We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Slaying mobs in Dunland yesterday, for about 8 hours, I got 5 bags, for a grand total of less than 80 bounder tokens. Not even that, probably. The drop rate seems to not have moved since it was adjusted to the lower level prior to the last festival.

Also, some of us contributed a zillion tokens to unlock the statue back when the drop rate was good, and we're now hosed because we have about zero tokens left. I was under the assumption at the time that the drop rate would stay consistent and I'd be able to get the horse on my main and several alts. Now, I'll be lucky to get a horse on my main.

Then there's the folks bragging that they didn't donate a single token and bought the horse as soon as the statue unlocked. I'd thought it was gated behind Tier 3. Is this true? Can someone who hasn't donated a single token still get that horse? If so, that's massively messed up in a major, major way...

P.S. The Cracked Rhi Helvarch sigils had a higher drop rate for me than the BB bag tokens. You know something's messed up when...

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    Then there's the folks bragging that they didn't donate a single token and bought the horse as soon as the statue unlocked. I'd thought it was gated behind Tier 3. Is this true? Can someone who hasn't donated a single token still get that horse? If so, that's massively messed up in a major, major way...
    It's true. The server locked barterer is the one who sells the horse. He is not gated behind the tiers like the personal barterer was.

Edit: And it's not really messed up, just a double edged sword.

On the one hand, it's good for the casual player who may just eke out enough tokens to get the horse, who wouldn't be able to if they had to pay an extra 2500 first.

On the other hand, it lets people sit back and let everyone else do the work of unlocking the statue. Not really a big deal but can be annoying.
    Last edited by LethalLethality; Oct 04 2013 at 02:00 PM.

Attempted two hours of grinding and got 20 tokens.

If they're not going to drop, then the incentive isn't really there, is it?

I still haven't pre-ordered HD. I know it's fairly unrelated, but LOTRO is just one disaster after another these days.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    Attempted two hours of grinding and got 20 tokens.

If they're not going to drop, then the incentive isn't really there, is it?

I still haven't pre-ordered HD. I know it's fairly unrelated, but LOTRO is just one disaster after another these days.
    Again, it's not supposed to be farmed. It's supposed to be a bonus for playing normally.

You get free stuff you wouldn't ordinarily get. Cash shop items, like the universal toolkit and landscape soldier token

People in this game are determined to take fun events and make themselves miserable because they can't get all the goodies, only some. And it seems like they lowered the rate in the first place because of all the people determined to farm for tokens, instead of just playing normally.

Quote Originally Posted by trancejeremy View Post
    Again, it's not supposed to be farmed. It's supposed to be a bonus for playing normally.
    If I 'played normally' I'd be killing 10 rats, killing 3 mounted rats and clicking 600 clicky items, which I think would net me considerably fewer tokens.

It's 1500 tokens. Of course it's supposed to be farmed. That's the whole point - keep the players farming so they have 'something' do to besides repeatables and deed/rep grinds.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Considering the randomness incorporated intot he current xpac, I'm not sure why folks thought there would be any difference with this feature. What you get with this randomocity is :

1. Players reporting that the drop rate is decent
    2. Players reporting that the drop rate is too low.
    3. Players getting streaks of luck
    4. Players getting consistent luck
    5. Players getting streaks of bad luck
    6. Players getting zero luck (in my case)

The scratch ticket logic just doesn't work for me. I want to play a game to have fun and severe streaks of bad luck are detrimental to the fun factor. I even resubbed for one month to see if the rate was different sadly same results as my previous posts. After 8 hours of VIP gameplay even less tokens (20). And I'm doing this on a severe casual level of 2 hours a night over 4 nights. Even if I have an extreme case of STREAKY LUCK it's not even enough for me to consider this feature fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    If I 'played normally' I'd be killing 10 rats, killing 3 mounted rats and clicking 600 clicky items, which I think would net me considerably fewer tokens.

It's 1500 tokens. Of course it's supposed to be farmed. That's the whole point - keep the players farming so they have 'something' do to besides repeatables and deed/rep grinds.
    And there it is again "I am at cap, so everyone else must be". If you are at level cap and just grinding repeatables please do post like you are speaking for all players.

I'm just doing quests and running through my characters. I have blown this off because it just is not worth my time to find someplace where I can grind on mobs to get bounders bags. Whether I kill 50 or 5 in an hour my drop rate is the same, apx 1 an hour.

I'm maybe getting one bag per hour or so. I seem to notice that I get more when fellowing with others; if I do a GB Maze with kinnies or a Moria instance for deeds, I get more bags.

This is the same with my capped hunter as well as my mini who is still leveling - no perceptible difference in capped vs. uncapped character.

Would love to see more drop - like others, I donated nearly all my tokens and now would love to get the steed and a few other items, but don't have many tokens left or a reliable way to get more. Shame - I really love the horse, too.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

This past week, did a run through the barrow downs & got at least 7 bags.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    And there it is again "I am at cap, so everyone else must be". If you are at level cap and just grinding repeatables please do post like you are speaking for all players.

I'm just doing quests and running through my characters. I have blown this off because it just is not worth my time to find someplace where I can grind on mobs to get bounders bags. Whether I kill 50 or 5 in an hour my drop rate is the same, apx 1 an hour.
    Wait till the Harvest Festival. I am willing to bet that you will be able to obtain tokens with that festival just like farmer's faire.

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Wait till the Harvest Festival. I am willing to bet that you will be able to obtain tokens with that festival just like farmer's faire.
    U do realize that everyone is going to count on that as fact and will make the the worst festival in history spoil 2 event in one shot but that sounds just like these guys if there is a way to ruin something they always find the perfect way to do so

I have found the only grind for me in this game is the festivals. They tend to be more frustrating then fun, and usually offer little I can use, or want. I used to avoid the festivals because of the FEs, well that was solved so I started going to them. Now I find them boring and frustrating, so I usually just blow them off. With everyone expecting the bounders bag drop rate to go up, or for the festivals to pay out bounders bags, there are going to be a bunch of upset people if it doesn't go that way.

Now when this started and I couldn't buy anything yet with the tokens, I just donated them and blew it off. I probably donated 2.5K over the coarse of a week, but I haven't gotten 500 since the server hit it's goal.

Yeah I love that when the drop rate was better I donated a lot and now I can't even get enough together to get a horse..... fantastic.

I can understand reducing it when a fest is active - but what's the reason now?

I say put it back up and stop mucking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    U do realize that everyone is going to count on that as fact and will make the the worst festival in history spoil 2 event in one shot but that sounds just like these guys if there is a way to ruin something they always find the perfect way to do so
    Indeed. And think about the festival events. Main one is the haunted burrow. Even with layers it will be a nightmare in there, literally. Several of the quests require spawning NPCs. The rooms they spawn in will be crammed with players fighting over who clicks on them first. Also, not everyone enjoys the quests there. After I did the one with the barrels of rotting flesh and my character vomiting, I decided that was enough. Just not worth the headache the effects can give you in there, and then I have to do things that make my character puke? Ugh. Now I prefer saving my characters in the room with the once-a-day chest, and once they get the skelly mount they get saved in the room with the three chests.

Point is, the quests will take a lot longer to do, and if there is just one token bag per quest, that will be slow token getting. Only thing I can see to make it possible to get enough for things like mounts is if the three chest room gives you a token bag per chest. And also the apples and such have bounder token bags to barter the apples for.

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    Indeed. And think about the festival events. Main one is the haunted burrow. Even with layers it will be a nightmare in there, literally. Several of the quests require spawning NPCs. The rooms they spawn in will be crammed with players fighting over who clicks on them first. Also, not everyone enjoys the quests there. After I did the one with the barrels of rotting flesh and my character vomiting, I decided that was enough. Just not worth the headache the effects can give you in there, and then I have to do things that make my character puke? Ugh. Now I prefer saving my characters in the room with the once-a-day chest, and once they get the skelly mount they get saved in the room with the three chests.

Point is, the quests will take a lot longer to do, and if there is just one token bag per quest, that will be slow token getting. Only thing I can see to make it possible to get enough for things like mounts is if the three chest room gives you a token bag per chest. And also the apples and such have bounder token bags to barter the apples for.

Yep U see just what I mean. I don't understand why they doubled up on the festivals to get tokens. Instead they just should have given everyone a option as quest rewards for normal quest to get a bag or the normal quest reward since the was supposed to be done with normal questing. I just wonder how people could have got the horse from this just doing normal questing like they said. *LOL* bet the would be 0 just another botched event brought to you by the good people at LOTRO!!

Yesterday I was running around with my hobbit guardian cleaning up green and light blue quests before gaining her next level. In 6 hours of play 0 bounders bags. That included almost farming goblins and orcs for the deeds; I mean I was in the places to do it so might as well. No bags dropped. So it appears that last update killed my 1 an hour drop rate.

I've been doing usual quests on my Tank(leveled now 3 times) and Burg(leveled now 4 times), and still no tokens since I first posted five pages ago..........

Quote Originally Posted by Valadilene View Post
    I've been doing usual quests on my Tank(leveled now 3 times) and Burg(leveled now 4 times), and still no tokens since I first posted five pages ago..........
    Have to agree has been a day since I last saw a bounder bag...

Ive been doing quests killing mobs on various toons since the festival ended. between 3 toons and over 200 mobs killed i have gotten 3 bags, for 20 tokens.

i used all my tokens to help get the goal reached for our server now i cant muster enough for the housing items or horse.

drop rate is really sad. oh well, at least i got the 3 tier tun in deed done on 1 toon. I hope when they end the bounder thing they remove the unfinished deeds from my alts journals when HD comes out that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    Ive been doing quests killing mobs on various toons since the festival ended. between 3 toons and over 200 mobs killed i have gotten 3 bags, for 20 tokens.

i used all my tokens to help get the goal reached for our server now i cant muster enough for the housing items or horse.

drop rate is really sad. oh well, at least i got the 3 tier tun in deed done on 1 toon. I hope when they end the bounder thing they remove the unfinished deeds from my alts journals when HD comes out that is.

Ayup, you all can bet they did the huge cut back in drop rates so many would not be able to attain all the items they wished. But no fears, the Store will soon offer all that was available during the Bounder event. If you think otherwise, it is being naive.
    "I swear to God, if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I am quitting." - Jack Carter

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpoetex View Post
    Ayup, you all can bet they did the huge cut back in drop rates so many would not be able to attain all the items they wished. But no fears, the Store will soon offer all that was available during the Bounder event. If you think otherwise, it is being naive.
    I doubt they will put the jewelry in the store. The only thing left would be the mount. Maybe the housing items. Other stuff you can already get in the store.

I wonder what the algorithm is for determining drops, and if it changed. Before the faire, it seemed that there was a drop rate based on the number of mobs defeated regardless of level. Doing slayer deeds on grey mobs produced a large number of tokens. Questing or doing slayer deeds that took longer produced fewer tokens, since there were fewer mobs per hour.

Since the faire, the overall rate is definitely lower. But did we misunderstand the algorithm as well? I recently did a slayer deed on 240 mobs and got nothing. The same day I got 2 bags doing the Wildermore dailies involving less than 50 mobs. I recently did the school and library instances on-level 60 and got 3 bags.

I hate to generalize from my own experience, since there are so few data points. However, I have been getting more per hour from questing and instances than from slayer deeds with many more mobs per hour.

Are we sure that there is (for the time being at least) a fixed drop rate per mob regardless of level, location, and circumstance? If so, then whatever patterns I'm detecting are just the whims of the random number generator. If not, it would be nice to know what the algorithm is.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaleo View Post
    Since the faire, the overall rate is definitely lower. But did we misunderstand the algorithm as well? I recently did a slayer deed on 240 mobs and got nothing. The same day I got 2 bags doing the Wildermore dailies involving less than 50 mobs. I recently did the school and library instances on-level 60 and got 3 bags.
    The "algorithm" is a random generator. However, they can set the chances without restarting the server and it's no secreat that they lowered them when the festival started.

Also the random generator tends to be very unfair. Yesterday I got 7 bags while my girlfriend who was playing with me got 1. And this is not the first time that happens, I keep getting more than her all the time.

While farming tokens, the math behind the drop system seems a sinusoidal system to me.

E.g. with a constant mob kill rate (Helegrod farm), bags do drop often at a certain peak, following by a hiatus of 15 to sometimes even 30 mins. Then I get loads of bags again following by the hiatus. etc etc

I am getting a bit concerned, as the harvest festival may not be a long one if it follows the shorter festival pattern of this year.

And with HD release being mid November, and the drop rate kept so low even with festivals and events not running, there will just not be enough tokens for getting much more than a combo tool and XP pocket item per character.

The dead silence from Turbine makes it clear they don't care at all. But that is pretty much the norm with them. Ah well....

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast