We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    The bag drop rate may have increased for some, but mine vanished. 10 hours Monday and got 1, 8 hours yesterday and nothing. I was questing; not farming, so kill rate varied from 50 in an hour to half a dozen.
    As I said, I'm certainly glad I'm not trying to get anything from the bounder token venders. Now if I had a big yard with a lot of hooks, or if my characters were high enough level to take advantage of some of the items, that might be different.

All I noticed about an increase in tokens/bags was that the other day when I started farming I was suddenly getting the occasional bag with 70 tokens in it. Since then, it seems like that's vanished; I just spent about two hours doing slayer deeds with a 1-2 shot per enemy speed, and I got all of 65 tokens total. I want the steed, I wouldn't mind the toolkit, I'd like the dragon painting but it's not crucial, and I'm only at about 600 tokens in my wallet. I realize there's a balance between easy and having to work for what you want, but this is becoming a real chore, and things in mmos should not be a chore, something that the player dreads having to work on because it's SO mind-numbing. I'm used to rep grinds from both LOTRO and WoW, but that sort of thing has concrete stopping places. This is just grind and hope that it's a good day for bag drops. I can't spend hours and hours just mindlessly killing mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Loved this video pew pew to the extreme!

I blogged it, hope you don't mind: http://tsuhelm.wordpress.com/2013/10...ild-in-sarnur/

(so that is another 10 people that may watch it...LOL)

Now back to topic: 1 bag in 2 days and I don't know if I am hallucinating but I think it may have dropped in a Tucky Skirmish...is that even possible?

Deed 3 still a lonnnggggg way away!
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    Loved this video pew pew to the extreme!

I blogged it, hope you don't mind: http://tsuhelm.wordpress.com/2013/10...ild-in-sarnur/

(so that is another 10 people that may watch it...LOL)

Now back to topic: 1 bag in 2 days and I don't know if I am hallucinating but I think it may have dropped in a Tucky Skirmish...is that even possible?

Deed 3 still a lonnnggggg way away!
    I don't mind. I still didn't expect a ###### video to have nearly fifty views though. I'd probably actually record more if I had the internet to do it. It took me forty minutes to upload that even after killing the audio quality and recording at half the size of my display resolution.

On topic, yeah, bags will drop from skirms and instances.

Personal views since I last farmed: I've gotten a handful of bags on Ryeberry while questing through Evendim. Not many though.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Still no tokens for me since I first posted, oh...ten pages ago.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]On the naughty list since 1959.[/COLOR]

I don't mind. I still didn't expect a ###### video to have nearly fifty views though. I'd probably actually record more if I had the internet to do it. It took me forty minutes to upload that even after killing the audio quality and recording at half the size of my display resolution.

On topic, yeah, bags will drop from skirms and instances.

Personal views since I last farmed: I've gotten a handful of bags on Ryeberry while questing through Evendim. Not many though.
    Can they drop from normal mobs in Skirmishes ? So far it seems to me they can only drop on stuff that offers loot in the first place, like a skirmish lieutenant.
    Nothing here matters.

6 hours yesterday and nothing. I did the return the weapons creates in the north downs; where you go through all these trolls to get the the bottom cavern to fight the people down there and kill the troll master/handler. Killed ever troll in the place, most of the men at the last, not one bag. I'm going to blow this off and just not waste any more time keeping up with it, just isn't worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Can they drop from normal mobs in Skirmishes ? So far it seems to me they can only drop on stuff that offers loot in the first place, like a skirmish lieutenant.
    I doubt it, as normal mobs shouldn't be dropping loot. I see people saying it, but I don't know if they mean off each mob or from the final box.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    I'm going to blow this off and just not waste any more time keeping up with it, just isn't worth the effort.
    Havn't been farming bounder's bags since they nerfed the drop rate for the FF...but I do like when I find them through my 'normal' play and I must say am dropping the same if not LESS than when it was nerfed!

Not going to stop playing and therefore I wont stop following this until the 'event' finishes...
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    I doubt it, as normal mobs shouldn't be dropping loot. I see people saying it, but I don't know if they mean off each mob or from the final box.
    I think they drop off lieutenants, encounter minibosses and skirm bosses, but not fodder enemies.

I haven't done a lot of skirms lately, but I've gotten a couple from them.
    And Fourteen Other Alts

I've been meaning to do a Skirmish Day on my alts. Yeah, I need the Marks. That said, mobs in skirmishes don't drop anything but coin, as far as I can remember; excepting the LTs, Encounters and the Boss. Sometimes the Boss doesn't drop anything, only the chest. Sometimes the Boss drops something and there's no chest (T3 skraids, excepting ... should be a challenge chest in one form or fashion there).
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

OK, so since I posted about the low rate I've actually gotten down to some proper farming and have easily hit my targets of 100 a day - and I only play for an hour or less.

As seen, if you're 'farming' in skirmishes you're just wasting time on fodder mobs that don't drop bags. You didn't kill 50 enemies for 50 chances at a bag, you killed 4. Big waste of time. I also see people saying 'I farmed [Wildermore area]' and, well, you're just not going to be killing those as fast as someone wiping out lesser grey mobs in lower areas.

You need a fast killing character, preferably with a strong ranged attack so you don't have to run up to each mob, you need a high density area with lots of groups of enemies so you can just run up and down it, constantly killing without having to stop. Remember respawns are faster these days than they used to be. There are places where the beginning has respawned before you reach the end.

I putter about my chosen area, shing-shing them all down (only ever using the champion), run back and forth and at a rough guess I'd say it's about a 5-10% chance of a drop. One day I got no bags in my hour, another I got about 9. Sometimes you get lucky with +20 token bags, and twice I've been lucky with +70 ones.

Have a good farm - ie: not 85 mobs, not a small camp with 10 things in it and a 5 minute respawn time. Something with groups you can one-shot with an AOE. Stick at it. It's not so bad. Sarnur's a bit crowded atm, I think.

Somewhere with rep you can flog on the AH, too, nice financial bonus
    Last edited by Lilka; Oct 18 2013 at 02:18 AM.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Just sharing my experience to add on to previous observations.

First week of September I grouped for Carn Dum (complete) and received 7 or 8 bounder's bags. Earlier tonight I did another Carn Dum run, and received 1 bag total.

The change is significant to say the least...
    Éala Éarendel engla beorhtast / ofer middangeard monnum sended / and sodfasta sunnan leoma, / tohrt ofer tunglas þu tida gehvane / of sylfum þe symle inlihtes.

As seen, if you're 'farming' in skirmishes you're just wasting time on fodder mobs that don't drop bags. You didn't kill 50 enemies for 50 chances at a bag, you killed 4. Big waste of time.
    I didn't mean to imply that you can farm in skirmishes, I was just shocked to see a bag drop from doing a skirmish!

Entered Mines of Moria yesterday and 'Orange' goblins gave me 4 bags in an hour: 25 tokens!

If I wanted to farm I suppose I could try killing aurouchs in North downs if I wanted quick kill and fast respawn - can always sell the sturdies afterwards...or even quicker wolf's den north of Bree...and sell med hides...

I don't know if a switch has been flicked, but today's drop rate has been amazing. Two horses could be a possibility. I didn't keep a tally of what I earned, but it was over 100 in half an hour. I'll tally next time.

Imagine my delight that I finally got a Bounders Token bag today for the first time since Farmer's Fair and got 5 tokens.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]On the naughty list since 1959.[/COLOR]

There might be something to the double xp thing affecting the bag drop rate. I noticed an increase from my usual always get one, typically get 4 to 6 going to 10 to 15 when we had the last double xp weekend and during the lootbox weekend.

I did not check last night, for I was on sparingly due to RL.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).

*IF* this is a one-time ends-with-HD-shipping event (which seems to be the intent) and *IF* it's supposed to be where you can get enough tokens through "normal play" (and not having to grind huge numbers of lower level mobs for them), then I'd say it seems to mostly be FAILING right now.
    Here's hoping *something* changes for the better between now and when the event ends, or I won't even have enough for a single horse. The RNG giveth, and the RNG taketh away. There seems to be a bit to much R and N (random number), and not enough G (generating!) in this event right now. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Elianidd View Post
    *IF* this is a one-time ends-with-HD-shipping event (which seems to be the intent) and *IF* it's supposed to be where you can get enough tokens through "normal play" (and not having to grind huge numbers of lower level mobs for them), then I'd say it seems to mostly be FAILING right now.
    Here's hoping *something* changes for the better between now and when the event ends, or I won't even have enough for a single horse. The RNG giveth, and the RNG taketh away. There seems to be a bit to much R and N (random number), and not enough G (generating!) in this event right now. :-D
    If you like festivals, the bags are/can be guaranteed drops. There's a festival coming next week. The intention was for normal play to drop a steady (server wide) amount with more coming from special events (Baggins' Birthday, for example). The initial rate was too low, and 'overcompensated' just before the Farmer's Faire (probably to have the expected cumulative amount dropped goal met). The baseline rate since then has been pretty steady at about 2%. I note that every server made the 1.75 million donation goal with weeks to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I note that every server made the 1.75 million donation goal with weeks to spare.
    I hadn't realised that all servers had 'got there'

Well done all servers

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Server-Totals

Evernight: 1,750,000/1,750,000 10/6 3:45 PM server-time 29th WW, 14th former CM, 21st English

Well done a huge effort was put it for the less populated servers especially as they were unable to fully utilise the 'raining bag period' like the more heavily populated servers.

Now lets hope we can ride a slightly increased drop rate to deed 3 while playing 'normally'

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    If you like festivals, the bags are/can be guaranteed drops. There's a festival coming next week.
    Yeah, that's my hope. We rejoined lotro just in time to miss the birthday stuff sadly. Looking forward to the harvest fest and hoping it provides a means to get tokens (in addition to all the other festival fun-ness.)

Do those who donated tokens get any reward other than our regret at lost tokens?

Do those who donated tokens get any reward other than our regret at lost tokens?
    A chance of having your name on the statue if you were one of the top donors. Not worth it.
    I'm still disappointed they're putting the first servers on the statue. If each server had a fair chance at reaching goal, fine (maybe, I don't think other servers should be listed, regardless), but when the obvious most populated servers were done first (before it was even announced servers would be listed), why do it?
    And Fourteen Other Alts

A chance of having your name on the statue if you were one of the top donors. Not worth it.
    I'm still disappointed they're putting the first servers on the statue. If each server had a fair chance at reaching goal, fine (maybe, I don't think other servers should be listed, regardless), but when the obvious most populated servers were done first (before it was even announced servers would be listed), why do it?
    Oh so they decided to make it between all servers and not only your own server ? Must have missed it. Talk about completely voiding any fairness or sense there.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Oh so they decided to make it between all servers and not only your own server ? Must have missed it. Talk about completely voiding any fairness or sense there.
    Well, AFAIK, things haven't changed since this was posted:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...nition-Details
    And Fourteen Other Alts

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast