We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    I was wondering why I wasn't getting many drops. I don't care for the festivals so I guess I am out as well on collecting tokens from deeds and quests if this is really the case. I was really enjoying this bounty hunt but if the tokens are not dropping doing deeds and quests, what is the point then. Please Turbine let us know what is going on with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayblossom View Post
    Well said Eafinn Lethso certainly was trying his best to achieve our server goal, will be a shame if turbine have stopped all his hard work

The Statue however was always unfair from the start, lower populations could never win therefore never see their server name on the Statue, clearly Turbine didn't care then the outcome, so now they have there "winner" to them its probably immaterial how many tokens the rest of us get
    No server will see its name on the Statue, as servers do not compete against one another. Rather, accounts are competing against each other on each server.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayblossom View Post
    The Statue however was always unfair from the start, lower populations could never win therefore never see their server name on the Statue,
    Thank you for you kind words.
    I must respectfully disagree with you in the above point.

Dev diary quote:
    statue bla bla .... when it completes you’ll find that it will display in perpetuity all those who worked hardest at helping the Bounders with their endeavor.

My interpretation of this:
    The names of those individuals that has contributed most, on each server, will get their name on the server statue. Lethso probably #1 on Evernight.

I could be wrong ofc.

This Sucks

I guess as long as the large servers get to finish turbine is happy. Who cares about the small servers, apparently not turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eafinn View Post
    The names of those individuals that has contributed most, on each server, will get their name on the server statue. Lethso probably #1 on Evernight.
    It's by tokens turned in to a specific world per account. Best of luck.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Oh I guess I should just go do the festival for tokens, oh wait I cant go outside because of your stupid intel bug. Thanks, oh and nice for you to nerf drop rate after someone already broke the 1.75 mil so now the other small pop servers cant even acquire them effectively, and that's assuming they don't have to stay indoors.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Considering that we still have servers under 700k, and a good lot of them, many of whom have NO interest in doing festivals, this is definitely a kick in the face to them. The big three servers get buffs in 7-10 days after the event started... at the rate we're going, small-medium servers would have at least gotten them by Bilbo's and Frodo's birthday. If the reduced drop rate stays, I doubt that will be the case... could even see some poor servers go all the way into October. Just not enough festival goers winning in the competition-type stuff, or even participating in them.

Please change it back? Please? So small servers have a fighting chance?

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    Considering that we still have servers under 700k,
    Please change it back? Please? So small servers have a fighting chance?
    I am concerned that with the rate changes, and based on my current percentage contributed thus far my server will not finish the statue. It is no longer sane for me to multibox with these rates to assist in this manner.

Shameful. Ill-conceived and poorly thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eafinn View Post
    I wont keep any secrets. I will undoubtedly spoil my future collection efforts now that all with be there.

Level 85 RK,
    Skill: Ceaseless argument (no cd, no induction, small dmg)
    Goblin area: Ered Luin, Rath Teraig.
    Level 11 mobs, single shot ranged kill.
    Run as fast as possible(scroll run buff), round and round, wildly clicking your skill.

I must admit that I highly respect anyone doing quest in the area. If someone is there I immediately stop, let them finish or even help out.

Anyone can do this, I had my wife follow me around while chatting, she got just as many.
    Anyway it doesn't work anymore with the drop rate decrease.
    I agree with this, before the server went down a few days ago my other half and i were dropping, whilst not quite 600 per hour , not far off it for a few hours deeding in a few lower instances/skirms. ie cd and moria. (Was almost able to finish tier 3 in a few hours)
    We we doing those same deeds on other toons the day after servers came back on i and dropped maybe a quarter of this and have under 1000 since.

At least it was inspiration to enter moria again ><

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    In one way, I'm glad to see this as it discourages the 85s from camping the lowbie areas making it very difficult for people to quest. On the other, it's going to drastically slow down the rate at which servers meet their goals.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    In one way, I'm glad to see this as it discourages the 85s from camping the lowbie areas making it very difficult for people to quest. On the other, it's going to drastically slow down the rate at which servers meet their goals.
    For the most part, people on Riddermark seemed to stick to instances, or where ever they were deeding or doing something else already (such as grinding rep). This simply reduces the rate tokens are acquired. Its just generally a demoralizing move and seems like a step backward after you'd responded to initial complaints.

(I've gone from ~300-500 tokens /char/hr to ~200 tokens ALL DAY.)
    Last edited by Crell_1; Sep 05 2013 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    For the most part, people on Riddermark seemed to stick to instances, or where ever they were deeding or doing something else already (such as grinding rep). This simply reduces the rate tokens are acquired. Its just generally a demoralizing move and seems like a step backward after you'd responded to initial complaints.
    Wish I could say the same for Gladden. A few days ago, I was just running and porting around areas and was disturbed to see several groups camping high traffic areas with little to no attention being paid to lowbies in the area.

Archet had a group in spider caves. Chetwood had a group of clearing the wolf den and ruins. Annuminas had a group camping the first area though no lowbies there at the time I was there. The ruins in front of Sarnur (forgot the name, started with O) always has a group there when I head to Sarnur as does the wolf den/pond area near Duillond. The ruins out near Bree-town full of half-orcs is usually busy, Haud Iarcith is always busy and a few others.
    And Fourteen Other Alts

personally I think it stinks that they reduced the drop rate. I do not condone the reduction but I can see why Turbine did to a point. Look at all those items you can barter for which are items people would normally purchase from the Turbine Store. So if people have MANY tokens then Turbine is going to loose money I suspect. (Renown Boost, 100% XP Boost). Things I bet people will want to stash away for when Helms Deep comes out.
    Silverlode Server

Would love an official [sapience] post in this thread if possible, if they reduced the drop rate this drastically i don't even think it'd be worth trying to get the last 1million.. on such a low-pop server like windfola we'd get to 1.4 by the end of the month at this rate.. yesterdays rate definitely..
    Last edited by Taurion; Sep 05 2013 at 06:59 PM.
    [center][img]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4394/46je.png[/img]
    [color=green]Tarine - R11[/color][color=red] Stalkbait - R6[/color][color=green] Igot - R6[/color] [color=red]Tartarbinks - R5[/color][/center]

In one way, I'm glad to see this as it discourages the 85s from camping the lowbie areas making it very difficult for people to quest.
    85s and lowbies are not mutually exclusive. I worked the low level areas. Upon spotting a lowbie or lowbie group, I went elsewhere. When asked for an invite, I came back, invited, assisted, and received thanks and praise.
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi View Post
    85s and lowbies are not mutually exclusive. I worked the low level areas. Upon spotting a lowbie or lowbie group, I went elsewhere. When asked for an invite, I came back, invited, assisted, and received thanks and praise.
    I fervently believe we're in the minority there. It's hard as hell for me to even get a reply (though it seems more common to get one from at-level players) when they enter an area I'm farming or I enter an area they're in. It feels nice to receive a reply, but maybe because it's so rare it happens. I've met a couple of nice folks in the past week who would say something and/or party up, but the majority don't bother with responding.
    And Fourteen Other Alts

I fervently believe we're in the minority there. It's hard as hell for me to even get a reply (though it seems more common to get one from at-level players) when they enter an area I'm farming or I enter an area they're in. It feels nice to receive a reply, but maybe because it's so rare it happens. I've met a couple of nice folks in the past week who would say something and/or party up, but the majority don't bother with responding.
    This *possibly* could be that the loot from the constant killing of mobs is so much on their screen that they simply miss it. I know I have, which is why I have been primarily farming in my own instances before this change.

That, or the people on your server are mean or don't speak English or are under 12 and not allowed to talk to strangers.

Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

This *possibly* could be that the loot from the constant killing of mobs is so much on their screen that they simply miss it. I know I have, which is why I have been primarily farming in my own instances before this change.
    Why wouldn't you use a seperate chat tab?

That, or the people on your server are mean or don't speak English or are under 12 and not allowed to talk to strangers.
    Maybe, but I assume you'd still hear the quite loud "Ding" when you receive a tell. Regardless, my experience hasn't been great with it, so I try to stick to areas newbies don't frequent (Dunland, Sarnur, Moria) because the mid-range areas tend to be less populated, just to lessen the trouble they'll have. It's the low and high level areas that seem to have the most people.

Edit: Made a thread here at the start of the event in regards to working together that got a bit of attention. I hope it's helped out in some servers at least.
    And Fourteen Other Alts

Maybe, but I assume you'd still hear the quite loud "Ding" when you receive a tell. Regardless, my experience hasn't been great with it, so I try to stick to areas newbies don't frequent (Dunland, Sarnur, Moria) because the mid-range areas tend to be less populated, just to lessen the trouble they'll have. It's the low and high level areas that seem to have the most people.

Edit: Made a thread here at the start of the event in regards to working together that got a bit of attention. I hope it's helped out in some servers at least.
    I-- and quite literally about half the people I know-- don't play with sound, especially interface sounds high. Most people are listening to vent, or music, or at least not interface sounds. Sounds can be right annoying in some situations, like when I am trying to rock out to my playlist.

Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Why wouldn't you use a seperate chat tab?
    You have a separate tab for loot available? I certainly don't :P Loot's on the standard tab with everything else. Most people I know, outside of RPers, play the same way. See loot and chat at the same time.

Landroval

You have a separate tab for loot available? I certainly don't :P Loot's on the standard tab with everything else. Most people I know, outside of RPers, play the same way. See loot and chat at the same time.
    Everything goes in general.

Tells, user channels, Kin, etc goes in another.

Means I'm not missing things for loot spam =)

what a thread derailment.
    [center][img]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4394/46je.png[/img]
    [color=green]Tarine - R11[/color][color=red] Stalkbait - R6[/color][color=green] Igot - R6[/color] [color=red]Tartarbinks - R5[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Taurion View Post
    what a thread derailment.
    You're right! (and I admit to sharing responsibility for the derailment).
    Can we hear from Sapience or Amlug or the decision-maker on this change?
    Why have you done this? Did you not forsee that this would upset your players? That the players on servers that had not yet completed the statue would feel disheartened by this change?
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast