We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Well, AFAIK, things haven't changed since this was posted:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...nition-Details
    Oh ok i remember that one. Actually i guess i said all there was to say in that thread since nothing changed from then.
    Last edited by Thorwyn99; Oct 18 2013 at 07:32 PM.
    Nothing here matters.

Ugh. So I've played approximately eight hours today, and had, I think... three bags? One of them had 70 tokens, but the other two were 5 each. This is really really frustrating. I can't wait for the next festival. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by somnomania View Post
    Ugh. So I've played approximately eight hours today, and had, I think... three bags? One of them had 70 tokens, but the other two were 5 each. This is really really frustrating. I can't wait for the next festival. x_x
    What did you do during those 8 hours?

On Oct 5th I posted because I spent two hours getting 20 tokens. But then I found a satisfactory place to kill enemies, spent around 30-90 minutes a day aiming for 100 tokens. Some days I got a little more, some a little less. Last night I hit 1500 and got the horse.

When I tried to combine farming with killing level 85 mobs I got barely anything, it was far too slow. Small camps with low respawn also slowed it down too much. Get a sweet spot and wipe out big, AOE groups.

I also made nearly 200g from rep item/scholar item/trash sales!
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Th server I'm playing on reached the Bounder's donation goal on September 22nd. Until then I had donated everything I could, thus starting out with less than 50 tokens when the Bounders' buff kicked in. Yesterday I finally hit 1500 tokens and could buy the horse for my main, not having spent tokens on anything else. So the drop rate does look a bit underwhelming to me, especially as I still have 8 alts who'd like to get that horse, too.

I really hope the Harvestmath festival will offer plenty of opportunities to earn more tokens and that some of them involve the horse races rather than the haunted burrow.

One thing I have noticed though, and it may be a purely subjective misconception on my part: When I accept the initial Bounders' Bounty quest to bring 5 tokens to Michel Delving and then just ignore it, letting it sit in my quest log for the rest of the gaming session, I seem to get a somewhat better drop rate then when I decline that quest. I don't know if there really is any influence along these lines and this certainly won't help anybody who's completed that quest already, but it cannot hurt to try to get that hypothetical little boost, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    What did you do during those 8 hours?

On Oct 5th I posted because I spent two hours getting 20 tokens. But then I found a satisfactory place to kill enemies, spent around 30-90 minutes a day aiming for 100 tokens. Some days I got a little more, some a little less. Last night I hit 1500 and got the horse.

When I tried to combine farming with killing level 85 mobs I got barely anything, it was far too slow. Small camps with low respawn also slowed it down too much. Get a sweet spot and wipe out big, AOE groups.

I also made nearly 200g from rep item/scholar item/trash sales!
    I was on my 70 and working in Moria, on both unfinished quests and slayer deeds. I was murdering stuff pretty constantly. But I'll probably work on lower-level-area deeds today, or just go farm Sarnur or something.

Just a quick note. Back to the 1-2 bags an hour, but some even better luck, so far; the past couple of days, 3/4 of the bags have been 20 tokens

was just discussing this with a kinnie. they did reduce it for the fest. i only have 50 tokens since the fest. i hope they increase it. i'd like the steed.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Yesterday I killed about 150 mobs and received 12 bags. That's a "ok" drop rate - and I got a deed done.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    but it cannot hurt to try to get that hypothetical little boost, can it?
    So true...

Gone bagless again for me...killing loads of stuff in first area of Moria

I have seen my slayer deeding rate go from minimum 1, maximum 6 with 3/4 typical to minimum 1, maximum 12 with 5 to 8 typical. It is streaky but that's expected with a base 2% drop rate from mobs that have loot in their tables.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Drop rates so unpredictable

Last Wednesday I logged into my VIP account and was rewarded with a Bountiful Bounder Bag (or something like that) from the weekly gold Hobbit present which contained 100 tokens. This was enough to get the horse for my VIP alt, so I decided to fellow with an FTP lowbie to grind some deeds.

So, in South Bree with my 85 Hunter and a 41 Champion we averaged one Bounder's Bag every 3 minutes over the course of an hour while slaying mobs in the 15-20 range. Pretty even distribution of bags between toons, but most bags had only 5 tokens.

Went back to the exact same spot with the same 85 Hunter and a different 15 Hunter on Friday and one hour later we had a total of six bags. Four for me and two for the lowbie. I felt like I wasted the lowbie's time (she did complete deeds, but was after the tokens).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019afcb/signature.png]Kriik[/charsig]

Hoping the festival brings about some bags. My usual spot to hunt these bags has resulted in pretty much nothing today.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    Gone bagless again for me...killing loads of stuff in first area of Moria
    Quoting myself is strange...

As if someone was reading this last night I netted about 6 bags but well over 100 tokens...I got my first 70 token bag!

I went and handed 600 token in for deeds (and XP...) still a long way off from DEED 3 completion....

Quoting myself is strange...
    Quoting myself quoting myself is stranger...

Over 100 tokens from Haunted burrow today and nearly 300 from levelling in Moria and Captain questing in Angmar...(two 70 bags!)

23 more deposits needed for DEED 3: 750 more tokens needed...

maybe the tokens floweth again!

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Just a Gladden update for October 28th. I ran with a kinmate tonight.

Area- Sarnur Great Hall
    Log Start- 10/28 @ 09:50 PM
    Log End- 10/28 @ 10:43 PM
    Total Time- 53 minutes
    Enemies Killed- 839
    Kills Per minute- 15.83
    Bags Acquired- 13 Myself / 9 Kinmate

Code:
        Line 121: [10/28 09:51:24 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 382: [10/28 09:53:26 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1083: [10/28 09:59:18 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1226: [10/28 10:00:42 PM] Lysseth has acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1699: [10/28 10:04:45 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1909: [10/28 10:06:36 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2145: [10/28 10:08:36 PM] Lysseth has acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2447: [10/28 10:11:12 PM] Lysseth has acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2556: [10/28 10:12:22 PM] Lysseth has acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2731: [10/28 10:13:50 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2957: [10/28 10:15:23 PM] Lysseth has acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 3132: [10/28 10:17:05 PM] Lysseth has acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 3175: [10/28 10:17:20 PM] Lysseth has acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 3404: [10/28 10:19:05 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 4032: [10/28 10:24:31 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 4178: [10/28 10:25:36 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 4556: [10/28 10:28:53 PM] Lysseth has acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 4633: [10/28 10:29:25 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 5011: [10/28 10:32:43 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 5512: [10/28 10:36:54 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 5516: [10/28 10:36:54 PM] Lysseth has acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 5635: [10/28 10:37:59 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
    Kills Per Bag- 64.53 Myself / 93.2 Kinmate
    Tokens Acquired- 115 Myself / 70 Kinmate
    Tokens Per Bag- 8.84 Myself / 7.77 Kinmate

I just returned to the game recently and started up a new character because I love doing that. After a few days of doing the Haunted Burrow and leveling to 17, I had enough to buy the all-in-one tool and the pocket xp item and I still have 250 left over. It seems like a pretty fair drop rate. If I played more I could easily get enough for the mount in those activities. I like the look of the mount, so I'm going to try and hammer it out before HD launches.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I just returned to the game recently... ...It seems like a pretty fair drop rate.
    Welcome back

Yeah of course you can grind out the bounders bags from the festivals but the point of this thread has been the landscape drop rate...ie from normal play...

Again it looks like it has been lowered...or just bad luck again..2 days 1 or 2 landscape drops and 3 or 4 bags from Haunted Burrow (one of which was a 70!)...

I hope they haven't lowered it again as it was looking like I could wrap up deed 3 without having to go crazy at the festival and therefore keep levelling my Captain in Moria!

Welcome back

Yeah of course you can grind out the bounders bags from the festivals but the point of this thread has been the landscape drop rate...ie from normal play...

Again it looks like it has been lowered...or just bad luck again..2 days 1 or 2 landscape drops and 3 or 4 bags from Haunted Burrow (one of which was a 70!)...

I hope they haven't lowered it again as it was looking like I could wrap up deed 3 without having to go crazy at the festival and therefore keep levelling my Captain in Moria!
    I guess I just didn't specifically pay attention to how many bags I received from questing, so I hear what you're saying. I smashed out some deed kills and farmed leather for crafting and it does seem the bag drop rate is abysmal. I can see how people would be upset by it. I guess they just really want people participating in the festival. It's two sided: On the one hand, many people are tired of those activities after so long but on the other it manages to keep outdated content relevant. I'm of the opinion that all playstyles should be rewarded, so maybe they should let grinding kills be more effective.
    BAD WOLF

Yesterday I got stuck on book 7 chapter 8 with my hunter. It took 43 trys, a retooling of my virtues, and adding triple traps to my weapons list, to finally get it. Not a single bag dropped the entire time. Then back to eregion to get a few "killum" quests done. 3 bags in 20 minutes. So bag drops seem real hit and miss.

Ugh. I just finally dragged myself back to the game after a week, since the festival's going on. Now the tedium is coming from doing the repeatable quests on all three characters to maximize the tokens. This is supposed to be fun and rewarding, not a painful chore; I shouldn't feel like I NEED to play LotRO to get grinding time in so I can get the stupid horse before HD launches.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    Yesterday I got stuck on book 7 chapter 8 with my hunter. It took 43 trys, a retooling of my virtues, and adding triple traps to my weapons list, to finally get it.
    Facinated...The Gates of Carn Dûm Instance? I have yet to do it, as I went straight to Moria....

OK hoping for bags full of tokens...

Facinated...The Gates of Carn Dûm Instance? I have yet to do it, as I went straight to Moria....

OK hoping for bags full of tokens...
    Ya that would be it. I think the real problem was doing it with the hunter, he did nice damage till they were up on him, then he just couldn't drop them fast enough for Lorniel not to get killed. I'm sure I will do better with my champ and guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    I think the real problem was doing it with the hunter, he did nice damage till they were up on him...
    Yeah I remember really struggling with some real easy quests with my Hunter...if they get to the NPC you cannot AoE them off (quick enough at least) them to save them...

Dropped 1 bag in Moria and got 7 from Haunted Barrow last night...3 hours of 'normal play'...

I am not sure you can read this but I wasted most of my morning at work making it!

[yeah...just spotted the spelling of Sauron!...oops!]
    Nice, tsunamimc, really, really nice!

A BOMB? Are you sure that goblin was from Middle Earth, and not from Vana'diel? Perhaps he was lost, and thus did not understand your demands.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast