We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 551
  1. #351
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4
    i did a break of one month and i saw now that i was wrong: I missed the farmer fair and by reading the thread i missed too the good time for farming this bounder'bag!
    In Estel we still have to reach the 1,750,000 because we have fewer people than most of the server. We work hard but this change of drop rate truly handicaps us more than necessary. At this rate it's not certain if we can have some items before the release of helms deep.
    No, a little boost of the drop rate must be done to not handicap too much those who comes late.

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris99 View Post
    It's not a war-steed though: it's a regular mount AND a set of war-steed cosmetics. You only ever get one war-steed and that's through a quest line. Everything else is cosmetics to customize it.
    Hmmm, well. Not worrying with it then. The last thing my hunter needs is yet another horse. He has 7 and is on foot all the time. So I guess I'm done with it, just donate my tokens and go on. All I wanted was the universal tool kits. Didn't see much else I needed. I don't need the out riders token because well, I bough the stone of the tortes for all my characters but 1; ran out of TP. There was some cool yard stuff, but I don't have enough hooks as is. So..... lol

    If I had the hooks I could be a yard decoration addict, have all different stuff for each season and holiday

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    If I had the hooks I could be a yard decoration addict, have all different stuff for each season and holiday
    Me too! I'm hoping the housing revamp will let us do that exact thing. But that's a whole 'nother discussion
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield in [i]The Hobbit, or There and Back Again[/i] by J.R.R. Tolkien

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,875
    Some more data after an hour of farming. Sometimes I just get the urge log for no real reason.

    Start Time- 09/29 07:27 PM
    Kills- 687
    End Time- 09/29 08:27 PM
    Kills Per minute-11.4
    Bags Obtained- 9
    Code:
    Line 86: [09/29 07:30:00 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 751: [09/29 07:45:57 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 764: [09/29 07:46:19 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1079: [09/29 07:53:22 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1411: [09/29 08:01:17 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1514: [09/29 08:03:31 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1659: [09/29 08:06:46 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2022: [09/29 08:15:46 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2381: [09/29 08:24:09 PM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
    Kills Per Bag- 76.3


    Still seems to be about the same on Gladden at a bag every 75 kills.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nashville Tn, USA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Here's something that surprised me: while rolling disposable alts, I've gotten bounder's bags in the introduction instance!
    I ran a toon out when the bounder thing started and came out of intro with 200 tokens unfortunately I became ill that week and it was about a week later before i could try that again and I got zip on the 2nd toon.

    If there starting to drop in intro that might be a sign that the Drop rate has gotten just a bit better again
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nashville Tn, USA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybelline View Post

    You don't NEED any of the rewards. You WANT them. In life and in games, you will find that you occasionally have to expend some effort to satisfy your WANTS, even if other people seemingly get them thrown at them like confetti. Not everyone gets a BMW for their 16th Birthday; not everyone got all the Bounders rewards in record time. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it's true nonetheless.
    Ok your bit on the rude side aren't you. Do think your the only one that has put effort into grinding token? I sure everyone here has and that is whey they are complaining.

    Now first off the FF was not supposed to be the way where to get tokens. We where supposed to get them from normal play not from grinding festivals. So my thought that this was first intended yo be so the guys waiting for the new expansion would have good reason and go out and get the deeds done before then move on.
    Bot send all there time grinding nonsense Festivals that are so boring you want to kill yourself after the first week.

    So the other thing that made so many mad was the high drop rate for the first week then drop rates fell to 0. Many felt this unfair as do I.

    Now you make it sound like everyone is being lazy and you say they just need to do the WORK? Work that is a word that dose not belong in a game words like Fun come to mind but not work that is a 4 letter word that should not be part of a game.

    There has been nothing Fun about this event as a matter of fact it has taken the fun out of the game almost in its entirety. There is some nice items to be had from the bounder event so even if its a mess everyone keeps trying and every keeps being disappointed. at what point dose this become fun?

    I mean already have the horse on 3 worlds but i had to run 14 characters thru FF so one could have it and I had to grind that awful Farmers event instead of being out doing my deeds like I should have been and now because i had the run that event so much I can do even more Grey Deeds then before because I got so much XP from the FF.

    I really don't think the bounder event is working as intended if it was supposed to help pass the time I would hope that meant a fun thing thing to do because I sure don't need another grind and that is sure not fun.
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

  7. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    Ok your bit on the rude side aren't you. Do think your the only one that has put effort into grinding token? I sure everyone here has and that is whey they are complaining.

    Now first off the FF was not supposed to be the way where to get tokens. We where supposed to get them from normal play not from grinding festivals. So my thought that this was first intended yo be so the guys waiting for the new expansion would have good reason and go out and get the deeds done before then move on.
    Bot send all there time grinding nonsense Festivals that are so boring you want to kill yourself after the first week.

    So the other thing that made so many mad was the high drop rate for the first week then drop rates fell to 0. Many felt this unfair as do I.

    Now you make it sound like everyone is being lazy and you say they just need to do the WORK? Work that is a word that dose not belong in a game words like Fun come to mind but not work that is a 4 letter word that should not be part of a game.

    There has been nothing Fun about this event as a matter of fact it has taken the fun out of the game almost in its entirety. There is some nice items to be had from the bounder event so even if its a mess everyone keeps trying and every keeps being disappointed. at what point dose this become fun?

    I mean already have the horse on 3 worlds but i had to run 14 characters thru FF so one could have it and I had to grind that awful Farmers event instead of being out doing my deeds like I should have been and now because i had the run that event so much I can do even more Grey Deeds then before because I got so much XP from the FF.

    I really don't think the bounder event is working as intended if it was supposed to help pass the time I would hope that meant a fun thing thing to do because I sure don't need another grind and that is sure not fun.

    If you find honesty rude, well then that's your problem. I don't handhold, and I tell it like it is. I don't have a lot of patience anymore, and I am not going to sympathize with people who want it all, right now. The current drop rate is what you have to work with. Work with it and take the opportunities that present themselves. Crying "Not Fair" accomplishes precisely nothing.

    I put precisely ZERO effort into grinding Bounders Tokens. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I ran the Festival because I liked it, and I wanted to complete it without stooping to buying eggs off the auction house. I would rather bite off my mouse hand than landscape grind out 5000 tokens.

    I neither said nor implied lazy. I've offered no one personal insult. What I did say and imply is that there is more than one way to skin a cat. If option A (landscape grinding) isn't working out then choose option B (Festivals).

    Also you didn't HAVE to do anything. You didn't HAVE to run 14 alts through Farmers Faire. You didn't HAVE to save up to buy 3 mounts. You don't HAVE to spend endless stupid hours slaughtering your way from Ered Luin to the Riddermark and back. You chose to. I'm not going to hold your hand and tell you that Turbine is a big bad meany because getting the things you WANT takes time. That would be disingenuous. I'll repeat what I said earlier in bold: 'YOU HAVE 50 MORE DAYS AND A FESTIVAL TO GO'. Maybe you won't be able to purchase 14 horses. Maybe you won't be able to get every single item in triplicate from the vendors. Maybe you will. I don't recall seeing a disclaimer, promise or contract anywhere from Turbine stating that every single player from the most casual to the most hardcore would be able to complete the Deeds and buy everything. If one exists, please link to it. It would be an entertaining read.

    Who on earth, other than the extremely naive, would think for even a fraction of a second that a three month long event could possibly be intended to be completed quickly?

    People keep going on and on about how the drop used to be this, that or the other and now it isn't. You're all right. It isn't. BUT you can still satisfy your wants, you just can't do it the way you originally set out to. How do YOU know that the high drop rate the first week wasn't some monstrous mistake that they have since corrected? Just because the ATM gives you 2 twenties instead of the 1 you asked for doesn't mean that the bank is morally obliged to keep doubling your withdrawals, afterall.

    And lastly, fun. Ah fun. Please elucidate for me, how getting random bag drops from mobs or as quest rewards, opening them up and spending the tokens received is fun. Sure, having new shinies is fun. Having a new horse is fun. Accruing the actual tokens is fun? By this logic looting Bent Claws and Dirty Filth is also 'Fun' because I can sell those to a vendor and eventually go buy a horse from Hengstacer Farms. By this logic completing endless Slayer Deeds is 'Fun' because after I amass 1700ish TP I can buy an 'exclusive' horse from the Turbine Store.

    So, again, complaining loudly and vigorously about doing something that gets you what you WANT (want =|= need) earns you precisely zero sympathy points.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004f80c0/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    144
    Give people something for free and you still get several persons complaining. It does not matter what reason is.

    That's just life. I hope that developers have a strong understanding and strong will to ignore such persons. Complaining gives these persons a feeling of self importance I guess, because they think that they are smarter than developers because they were able to find a fault in someone's else work. Well, there's always different kind of people and it is probably good that it is impossible to satisfy everyone. It leave some room to learn and make things better in the future.

    Bounder tokens drop rate is still about 3-5 bags per evening on me. That should be enough to collect a couple of thousands tokens before HD is out. I've collected about 700 tokens since Farmer's faire has been closed.

  9. #359
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybelline View Post
    And lastly, fun. Ah fun. Please elucidate for me, how getting random bag drops from mobs or as quest rewards, opening them up and spending the tokens received is fun. Sure, having new shinies is fun. Having a new horse is fun. Accruing the actual tokens is fun? By this logic looting Bent Claws and Dirty Filth is also 'Fun' because I can sell those to a vendor and eventually go buy a horse from Hengstacer Farms. By this logic completing endless Slayer Deeds is 'Fun' because after I amass 1700ish TP I can buy an 'exclusive' horse from the Turbine Store.
    Fun is a personal thing. What is fun for one, isn't at all for another.

    I think it's fun to fill by bags and offload and get a reward in return. I know, I'm a hamster prone to Pavlovian responses. But still there's something innately satisfying about running through hordes of mobs, watchin bags fill and seeing a counter rise towards a goal. You may call that whatever you wish - you're free and entitled to your opinion - but I have fun that way.

    At this one point back in the event we had this sweet spot that made 'token farming mobs' quite enjoyable. That sweet spot is gone. Nothing wrong with folks wanting it back.

    You see, behind each complaint there is a desire. People who complain are actually desiring something. They're just wording the negative version of their desire. Which tends to deliver them negative results in return, after all: noone likes a complainer. But imagine the desire rather than the complaint. You'd sooner say: "I'm sorry but we just can't do that right now but we'll consider it for the future" instead of "stop your incessant whining!".

    So basically: fun is a personal thing and a response to a complaint might not be what you think it is

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybelline View Post
    So, again, complaining loudly and vigorously about doing something that gets you what you WANT (want =|= need) earns you precisely zero sympathy points.
    I think most of the posts in this thread have been quiet complaints concerning an event that really excited a lot of players only to disappoint them further on...that it didn't disappoint many other players or that a considerable number of other players were actually happy with said event does not therefore make the aforementioned group's concerns any less valid.

    I have been following this thread keenly since it's conception and am mystified at the lack of WB/turbine response...

    I really believe that the event could have been managed better at the very least communicated better...

    Quote Originally Posted by evguenil View Post
    Give people something for free and you still get several persons complaining. It does not matter what reason is.

    That's just life. I hope that developers have a strong understanding and strong will to ignore such persons. Complaining gives these persons a feeling of self importance I guess, because they think that they are smarter than developers because they were able to find a fault in someone's else work. Well, there's always different kind of people and it is probably good that it is impossible to satisfy everyone. It leave some room to learn and make things better in the future.
    Yes the event was free, and very generous in many ways, I actually think it was a fantastic idea...

    That we players should have no forum to complain is a bit strange...and even oxymoronic in that you are responding to 'our' complaints in 'our' thread in all of 'OUR' forum

    I would hope that some of our small voices get heard...

    A lively and interested player community is desired and discussions only feed the fire...
    Last edited by tsunamimc; Sep 30 2013 at 11:38 AM.
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

    WP blog: Tsuhelm

  11. #361
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,875
    I think I'm gonna farm an hour or so in Sarnur on Gladden in a few minutes if anyone here wants to run with me. I don't mind taking people along as long as they don't screw up the spawn cycle.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    Fun is a personal thing. What is fun for one, isn't at all for another.

    .....

    So basically: fun is a personal thing and a response to a complaint might not be what you think it is
    Yes I am still playing LOTRO and having lots of FUN

    The increased drop rate increased 'my FUN' for a while...the festivals for me give ME a serious case of boredom...

    Each to ones own...

    Lets share the fun

    The more players having FUN the better...I would have thought TURBINE/WB would appreciate that keeping the most players having FUN can only be beneficial
    to the GAME.

    People are strange...
    Strange are people...
    People are players...
    EASY: keep some players having fun some of the time but,
    DIFFICULT: keep all the players having fun all of the time!
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

    WP blog: Tsuhelm

  13. #363
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    spawn cycle.
    I want to ride my spawncycle
    I want to ride my bike
    I want to ride my spawncycle
    I want to ride it where I like

    Queen - Bicycle Race


    I'm losing it: so to must work back go

    Good luck and wish I could be logging into LOTRO instead of work programs....
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

    WP blog: Tsuhelm

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    The increased drop rate increased 'my FUN' for a while...the festivals for me give ME a serious case of boredom...
    Yes, it will increase your fun for a while... for a couple of days. And when you'll have enough tokens the fun is over and you will be wanting another funny event from developer. That's a nice idea and nice approach, no doubt about it.

    But can developer keep the pace and provide you with a new funny event every couple of days? It would be terrific and everyone would want it I guess, but I don't think that it is possible. Sadly.

    So, what can we do? We can try to extend a funny event of two days into two weeks or two months event.

    That's not a good solution. But it is better than to have fun for 2 days and then to have a void till the next funny event which is probably going to happen within 2 months.

  15. #365
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,875
    Another chat log from this morning's Sarnur farming session:

    Start Time- 09/30 10:05 AM
    Kills- 843
    End Time- 09/29 11:00 AM
    Kills Per minute-15.3
    Bags Obtained- 17

    Code:
        Line 198: [09/30 10:08:25 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 234: [09/30 10:08:58 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 382: [09/30 10:10:47 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 407: [09/30 10:11:03 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 457: [09/30 10:11:35 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1080: [09/30 10:19:49 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1207: [09/30 10:21:51 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1280: [09/30 10:22:56 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1426: [09/30 10:24:49 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1576: [09/30 10:26:35 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1986: [09/30 10:32:09 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2306: [09/30 10:36:29 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2549: [09/30 10:39:45 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2815: [09/30 10:43:56 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2873: [09/30 10:44:35 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2989: [09/30 10:46:09 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 3548: [09/30 10:53:12 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
    Kills Per Bag- 49.5
    Tokens Obtained- 190
    Average Tokens Per Bag- 11.1
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

  16. #366
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by evguenil View Post
    And when you'll have enough tokens the fun is over and you will be wanting another funny event from developer.
    I have a generous nature - I gave all my tokens to the statue, I was having FUN giving tokens away! I think I spent 140 tokens on myself, 2 landscape soldier tokens and an XP item...

    But the NATURE of the event, working together, getting a statue built, comparisons with other servers..the idea was inspiring and fun...I could play as normal and still contributing, no extra deeding, no extra questing, no festivals... and still being a part of 'something'...

    in fact I feel part of that 'something' even now...I have yet to get the last deed and will do so slowly and surely...I am still having fun...

    I just think that everyone should have been having lots of 'FUN' too...
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

    WP blog: Tsuhelm

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    If there starting to drop in intro that might be a sign that the Drop rate has gotten just a bit better again
    Its just a sign that it wasn't manually excluded from the drop table.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

  18. #368
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    295
    On Nimrodel, we finally finished our bounders quest. I hope that the drop rate can be increased, now that the fair is done. I've had 5 or 6 bags drop, for the past 200 plus mobs that I've killed. At this rate, I might not be able to finish the bounders deeds, before HD comes out.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and dispair


    .

  19. #369
    Yes, the drop-rate for the bags has dramatically decreased. I can't say it's wrong, though. The rate was too high, too easy, when
    the bounties were introduced. We'd all be drowning in them by now (on brandywine) if they hadn't decreased the rate.

    So far, i've gotten two horses (1500 tokens each) and about 1000 tokens worth of toolkits and Moor's boosters. And I still have
    about 1300 tokens, without even trying. I think it's a fine rate to be getting bounties - no matter how much the greedy voices
    in me want moooore.

    I'm gonna get the rider's token, some craft-xp boosts, and put all the rest into Moor's boosts when it's close to the end of the
    event. No rush right now for any of that. I like the rewards we can get, and have no problem with the reduced drop rate. But I will
    say now that I can see that the rate the bounties drop is higher in private instances like the old non-scaling raid/fellowshp ones.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000046ddaa/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    2,469
    Well for the past couple of days across any character I play, where and what level makes little difference. I'm getting a consistent bag an hour. But the bag drop is rather moot to me. After going through everything available at ether vender, I got what I want, the universal tool kit for each character. I have no room for yard ornaments, don't need another horse, I have a jeweler in the guild so no need of any of the jewelry, so that leaves little else I need. Not saying there isn't some of those yard ornaments I wouldn't like to have, but I have no place to put them. My house has a huge yard, but very few hooks.

    I didn't realize the bounders tokens were cross character based on account. So I only needed a few bounders bags on one character to have enough tokens for all to get the tool kits. But like so many other festival tokens, they're just taking up space in my wallet now. Personally I'd find these festivals more fun if housing got a major revamp so I had far more hooks to use.

    Try to envision this. Horses are a commonality with these festivals, but what if housing had a revamp and you could actually buy a stable to put on your property to show off all these horses you have. Wouldn't that be grand? And well worth spending hours grinding to get.

    And something I wish they would add is a house chest, free with each house but can only hold house items.

  21. #371
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nashville Tn, USA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybelline View Post
    If you find honesty rude, well then that's your problem. I don't handhold, and I tell it like it is. I don't have a lot of patience anymore, and I am not going to sympathize with people who want it all, right now. The current drop rate is what you have to work with. Work with it and take the opportunities that present themselves. Crying "Not Fair" accomplishes precisely nothing.

    I put precisely ZERO effort into grinding Bounders Tokens. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I ran the Festival because I liked it, and I wanted to complete it without stooping to buying eggs off the auction house. I would rather bite off my mouse hand than landscape grind out 5000 tokens.

    I neither said nor implied lazy. I've offered no one personal insult. What I did say and imply is that there is more than one way to skin a cat. If option A (landscape grinding) isn't working out then choose option B (Festivals).

    Also you didn't HAVE to do anything. You didn't HAVE to run 14 alts through Farmers Faire. You didn't HAVE to save up to buy 3 mounts. You don't HAVE to spend endless stupid hours slaughtering your way from Ered Luin to the Riddermark and back. You chose to. I'm not going to hold your hand and tell you that Turbine is a big bad meany because getting the things you WANT takes time. That would be disingenuous. I'll repeat what I said earlier in bold: 'YOU HAVE 50 MORE DAYS AND A FESTIVAL TO GO'. Maybe you won't be able to purchase 14 horses. Maybe you won't be able to get every single item in triplicate from the vendors. Maybe you will. I don't recall seeing a disclaimer, promise or contract anywhere from Turbine stating that every single player from the most casual to the most hardcore would be able to complete the Deeds and buy everything. If one exists, please link to it. It would be an entertaining read.

    Who on earth, other than the extremely naive, would think for even a fraction of a second that a three month long event could possibly be intended to be completed quickly?

    People keep going on and on about how the drop used to be this, that or the other and now it isn't. You're all right. It isn't. BUT you can still satisfy your wants, you just can't do it the way you originally set out to. How do YOU know that the high drop rate the first week wasn't some monstrous mistake that they have since corrected? Just because the ATM gives you 2 twenties instead of the 1 you asked for doesn't mean that the bank is morally obliged to keep doubling your withdrawals, afterall.

    And lastly, fun. Ah fun. Please elucidate for me, how getting random bag drops from mobs or as quest rewards, opening them up and spending the tokens received is fun. Sure, having new shinies is fun. Having a new horse is fun. Accruing the actual tokens is fun? By this logic looting Bent Claws and Dirty Filth is also 'Fun' because I can sell those to a vendor and eventually go buy a horse from Hengstacer Farms. By this logic completing endless Slayer Deeds is 'Fun' because after I amass 1700ish TP I can buy an 'exclusive' horse from the Turbine Store.

    So, again, complaining loudly and vigorously about doing something that gets you what you WANT (want =|= need) earns you precisely zero sympathy points.




    I don't want your sympathy I don't even know you so why should I even care what u think. I don't post to make you or anyone else happy.

    I think you have life in the Mix on this issue.
    They make every event so folks can get the stuff or why would they make it in the first place. There are still servers that have not been unlocked So they get zip and that's just fine with you. You could care less as you got all you want. Well I am happy for you!

    I am sorry but there is nothing in this game for free! I paid to play this game so in the end I am posting as a unhappy customer which I have every right to do since I paid for that right!

    From where I see this is bugged. The stuff they offered was said to be obtainable thru normal game play not grinding Festivals. It was working just fine the drops where just fine then it bugged out and the bags stopped dropping at least from my point of view since no one from LOTRO has come here to verify that this is correct I ill keep posting. Just the same if a quest would not complete. I would contact the GM.

    Now if someone comes here and says that everything is working right I can have my opinion that the bounder bag event sucked IMHO that to is my right. You drop back in the game after being gone for sometime and just drop in this forum and decide to tell every one what they need and don't need. Who Died and left you and judge and jury.

    I mean really Right after the the FF my wife and I ran whole nights and got 3 bags in 8 hours running. When just a few weeks before we had nights with 300 to 400 tokens. The game bugged out your assuming that it was supposed to be like that. I don't see how you think hay you got something for free. I see like this If a quest is supposed to give you a certain reward and when you finish that quest it gives nothing. Most people would complain.

    the fact is the reward changed in mid-game and no one has answered any of us in this thread why. I think what all of want is just a plain simple answer as to why one person got one reward and the rest did not.

    Now here is why I am complaining this is taken for the DEVS Diary
    The Bounder’s Bounty Developer Diary
    By Aubergine

    Well, hello there! Aubergine here, and as the good hobbits have had me quite busy in helping them set up their fundraising campaign, thought I’d take the time to share some of the details with you.
    The Bounder’s Bounty will run until the release of Helm’s Deep. Unlike a more traditional festival, you participate by simply by logging in and playing LOTRO just as you normally do. You’ll just need to include some occasional trips to Michel Delving.<-------- NOW READ THIS DO YOU SEE THE PART THAT SAYS NORMAL!!!!!!!!!




    Now if in fact you can't obtain enough tokens to Unlock your server and get the rewards the the event is bugged. It dose not say anything about MAD grinding Festivals to get the rewards Now does it!!

    SO should a person expect to have to run Festivals or just play NORMAL and DO NORMAL quest. It don't say anywhere here I would have to grind 10 hours a day to get the rewards now does it. SO if your happy because you wanted to run the Festival great but the Festivals are special not NORMAL questing.

    Now since the quest is not working the way they said it should we are complaining because right up to the point that the Farmer Festival started Most people could have easily unlocked there servers and even causal players could have got the horse or the Tarnished Symbol of Celebrimbor without mad grinding just plain old playing and questing that was what we where told and that was not what we are getting.

    But when they started that FF and the drop rates changed with no explanation, People would like to know why it not like they said it was.

    Don't give me that BS about its free and I want too much for free and I should be happy with what ever I get for free. There is not one thing in this game I did not pay for trust me and want I paid for was a game that works right and right now till someone tells me this event is working right I am going to keep on complaining because by there own words it bugged and not working right it's broken !! Now fix it or tell us why they changed the drop rate when it seems it was working just fine till it bugged out or somebody over there messed up

    Now You should get your facts right it not about free stuff it the fact the quest was working just fine No body would have had to grind mad hours of anything we where told we could just play normal and if we ran a festival or not it should not make any difference.

    So far there has been nothing NORMAL about the way you would have to play to get anything from the event and I think we have a right to a answer from the Folks that made the event to tell us why!





    As you are out questing and defeating mobs, you will find that Bags of Bounder’s Tokens will drop periodically. You can also obtain Bags of Bounder’s Tokens from festival quests, Hobbit Presents and Locked Loot Boxes.
    When you first open a Bag of Bounder’s Tokens, you will be directed to see Meg Proudfoot, the Bounder’s Token Collector, who’s standing by the statue in Michel Delving center. She’ll be collecting all of your donations of Bounder’s Tokens throughout the event. She accepts donations in stacks of 50 tokens at a time.

    Near Meg are two Bounder vendors, the Bounder’s Token Rewards Vendor and the Bounder’s Bounty Vendor. The Bounder’s Token Rewards Vendor is your personal vendor. When you as an individual donate tokens, you will advance deeds which in turn unlock access to rewards.

    The Bounder’s Bounty Vendor, on the other hand, is unlocked only when the server as a whole reaches the Bounder’s fund-raising goals. You can always check on your server’s progress by mousing over the statue. Current server collection numbers will be displayed there.

    When this goal is completed, all persons on the server will gain the Bounder’s Boon! This buff will persist until the launch of Helm’s Deep.
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

  22. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    I don't want your sympathy I don't even know you so why should I even care what u think. I don't post to make you or anyone else happy.

    I think you have life in the Mix on this issue.
    They make every event so folks can get the stuff or why would they make it in the first place. There are still servers that have not been unlocked So they get zip and that's just fine with you. You could care less as you got all you want. Well I am happy for you!

    I am sorry but there is nothing in this game for free! I paid to play this game so in the end I am posting as a unhappy customer which I have every right to do since I paid for that right!

    From where I see this is bugged. The stuff they offered was said to be obtainable thru normal game play not grinding Festivals. It was working just fine the drops where just fine then it bugged out and the bags stopped dropping at least from my point of view since no one from LOTRO has come here to verify that this is correct I ill keep posting. Just the same if a quest would not complete. I would contact the GM.

    Now if someone comes here and says that everything is working right I can have my opinion that the bounder bag event sucked IMHO that to is my right. You drop back in the game after being gone for sometime and just drop in this forum and decide to tell every one what they need and don't need. Who Died and left you and judge and jury.

    I mean really Right after the the FF my wife and I ran whole nights and got 3 bags in 8 hours running. When just a few weeks before we had nights with 300 to 400 tokens. The game bugged out your assuming that it was supposed to be like that. I don't see how you think hay you got something for free. I see like this If a quest is supposed to give you a certain reward and when you finish that quest it gives nothing. Most people would complain.

    the fact is the reward changed in mid-game and no one has answered any of us in this thread why. I think what all of want is just a plain simple answer as to why one person got one reward and the rest did not.

    Now here is why I am complaining this is taken for the DEVS Diary
    The Bounder’s Bounty Developer Diary
    By Aubergine

    Well, hello there! Aubergine here, and as the good hobbits have had me quite busy in helping them set up their fundraising campaign, thought I’d take the time to share some of the details with you.
    The Bounder’s Bounty will run until the release of Helm’s Deep. Unlike a more traditional festival, you participate by simply by logging in and playing LOTRO just as you normally do. You’ll just need to include some occasional trips to Michel Delving.<-------- NOW READ THIS DO YOU SEE THE PART THAT SAYS NORMAL!!!!!!!!!




    Now if in fact you can't obtain enough tokens to Unlock your server and get the rewards the the event is bugged. It dose not say anything about MAD grinding Festivals to get the rewards Now does it!!

    SO should a person expect to have to run Festivals or just play NORMAL and DO NORMAL quest. It don't say anywhere here I would have to grind 10 hours a day to get the rewards now does it. SO if your happy because you wanted to run the Festival great but the Festivals are special not NORMAL questing.

    Now since the quest is not working the way they said it should we are complaining because right up to the point that the Farmer Festival started Most people could have easily unlocked there servers and even causal players could have got the horse or the Tarnished Symbol of Celebrimbor without mad grinding just plain old playing and questing that was what we where told and that was not what we are getting.

    But when they started that FF and the drop rates changed with no explanation, People would like to know why it not like they said it was.

    Don't give me that BS about its free and I want too much for free and I should be happy with what ever I get for free. There is not one thing in this game I did not pay for trust me and want I paid for was a game that works right and right now till someone tells me this event is working right I am going to keep on complaining because by there own words it bugged and not working right it's broken !! Now fix it or tell us why they changed the drop rate when it seems it was working just fine till it bugged out or somebody over there messed up

    Now You should get your facts right it not about free stuff it the fact the quest was working just fine No body would have had to grind mad hours of anything we where told we could just play normal and if we ran a festival or not it should not make any difference.

    So far there has been nothing NORMAL about the way you would have to play to get anything from the event and I think we have a right to a answer from the Folks that made the event to tell us why!





    As you are out questing and defeating mobs, you will find that Bags of Bounder’s Tokens will drop periodically. You can also obtain Bags of Bounder’s Tokens from festival quests, Hobbit Presents and Locked Loot Boxes.
    When you first open a Bag of Bounder’s Tokens, you will be directed to see Meg Proudfoot, the Bounder’s Token Collector, who’s standing by the statue in Michel Delving center. She’ll be collecting all of your donations of Bounder’s Tokens throughout the event. She accepts donations in stacks of 50 tokens at a time.

    Near Meg are two Bounder vendors, the Bounder’s Token Rewards Vendor and the Bounder’s Bounty Vendor. The Bounder’s Token Rewards Vendor is your personal vendor. When you as an individual donate tokens, you will advance deeds which in turn unlock access to rewards.

    The Bounder’s Bounty Vendor, on the other hand, is unlocked only when the server as a whole reaches the Bounder’s fund-raising goals. You can always check on your server’s progress by mousing over the statue. Current server collection numbers will be displayed there.

    When this goal is completed, all persons on the server will gain the Bounder’s Boon! This buff will persist until the launch of Helm’s Deep.
    1. Events always require a time element. Farmer's Faire meta was uncompletable without at least 8 days of play in order to be able to finish the restocking quests.

    2. Yes, I was able to get some things, not actually everything I want yet, but I had tokens to spend without actually making collecting them my focus. I was focused on the Faire and the Bounder's stuff was a happy side-effect. Sorry if that irks you, but it's the truth and as I quite truthfully stated I didn't say that to brag but to underline how beneficial the Festivals are in the process of amassing tokens.

    3. You seem to take great offense to opinions which don't align and/or support yours, but it doesn't follow that dissenters 'don't care' about everyone else. If I didn't actually want to help I wouldn't be trying to get people to think about how to do this easier and faster and less painfully than grinding. I could have saved my time and kept this point of view to myself.

    4. I'm not telling you what you need or don't need. I am stating that there is a clear differentiation between needs and wants. Not a lot of people are capable of discerning the difference anymore, that much is obvious.

    5. As a fellow paying customer I am also entitled to post or reply anything I so choose provided I abide by the terms of service, whether I've been playing every single day for years or not. If you don't like that, too bad for you. As to your 'judge and jury' quip, well dear, I'll form opinions on who and what I choose at the time of my own choosing, and I don't require your permission to do so. BUT I haven't judged. I've posted my opinion and point of view on the matter, and I'm very well qualified to do so. You aren't dealing with someone who is young, poorly educated, of low intellect or a complete newbie. I'm no greenhorn to MMOs, gaming or grinding, thanks all the same. One fantasy MMO is much the same as another and virtually everything is transferable, and a miserable grind is a miserable grind regardless of what game it occurs in.

    6. Yes, the current drop rate sucks. I got one bag in 3 hours of play last night, which is precisely why I, personally, absolutely and completely refuse to landscape grind. If that's the sort of thing that turns your crank, have fun, keep calm and carry on.

    7. Contrary to what you may believe I completely respect your position that you want an official statement on the matter.

    8. With regard to the Dev Post, I can't argue with that. However (big however), my underlying point was if playstyle A isn't working out, there is an alternative. It might not be your personal cup of tea, but it exists nonetheless. It's easier. It's faster than the current option. It requires less playtime. You may loathe Festivals from the depth of your soul. You may argue rightly that it wasn't supposed to be this way. BUT, with what you CURRENTLY have to work with I would think it would be far less painful and far quicker to grind the damned Festivals than to landscape grind mobs day after day, week after week; but hey, whatever floats your boat.

    9. I never said a damned thing about Free. I didn't use the word free anywhere in my post. What I did say was that while you are contending that the event is now 'broken' because the drop rate was reduced after the initial rush of tokens, I am positing that it's equally as likely that the event started off broken and is now fixed. Without a dev reply we can argue either way.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004f80c0/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  23. #373
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nashville Tn, USA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybelline View Post
    Cybelline .
    Ok this is getting nowhere so I am naot going to continue the quibble between you and I. I just got the feeling you thought people are complaining here with no just reason. I might not have been your comment about the free and wanting more for free I thin it was another post that followed and I mixed it up.

    Right now LOTRO has enough Problems getting folk to play this game anymore and they just keep P%ssing folks off all this little stuff they do adds up and finally they drive people off like they have done for the last year they have managed to kill all but 3 US servers. If they don't start hearing there customers soon they wont need to expand this game anymore soon they could have there server farm in the mens room running from some guys palm while he taking a leak.

    I wuld bet that this thread would be half as long if they just would answer. They don't even answer in the thread Sapience started for pete sake. There are even more Ticked off folks there.

    Oh and a answer to your too ? is this broken now or fixed. Its broken the first 3 days or so the drop rate was just like it is now terrible, people complained then and they fixed it and the drop rate went up again till the FF started.

    Also do you really think if a person was to play Normal they would have anything with the drop rate as it is now. I think is you add the 2 together it points to this being broken now. I mean first it low then it goes up then the FF starts the drop rate goes back down and never goes back up after the festival is over. I don't think it would be possible to play this game Normal, that would mean not even to just farm better drop area for bags or any of the special events they had over the last few weeks would add up to much and it sure won't help the servers that are still locked.

    I play on 10 servers so I see it from both sides.

    Sure you can still get lots of nice thing without getting 1500 tokens but I think the horse was meant to be had fairly easy just like all the festivals. They give away tons of horses in this game if they made a event with a horse it mostly fairly easy to get.

    I don't think the grinding 14 characters to get one horse was what they had it mind.

    After you have been here long enough you will see it takes them forever to fix anything. The stable horse that ran off the road and got you killed lasted 6 months before they fixed it.

    This would not be the first time there was a problem with a broken quest in a event that did not get fixed. They ran one event that had a broken quest in it from the year before*ROLLINGMYEYES*

    I really don't think anyone is asking for anything here that should not be done. I don't think the Devs sat down and said ok how can we P*ss everyone off but its very possible they broke something and can't fix it like mostly. That would also be why they don't answer this or any other thread." Ahh Gee it broke and we can't fix it" don't look real good would you put that in writing in a forum of angry peps *lol*
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

  24. #374
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,839
    I guess the folks that used the rich times to obtain humongous heaps of tokens may have ruined the party a bit for those that collect them at a slower pace.

    I guess the previous generous! droprate won't be put back into the game because Turbine is monitoring it all and thinks it pans out allright all over the board. Servers are doing well accross the board, and plenty of folks are drowning in tokens so if you're not by now, well tough luck. Hope for the harvestmath to drown you in tokens if you put in the time.

    Accept the current droprate and move on. Hope for another nice event like the Baggin's Birthday, that was rich in tokens allright, to pop up in the near future.

    And don't hold your breath awaiting official response. This is obviously just not important enough compared to other things (HD beta *cough*). And maybe it isn't?

  25. #375
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27
    Well for evernight the drop rate is horrible, i even doubt we will ever get it finished before hd as we get slowed down and people are sick and tired. it's pure discrimination for the smaller server these event. where all other server are enjoying there buffs for over a month now we still struggle to get it done. very very good promotion for evernight, every new player is never going to join our server due the fact that everyone can see how terrible it is.

 

 
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload