the quest Pond or thief. this quest is so frustrating you stand there and get the same message over and over, "you cant take that" "you cant take that". I don't understand why you would make this quest and have us fish up the same item 30 times. why cant i just fish up the require items and move on. why does it have to Always be RNG to win at quests. its not like you get some fabulous reward if they didn't Nerf the bags i would not be at this festival the rewards are #### other than the bounders tokens its not worth it. I also think that Free player's should have to pay something to do the festivals. like $10 or $20 worth of TP. After all As a VIP I'm paying to play and that translates into paying content.

Just my 2 cents

Everyone would like a response please.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit1968 View Post
    Everyone would like a response please.
    I think silence = we're gonna make everyone rage if we say anything... because the news isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eafinn View Post
    I can indeed confirm that the landscape tokens drop rate has decreased . Yesterday I could easily average 600 an hour. Today, with this drop rate, i cant even be bothered. It is well below 100 an hour.
    Maybe if it was that easy to collect so many of them they needed to decrease the rate?

In front of puter. Thanks, online games. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by enginekid88 View Post
    Maybe if it was that easy to collect so many of them they needed to decrease the rate?
    The problem with nerfing them as world drops means that some people can't jsut do what they prefer, which is raid/deed/quest rather than do the festival to get these. I agree with some saying this was a terrible way to try to herd as many people as possible into doing festivals...now there are so many people who simply dont want to be there except for the Bounder's tokens and it's more difficult (and sometimes impossible) to compelte quests at the Festival.

I happen to LOVE festivals (except summer. I can't stand fishing on a long ten minute timer) but i don't think you should HAVE to do a festival to get the tokens and contribute to the server goal. Everyone is simply much happier doing what they love doing and gathering tokens while at it. We are playing a *game*. We are not working at a *job*.

Furthermore, if yu really "MUST" herd people into the festival, then you need to make amends and increase the amount of drunk hobbits, mushrooms, eggs, etc. to make up for the increased traffic.
    Crickhollow---Citridyla, Ythrondis, and Hraf. Meneldor--Dockerson, Kariadriel and Thasgar. Gladden--Gamoskorin, Henessy, and Lanthreldras. Firefoot--Amberson and Liedvar. Brandywine--Audny, Egilwine, and Gardihauk. I'm an altoholic, pie-eating fool! :)

No response from Devs today on Bounders Bag nerf. I guess they will let us know tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by xDementedx View Post
    I think silence = we're gonna make everyone rage if we say anything... because the news isn't good.
    Nah. I can agree to disagree with a decision that has sound motivation. Even if I don't like it, I won't enter a fit of rage about it.

I do get annoyed when I'm not being informed.

I finally logged on since the beginning of the Bounders Bags and farmers faire events started.

I checked out the festival rewards and wasn't interested, made my way to the festival area in Bywater to complete some quests for the bags, and just couldn't be bothered.

Knowing that the bag drops had been reduced drastically on mob kills, (which I would have happily logged an alt for and went on levelling) I just couldn't muster the will and logged out.

I hope that at the end of the festival (or preferably before for anyone who is in the same boat as me with regards to the festival) they increase the drop rate back to what it was as I'm looking forward to levelling alts and gathering as many tokens as I can both for donation and rewards.

I'm not looking for sleep inducing boredom as an incentive. I really don't want to moan about it, but I don't have a lot of time to play at the moment and I would like to just come on and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by xDementedx View Post
    Well i assume now that the drop rate is intentional, what would interest me more is if the drop rate will go back up after the faire.

Just for the record though i do like the faire but taking 6 characters through it just to get a decent token amount has worn me out by now.
    Nothing here matters.

So the no-life players already got enough tokens to barter anything they want when the even is completed. But what about the players who are not logged in 24/7? I don't want to do some silly repeatable festival quests in order to get enough tokens. I spend my time in PvMP and i cannot get enough tokens from killing mobs in there. Why reduce the number after you increased it?

Spent 2 hours tonight in a RAID farming an Orc camp. Probably defeated a thousand orcs? Afterwards I added up all the bounders tokens and it came out to 100.

100 Bounders tokens after 1000 orcs is indeed low. In fact there is no way I could even dream of getting the 1500 token steed now. I still need 1400 tokens

Furthermore, if yu really "MUST" herd people into the festival, then you need to make amends and increase the amount of drunk hobbits, mushrooms, eggs, etc. to make up for the increased traffic.
    Yup. I'd go so far as to say that people in general don't like being herded. It's bad enough that we are herded into some sadist's vision of a marxist utopia where everyone mindlessly donates to "the common good." Since that mentality was accepted by the masses (relatively easily), the source of currency for the donations is limited to herd us further into participation in the mind-numbing repetitive grind of a "festival."

Assuming manning the festival was the goal here... Instead of offering something as a reward separate from the token grind already in place, we need to participate in the festival just to continue that grind. Instead of making the festival something better or nearly as good as what was offered by the tokens and making it a choice rather than a requirement -- because making it better would've been so much harder? (we all know how dreadfully hard and painstaking it must have been to add goodies like bounders' token bags to the reward/drop tables) -- someone somewhere decided that restricting our choice would further some other goal... somehow...

Someone somewhere forgot that it's a game played for fun by many types of people and that those people often have real life jobs and/or school that keep them from playing 24 hours a day which *seems* to be required, in some cases, for meeting the goal of 1,750,000 tokens donated before the release of Helm's Deep (the projected date of which nobody is even allowed to know!).

Would it really be such a game breaker if the drop rates remained high and everyone got the rewards for meeting the server goals and bought all the items they wanted from the vendors before Helm's Deep was released? I seriously doubt it -- the items offered aren't all that great. It also wouldn't be impossible to come up with a next level goal of say 6,000,000 tokens donated or even a repeat of the 1,750,000 for even greater or different rewards and just keep resetting it until Helm's Deep if keeping people occupied was the goal.

The fact is that we are playing a *fantasy* MMORPG and the only limits imposed are those of the imaginations of the developers and their management. Whoever decided that this was the best way to implement this part of the game in this way is doing nobody any favors -- at the same time as making the majority of their player base unhappy they are insulting their staff by calling them unimaginative slackers, and probably decreasing their player base yet again. I guess it's okay as long as we can all blame Sapience instead of the real culprits ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by lindt View Post
    I seriously doubt it -- the items offered aren't all that great. It also wouldn't be impossible to come up with a next level goal of say 6,000,000 tokens donated or even a repeat of the 1,750,000 for even greater or different rewards and just keep resetting it until Helm's Deep if keeping people occupied was the goal.)
    In fact as the bounder token took off (when the drop rate was bumped) I suspected that some clever bod over at turbine might even do this...the feedback from 'devs' was positive and forums were openly positive

The reality of what has happened is very sad and I hope lessons are learnt at TURBINE, more so as missed opportunities abound...

The fact that the FF would also contribute tokens to a big grind would have undoubtedly have increased participation of said event even from the normal festival avoiders...

The fact is that we are playing a *fantasy* MMORPG and the only limits imposed are those of the imaginations of the developers and their management. Whoever decided that this was the best way to implement this part of the game in this way is doing nobody any favors -- at the same time as making the majority of their player base unhappy they are insulting their staff by calling them unimaginative slackers, and probably decreasing their player base yet again.
    The reality of what has happened is very sad and I hope lessons are learnt at TURBINE, more so as missed opportunities abound...

The fact that the FF would also contribute tokens to a big grind would have undoubtedly have increased participation of said event even from the normal festival avoiders...

I guess it's okay as long as we can all blame Sapience instead of the real culprits ;-
    I suspect the 'devs' are ridiculously busy at the moment...a pity because someone from TURBINE should be saying something and as the wait gets longer the crowd gets angrier...
    Hopefully no-one has said, "Let them eat Farmers Faire Cake."

Sapience is normally out here doing a great job putting out these fires and this FIRE is burning bright, going to be hard to put out...
    Last edited by tsunamimc; Sep 10 2013 at 09:53 AM.
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

This weekend (including a Monday off work while I was stuck at home waiting for furniture to be delivered)

2 successful Tier III skirmishes
    2 successful trips into the Great Barrow
    1 trip through The Inn of the Forsakem
    At least a half dozen patrols across the landscape killing wights, goblins, wargs, and spiders 5 levels above character level (so not bulk one-shotting mobs)

15 Bounder tokens.

No pony for me.
    Last edited by Tiempko; Sep 10 2013 at 10:01 AM.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group on Landroval currently capped at Level 45 in eastern Angmar for all Shadows of Angmar end-game content (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

like i did expect... we used to do 100k a day... atm we don't even do 30k a day... like this i really doubt if we will make it...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

I've had my fill of the Faire. Usually this is one of my favorite faires. The problem is that everyone has been herded into it for Bounder's Tokens, and folks who normally wouldn't be doing the festival, and who don't even like it, are doing it just for the bags. That means increased traffic, and increased nastiness and competition in the egg and mushroom quests. I'd fully intended on taking my main toon and several of my alts through all the festival quests and completing them this year.

Not now. I've been doing Mirkwood on my RK instead. :P Much more fun, and I needed to do it anyway. But I really wish I was getting some tokens for doing so.

And after slaying my way through four whole mini zones, over three days, involving hundreds of enemies, I got TWO whopping bags of Bounder's Tokens.

But I'm not going back to the Faire. The lag and wretchedness simply isn't worth it.
    Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar, tenn’ Ambar-metta!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    like i did expect... we used to do 100k a day... atm we don't even do 30k a day... like this i really doubt if we will make it...
    I'm pretty sure they will pull each server to the finish line somehow, i can only imagine the outrage if a server doesn't meet the goal.
    Still the numbers turned in atm are generally discouraging.
    Nothing here matters.

Unhappy

Day 6 since 1st post, No reply at all from Turbine, my first impression about this was correct, they don't care nor even have the courtesy to reply with either a positive outcome or a it stays as it is. Good manners clearly aren't important, when good game play isn't either.
    I'm doing the daily grind of the fair on 2 alts, the last 2 days i've not completed Egg scramble once because of the ridiculous low amount of eggs, its a joke to charge 5 mithril coins if we want to reset it, so even the chance of a bag tokens is taken away. Yesterday 1 alt managed 115 tokens total from festival.

Some of my kin only have 1/2 alts, and can only play at a weekend, they have zero chance of achieving anything.

There is so much negativity about the game at the moment, Turbine should be trying harder to appease players, not making long term players move away from the game and looking to other games for their enjoyment.

Bring back the drop rate to pre festival before you lose, upset and frustrate even more players

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast