We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    I find it fascinating that some people seem to think every player must be at level cap.

The drop rate for me has dropped to 0. My server finally hit it's quota day before yesterday. I haven't had a bag drop since. That is 9 hours, 5 characters, 7 areas, no bounder bag drops. But that is the way my luck runs. If there is a 1% chance of me losing, I have already lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    So yeah, I'm hoping for the droprate to hit that 5% farming sweetspot once more. I enjoyed that.
    And that's exactly the point! To make you want for something. As long as game developers keep you want for something, they are good.
    And as soon as you get it, you will need to start longing for something else, otherwise you just quit the game.

Seriously now. I guess a lot of quick and sharp people already collected enough bags to get them 5 or 10 Tarnished symbols of Celebrimor. Slow and do-not-have-enough-time-for-anything public will always keep behind and will always keep complaining in "it's not fair" sense, making the first group of people very happy!

Quote Originally Posted by evguenil View Post
    And that's exactly the point! To make you want for something. As long as game developers keep you want for something, they are good.
    And as soon as you get it, you will need to start longing for something else, otherwise you just quit the game.

Seriously now. I guess a lot of quick and sharp people already collected enough bags to get them 5 or 10 Tarnished symbols of Celebrimor. Slow and do-not-have-enough-time-for-anything public will always keep behind and will always keep complaining in "it's not fair" sense, making the first group of people very happy!
    That's a pretty narrow view.
    I would wager the group that's happy is a very small one, i don't really see why anyone should be happy, the droprate change makes the contribution plaque absolutely meaningless.
    Winning a race where the guy that started later continiously gets sticks thrown between his legs can't really be that fun.
    But eh i pretty much got the horses, titles, tokens and tools i wanted so everything now is just bonus.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    ...The drop rate for me has dropped to 0...
    Same for me. I have played for days and have not gotten a single, solitary token. Not one. So I'll never get that Micheal Delving Horse as I turned in all my tokens so the server could reach it's goal and since then I've not gotten a Bounders Token at all.

[COLOR=#ff0000]On the naughty list since 1959.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Valadilene View Post
    Same for me. I have played for days and have not gotten a single, solitary token. Not one. So I'll never get that Micheal Delving Horse as I turned in all my tokens so the server could reach it's goal and since then I've not gotten a Bounders Token at all.

This does not bode well.

Those who are getting decent drops now, which servers?

Me, on Silverlode, which has not reach the goal yet, I am getting reasonable drops the last few days.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    This does not bode well.

Me, on Silverlode, which has not reach the goal yet, I am getting reasonable drops the last few days.
    I'm on Gladden and I'm getting reasonable drops when I focus on farming. We've met goal three days ago.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Same here .. donated every token to help the server, now have nothing left for personal use. I just went through no less than 200 mobs and got zero bag drops. I will just go back to focusing on my regular questing and wait until others announce some good news about the drop rate. Only then will I put any more effort into this. I love this game and spend more time doing this than I feel comfortable admitting to (*grin*) but sometimes it genuinely irks me how Turbine treats it's players. For every irked player there are a bunch more players very ready and willing to wag their finger and attempt putting us in our place for daring to complain (of which I rarely ever do .. just ask the husband who has yet to pull me into his SWTOR world) but even the staunchest defender of this game has to admit that sometimes .. sometimes .. Turbine makes things harder than they honestly need to be.

I am a *hobbit* through and through but as time goes by, Turbine has me wondering if they even appreciate us players. I don't want *easy mode*. I just want to enjoy some of these otherwise wonderful events and tasks without feeling the need to scratch my eyes out.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001e93fa/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

7 characters, 16 hours in 2 day, 9 lands, over 1K kills. No bags. Has nothing to do with kill rate, when ,where, or who. It's just plane bugged, simple as that. For some people bags simply are not dropping.

Has anyone taken any notice of whether or not the bags drop more frequently on level appropriate kills? I get one every now and then (around 75ish kills), but I'm out questing and deeding on mostly green-to-me mobs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004f80c0/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Cybelline View Post
    Has anyone taken any notice of whether or not the bags drop more frequently on level appropriate kills? I get one every now and then (around 75ish kills), but I'm out questing and deeding on mostly green-to-me mobs.
    The only evidence I've seen posted was the opposite, I've seen posts claiming that on-level kills actually drop less bags.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

I have seen no evidence ether way

Add me to the list of people for whom token bags are apparently no longer dropping. I went out and cut a pretty wide swath through Agamaur - enough to kills to have a gold in vendor trash to sell - and got zero bags. It's not a big deal to me since I was only going for the horse and it's overly appealing to me anyhow, but this is pretty lame overall. There are people who handed in all of their tokens to help their server who are up the creek and really want some of this stuff. Now they're completely hosed through no fault of their own.
    solien
    armor-plated since SoA alpha 3
    arkenstone: roxxi manor

I was getting bags here & there & now I am getting nothing.

Really no bags looted?

I had a quick deed in ered luin 6 hours ago, 75 kills total and got 5 bags in that time. Perhaps just a blip of RNG luck?

Quote Originally Posted by scoughlin View Post
    The only evidence I've seen posted was the opposite, I've seen posts claiming that on-level kills actually drop less bags.
    Without taking a loot at actual numbers and data and all that jazz, my guess would just be that killing enemies on-level, while providing you with better drops for your level, simply makes your kills per second (KPS) suffer, and hence you are not accruing the potential for bounder bag drops as quickly.
    Zyngor || Main server: Landroval (also on Arkenstone & others) // LOTRO Players
    My LOTRO Character List (wiki page)

The whole process seemed poorly planned out from the beginning, thou i guess its purpose was simply to give people something to do and to hold onto a few subs until HD release

had the same last night... trying another urugarth... halfway i stopped... no drops at all...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Hmm could it be that servers that hit the goal have a significantly lower drop rate again ? I did get decent drops on eldar (the about 2%) but on landroval i got nearly no drop at all.
    Don't have a big enough sample size but it feels that way.
    Nothing here matters.

I get 3 to 5 bags daily playing 4 hours in the evening and I do quests/instances/etc... without killing tons of mobs just for bags or for fun.

Do you kill on-level enemies or do you kill 'gray' monsters?

I guess there'll be another festival or something soon where you can earn some extra bounder tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post

I'm questing on Landroval and I can tell ya, I'm gettin' no bling from the RNG!
    [COLOR=#ff0000]On the naughty list since 1959.[/COLOR]

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    If anyone is on Gladden and having trouble, I'd be happy take you on one of my farming runs. A kinmate and I ran around west Himbar for a couple hours last night farming CotN rep items. We both got several bags and she even got two +70s in that time. I'll gladly assist any lowbies on the server who don't have a good KPS.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

I'm questing on Landroval and I can tell ya, I'm gettin' no bling from the RNG!
    Running the stairs trying to drop the last 3 pages for legendary skills....1 bag!!!

Got 2 pages...1 to go
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

As has been said the drop rate seems to very wildly from server to server and account to account.
    I'm still scratching my head over this one. My champion is back to doing on level quest in annuminas. Walked through from entrance to wardens camp. Having some serious good battles; almost died a few times. Took about an hour and filled my bags. Went to do the burning banners quest and managed to get 3 done before there were just too many enemies on me to handle; about ten minutes lol. Figured I jump to town to clear out my bags and found 4 bounders bags setting in my over flow. So after two days of no drops I got 4 in ten minutes WTH? Then nothing the rest of the evening.

I just don't get it, but that was enough for my champ to get the universal tool kit, which was all I really wanted.

But it seems whether you are fighting on or off level mobs makes no difference. Kill rate doesn't seem to ether as my champ only killed 8 or 9 in that ten minutes where she got 4 bags. Where as my hobbit guardian spent a couple hours slaughtering on level goblins and got none.

I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    I just don't get it.
    I think that sums up "random" in a way.

With all festivals done they really should increase it back to what it was for all servers, so everyone has the chance to get everything they want without farming for hours a day until the xpack hits.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast