We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    I think the problem is that Turbine didn't think people would deliberately farm the tokens, but instead, just play the game like normal.

But people did farm, which likely led to way more tokens being gathered than they had projected (isn't one German server already done?), which means that instead of being a contest where people can get some store goodies, people can get huge amounts of them.

That's really the trouble with MMORPGs - a few people, farmers, ruin the game for everyone else. But you'd think MMORPG designers would know this by now. (Actually some do and will decrease the drop rate the more time you spend in an area, so you can only farm for an hour or two at most)

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    I think the problem is that Turbine didn't think people would deliberately farm the tokens, but instead, just play the game like normal.

But people did farm, which likely led to way more tokens being gathered than they had projected (isn't one German server already done?), which means that instead of being a contest where people can get some store goodies, people can get huge amounts of them.

That's really the trouble with MMORPGs - a few people, farmers, ruin the game for everyone else. But you'd think MMORPG designers would know this by now. (Actually some do and will decrease the drop rate the more time you spend in an area, so you can only farm for an hour or two at most)

Of course people were going to farm. Turbine would have been naive to think otherwise. And if they were really concerned about that, there are other ways it could have been prevented.
    [b]Alistel - Lvl 83 - Elf - Lore-master * Calix - Lvl 60 - Man - Captain * Victore - Lvl 39 - Man - Minstrel * Aurielle - Lvl 38 - Woman - Guardian * Wulfic - Lvl 36 - Elf - Hunter * Rhoren - Lvl 18 - Hobbit - Burglar * Bjoric - Lvl 25 - Man - Warden * Viiviana - Lvl 14 - Elf - Rune-keeper[/b]

Turbine didn't think people would deliberately farm the tokens
    If that's the case, why did they incentivize farming so: "it will display in perpetuity all those who worked hardest"?
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

How did the farmers ruin the game for everyone? your still going to have to get the tokens to barter with.

Thumbs down Ugh.. I dislike stealthnerfs to randomized things.

Farming for tokens is playing the random game. Playing any random game is all about knowing you're up against reasonable odds v.s. rewards.

I was farming (and making sure -not- ruining anyone else game, it's not that hard there's enough mobs for everyone!). And I was thinking is this my bad luck or what?

Turns out it's a stealthnerf.

Turbine, when will you learn that messing with the odds of a random loot chance stealthily like this is rather bad form from the DM point of view! There's a reason roulette tables and blackjack have sound constant rules. It allows the player to pick the odds they want. It puts the player in a minimum degree of control. It keeps the game 'fair play' even though the bank Always wins.

The least you could have done was announce it. I know there's a lot going on between bèta and all, still I'd ask you to review your communication policy on these on-the-fly droptable changes. Openness would be appreciated, and since we find out anyway (most of the time), it's not like there'll be less whining about it.

Which brings me to my final point. Whine. I mean a polite petitio.. erm request Could you please bring back the droprate as it was the day before the Farmer's Faire? I rather came to enjoy a bit of daily mindless grinding, with tokens as it's incentive. And I saw plenty of likeminded folk.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Rainothon; Sep 06 2013 at 03:00 AM. Reason: unintentional stumbling into profanity filter

Did a couple of slayer deeds after the reduced droprate, 520 mobs killed (plus any incidental extras, perhaps 800 total) and in that time had four bags looted.

I've spent the Bounties time happily finishing old deeds (my virtues in use are already 16-18) and had good sense of satisfaction looting these extras. Now it feels a bit off-putting. I still run the festival activities, it's just during the cool times for that stuff it's not as interesting now as it was to head out and mop up deeds before loot rate was dropped back to near zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanbor View Post
    How did the farmers ruin the game for everyone? your still going to have to get the tokens to barter with.
    In this case they didn't, really. It was very bad when people had farm raids for gold stuff.

Well, also now the farmers stand afk somewhere and kill everything in sight. The stairs to Helegrod are farmed a lot, so people who are on the quests or have to finish the deeds have a hard time to do their stuff unless they join the farmers.
    But it's not as bad as it used to be. This time not so much gold comes to the game (increasing the inflation), since also low levels drop the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    Whine. I mean a polite petitio.. erm request Could you please bring back the droprate as it was the day before the Farmer's Faire? I rather came to enjoy a bit of daily mindless grinding, with tokens as it's incentive. And I saw plenty of likeminded folk.
    Its a petition? Signed!

Like your edit reason: unintentional stumbling into profanity filter...
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Well i did the farmer's faire yesterday, with my 6 characters i can yield about 54 bags in about an hour doing the not so tedious quests.
    Scolding Drunks,throwing vegetables, Helping the Shopkeeper 6 times, and supplying the farm hand(this one is debatable since it requires running). I takes about 10 minutes to do all 9 so 6*9 bags.
    Completely skipping the fishing quests and events because the payout is not guaranteed and they are mostly based on luck.
    The mayor talks too sporadic IMO which makes it take too long.
    The races are ok but too long of a run to get to.

So around 270 - 1080 tokens an hour give or take on which extra quests you do. Which isn't horrible but then i'm done for the day with no reliable way left to gain tokens, which is somewhat discouraging.
    Nothing here matters.

I've been running full fellowships on low-level landscape mobs, just decimating everything in sight. I hadn't been taking notes, but this morning I did.

Total mobs killed: 250.
    Character 1: 15 bags, 165 tokens.
    Character 2: 13 bags, 200 tokens.
    Character 3: 9 bags, 90 tokens.
    Character 4: 19 bags, 180 tokens.
    Character 5: 20 bags, 215 tokens.
    Character 6: 20 bags, 210 tokens.

Grand total: 96 bags, 1060 tokens. Time: Probably a bit over an hour, but I did keep stopping to write down the exact totals at various points.

Important to note is that lots of casual players are coming back to the game for the farmers faire, so there are more players collecting tokens

yeah i noticed the reduced drop rate. 150 kills and i got 1 bag with 5 tokens. guess i wont get that tier 3 deed done any time soon. lol

got about 100 g tho from the junk loot so at least its not a total waste.

Every new grind they introduce is 'expected' not to be farmed, yet they all are. Even the very low chance ones, which is just sad.
    It is either WAI, or they really need to repeat the mistake maybe like a dozen times until it hits them. I've no idea which it is, don't really see a 3rd option, and both these are not exactly admirable. It is loose-loose design in my eyes.

Wow...people are lucky to kill only 150 mobs and get entire 1 bag.
    Lame "festival" quests, at least on Withywindle, are impossible due to:
    1) enormous number of players and no layers
    2) quests require to run across all Shire
    3) payout (5 tokens) is way too low.

ALianne, may I ask in which region was you so succesfull with farming tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post
    Lame "festival" quests
    Hi Naktie Amazed to see how busy Bywater was on Landroval...

Not a fan of festivals but I can tell a lot of other players are...mind you a lot of players came back and were enjoying bounder token farming...

that just got nerfed and I really cannot see why it should be so...both groups of players should be kept happy

I will keep chugging on with levelling and deeding and turning in tokens as it goes...
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Quote Originally Posted by Alianne_EU View Post
    I've been running full fellowships on low-level landscape mobs, just decimating everything in sight. I hadn't been taking notes, but this morning I did.

Total mobs killed: 250.
    Character 1: 15 bags, 165 tokens.
    Character 2: 13 bags, 200 tokens.
    Character 3: 9 bags, 90 tokens.
    Character 4: 19 bags, 180 tokens.
    Character 5: 20 bags, 215 tokens.
    Character 6: 20 bags, 210 tokens.

Grand total: 96 bags, 1060 tokens. Time: Probably a bit over an hour, but I did keep stopping to write down the exact totals at various points.
    Hi, what server was this? I want your numbers on Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    Hi Naktie Amazed to see how busy Bywater was on Landroval...

Not a fan of festivals but I can tell a lot of other players are...mind you a lot of players came back and were enjoying bounder token farming...

that just got nerfed and I really cannot see why it should be so...both groups of players should be kept happy

I will keep chugging on with levelling and deeding and turning in tokens as it goes...
    Yeah actually i do enjoy the festival it's my first time doing it and the quests are fun (the events are too aggravating for me).
    Usually i do all the quests of a festival on one or two characters, now i do them on all characters to get a decent token payout, and i do it in the most effective way thereby skipping the longer quests, since my usual way of getting tokens has been nerfed.
    Personally i'd rather farm tokens like before, then when im satisfied with my turn out i do the Farmers faire leisurely with the characters i want to do it.

Now i know i don't HAVE to farm tokens but i like to have alot :P, giving avenues for people to pick seems like a win-win to me, choice is always good.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post

ALianne, may I ask in which region was you so succesfull with farming tokens?
    Slugs and flies in Rushock Bog.

This is on Gilrain, where we need all the help we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianne_EU View Post

This is on Gilrain, where we need all the help we can get.
    This is the biggest problem with reduced droprates, realistically the smaller servers have little or no chance of reaching the 1.75million goal, yet again turbine have locked the stable door after the horse has bolted, Droprates SHOULD be according to server population size, to give everyone a fair chance at achieving their goals, alternatively leave them all high so all Servers have a realistic chance of an end result.

Those that work hard will gain the greatest reward-this no longer applies, what they should have said was `those with small populations-don't bother`
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

my results

Short: I am seeing a 6 to 7 times smaller drop rate in landscape after farmers faire have started.

Long:
    How and what?

- 6 man group (with high lvl one, shooting everything for deeds and stuff on the way in reach)
    - deeds shire (discoveries, wolfs, slugs, bandits, harvest, spider, goblin)
    - deeds ered luin (discoveries, brigands, hendroval, spider, goblins, wolfs) (NOT Sanur)
    - deeds Breeland (discoveries, brigands, neeker, sickle fly, orcs, trees, barghest, barrow spider, barrow wights, barrow ghosts)
    - deeds lonelands (spider, goblin, wargs, orcs, craban, wights, trolls +45 quests forsaken inn up to Ost Guruth)

Note: slightly more kills during run#1 because of longer running between quests hubs back and forth
    (bree +45 quests, ered +30 quests)

Bounder tokens gathered:
    ========================

Code:
    run#1 (before farmers faire)
    ----------------------------------------------
    char    bree    shire    eredluin    lonelands
    1        1630    405        420            1090
    2        1695    305        550            980
    3        1925    285        535            1205
    4        1625    220        430            1040
    5        1620    350        575            1125
    6        1780    470        490            715
            1713    339        500            1026
    ==============================================
    Code:
    run #2 (after farmers faire)
    char    bree    shire    eredluin    lonelands
    1        135        95        135            100
    2        280        55        95            125
    3        150        20        55            135
    4        295        85        60            170
    5        235        35        50            100
    6        310        45        35            315
            234        56        72            158
    Code:
    compare run #1 vs #2
    run        bree    shire    eredluin    lonelands
    #1        1713    339        500            1026
    #2        234        56        72            158
    ratio:     ~7        ~6        ~7            ~7
    So 6 to 7 times less drops
    Last edited by Runebald; Sep 06 2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: added lonelands, typo

Yesterday i was farming dwarves for about 15 minutes and only got 1 or 2 bags in total, and i farmed them with 6x rank 7 BA's...

Today just clearing HH, killed a bunch of norbogs and got a total of 2 bags.

Definitely lowered the droprate. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Runebald View Post
    Short: I see 6 to 7 times smaller drop rate then before farmers faire started in landscape.

Long:

So 6 to 7 times less drops

* tbd, updating lonelands once I am finished with run#2.
    Great post! Thanks for sharing this, which clearly shows the wide disparity between before and after.
    Please also tell us how much playtime the run took, so people can compare that against hourly Faire aquisition rates. Not to mention, its not so easy to fest on 6.
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I've been doing deeds on a couple of characters so killing quite a lot of mobs. Since Faire started I've got 1 measly bag drop in 2 days. Before that I was getting enough to give me several hundred tokens at least per evening.

I had been farming an orc camp in Lone Lands from last Wednesday until this Tuesday while getting an average of 350 tokens an hour (up to 450) with very minimal effort. On Wednesday I noticed something was very different, I did a 1 hour run and only got 180 tokens. I had been getting a bag every 10-15 mobs previously, but that number dropped to maybe one out of 30 if I'm lucky.

I'm guessing that Turbine isn't saying anything again because they know they screwed up, just like when they said they were converting all festival tokens to one currency and have refused to address why that never happened. They likely way underestimated how quickly the larger servers would hit the goal, and now they've punched the panic button and lowered the drop rate. Pretty poor move making it harder for smaller servers to catch up, it makes some people not want to try anymore.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

I got my 4k tokens and 300tp from Deeds in 3 days .. I cant complain.. Imo the drop rates were a bit too high to begin with.. I assume there are some
    multi- boxers that farmed more then 50k by now...
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast