We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
    They seem to have a better drop rate for me anyways. I think I got 2-4 over the last 3 days. I have had 5 or 6 drop today with minimal combat (less than an hour).

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Another update for anyone interested. They have definitely upped the drop rate since maintenance.

I spent some time farming Sarnur this morning. Again I decided to see how long it would take to get 15 Bags of Bounders Tokens (one full inventory bag).

I started at 9:38am and hit 15 bags at 10:13. I continued to farm for the next 15 and I had acquired those by 10:44am. I got approx 375-385 tokens from these 30 bags (I forgot to take note of what I had before starting this morning, but no more that 15 as I had just spent all of the ones I had yesterday on the Steed of Michel Delving.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Did another fifteen bags, and this time it went a bit slower. More like the results I had yesterday. Logged chat while doing it this time for some extra stats.

Log begin time- 09/24 10:57 AM
    Enemies killed- 843 (Determined by number of instances "Your mighty blow" appeared in the log
    Bags obtained- 15
    Code:
    Line 237: [09/24 11:00:11 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 640: [09/24 11:05:47 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 718: [09/24 11:06:55 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 807: [09/24 11:08:09 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 933: [09/24 11:09:32 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1287: [09/24 11:14:04 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1699: [09/24 11:19:23 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 1930: [09/24 11:22:08 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2327: [09/24 11:27:28 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 2676: [09/24 11:32:01 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 3169: [09/24 11:38:26 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 3311: [09/24 11:40:20 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 3825: [09/24 11:46:54 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 3847: [09/24 11:47:22 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
        Line 4073: [09/24 11:50:12 AM] You have acquired [Bag of Bounder's Tokens].
    Time taken to reach fifteen bags- 53 minutes
    Tokens gathered- 135
    Code:
    [09/24 11:50:22 AM] You have acquired [5 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:50:27 AM] You have acquired [20 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:50:32 AM] You have acquired [10 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:50:38 AM] You have acquired [5 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:50:43 AM] You have acquired [10 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:50:48 AM] You have acquired [10 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:50:54 AM] You have acquired [10 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:50:59 AM] You have acquired [10 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:51:04 AM] You have acquired [5 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:51:11 AM] You have acquired [20 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:51:16 AM] You have acquired [5 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:51:21 AM] You have acquired [5 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:51:27 AM] You have acquired [10 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:51:32 AM] You have acquired [5 Bounder's Tokens].
    [09/24 11:51:35 AM] You have acquired [5 Bounder's Tokens].
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Did another fifteen bags, and this time it went a bit slower. More like the results I had yesterday. Logged chat while doing it this time for some extra stats.

Log begin time- 09/24 10:57 AM
    Enemies killed- 843 (Determined by number of instances "Your mighty blow" appeared in the log
    Bags obtained- 15
    1.7%;

While 2% would be a 100% improvement on the 1% we had earlier, I dont know if its enough to turn the tide of frustration when we had 5% at one point.; Fortunately, most worlds are almost done.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    1.7%;

While 2% would be a 100% improvement on the 1% we had earlier, I dont know if its enough to turn the tide of frustration when we had 5% at one point.; Fortunately, most worlds are almost done.
    I'd say it's probably around 3% now based on what I got in my previous post. Thirty bags in an hour and six minutes at the same-ish kill rate. The second hour was less, but combined, it's forty-five bags in two hours time. Considering I was barely getting 3-5 bags an hour with similar KPM after the Faire started, this is a major improvement.
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Looking a bit better on Silverlode as well, I did a 1 hour run in the Lone Lands and netted 17 bags for 155 tokens. This is still a far cry from the ~350 tokens an hour I was getting before Farmer's Faire, but is an improvement.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

Finished 1 hour in Lonelands and netted 16 bags on 516 kills. Not sure if it's based on the amount of time or the number of kills. Going to try Great River area later tonight to compare. This seems an improvement over the 2-4 per hour I was getting during the Faire. Since I wasn't able to get in early to take advantage of the previous high drop rate, one bag every 3-4 minutes doesn't seem bad to me.

(Level 76 Hunter on Gladden)

Phuu glad to hear this I just got 2 new games and stated playing Diablo last nite this bag drop thing had me so ticked off I was not planning to return unless this got fixed. I have tons a grey slayers to do since running these festival they give so much XP that all the quest in my quest logs are all grayed out. The only hope not to be bored to death was doing them for bounder bags. They really need to stop giving XP for festivals it's messing all my toons up and I have no intention of buying 150 xp disables.

I was so done if they did not fix this. I just did not want to do anymore of these boring events to get tokens

So Good News WooT
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    So Good News WooT
    I agree

Maybe I will get the 3 deeds after all
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Drop rate's definitely seen a small increase, yea.

I am still crossing my fingers that it goes back to pre-Farmer's Faire levels after the birthdays are done on the 26th. Here's for hoping

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

I thought You guys said the drop rate was fixed 2.5 hours in the borrows and got like 120 tokens Most times it was 40 to 50 kills to get a bag and most of them where 5's This is still going tp be painful yo farm. It went from 3 or bags a hour to 5 to 7
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    I thought You guys said the drop rate was fixed 2.5 hours in the borrows and got like 120 tokens Most times it was 40 to 50 kills to get a bag and most of them where 5's
    We never said 'Fixed' we said 'increased'.

a bag 50 kills is a drop rate of 2%. A bag every 40 kills is a drop rate of 2.5% ; Both of which are significant improvements to the Faire's rate of 1%.

Is it worth slaughtering mobs? That's entirely up to you.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Pre-Faire drop percentage seemed to be at least 8-10%, and while the rate is a lot better than it has been, it's still quite a bit lower than it was. The majority of servers will hit the 1.75 million goal within a week, so there really shouldn't be anything stopping them from replacing the previous high drop rate.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

Quote Originally Posted by scoughlin View Post
    Pre-Faire drop percentage seemed to be at least 8-10%, and while the rate is a lot better than it has been, it's still quite a bit lower than it was. The majority of servers will hit the 1.75 million goal within a week, so there really shouldn't be anything stopping them from replacing the previous high drop rate.
    Where's the data with a decent sample size that every showed 8-10%? The most I ever saw was half that, pre-Faire. Valid data needs decent sample size, info showing # of kills, # of group members, # of bags awarded.
    Last edited by Moochi; Sep 25 2013 at 02:59 AM.
    Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: Glaistig Skop | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba

Moochinbras - former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval

Tonight, 1037 kills (deeding in Lonelands) while 6boxing netted 124 bags on Silverlode. Where we're still working on the statue, fwiw.
    124/(1037*6) = 1.99% (+/-0.35% @ 95% confidence level).

This is ~double what I saw during Faire doing similar tests, and half or less of what I saw pre-Faire. Looks to be in line with others' findings?
    Last edited by Moochi; Sep 25 2013 at 03:23 AM. Reason: confidence infos
    Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: Glaistig Skop | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba

Moochinbras - former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval

Only did a small test with an alt doing deeds in the School yesterday, had about 1 or 2 bags per full clear.
    It'll probably encourage me to finish off some slayer deeds on alts but i won't go out farming for the tokens anymore.

On the plus side it should push all servers but 2 over the edge this week.
    On the negative side it still does nothing to help the validity of the recognition plaque.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Another update for anyone interested. They have definitely upped the drop rate since maintenance.
    Just to prevent possible missunderstandings: alteration of the droprate does not require the system going into maintenance. It involves a server command and a procedure that can be done "on the fly" (which sounds easier than it actually is), without ever taking the worlds off-line.

So the droprate can be changed at any given moment really, without us noticing 'worlds going down for maintenance'.

I'd go as far as to say the alteration of the droprate is likely never done -during- maintenance, only after maintenance is complete and all systems are confirmed running. But that is entering the realm of speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    Just to prevent possible missunderstandings: alteration of the droprate does not require the system going into maintenance. It involves a server command and a procedure that can be done "on the fly" (which sounds easier than it actually is), without ever taking the worlds off-line.

So the droprate can be changed at any given moment really, without us noticing 'worlds going down for maintenance'.

I'd go as far as to say the alteration of the droprate is likely never done -during- maintenance, only after maintenance is complete and all systems are confirmed running. But that is entering the realm of speculation.
    You're right and actually as was proven the drop rate can vary from server to server. So i guess my 1 - 2 backs per school clear only holds true for eldar.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post

I know. I had a feeling, from when they dropped it so harshly, that they did it is a preventative measure to keep the complaints that you couldn't donate after server reached goal and that lowbies weren't getting their tiers completed to a minimum.

It's all I meant by "since maintenance" since maintenance fixed those issues.
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Well My wife and I ran Sarnur last nite on Arkenstone and in 4 hours I had 4 bags 2) 5 bags and 2) 10 bags. My wife only 2) 5 bags So I guess you got what you got here on Arkenstone. I did 3 to 4 hours or so in the borrows too and got about 70 tokens So for a 7 to 8 hour day I got 100 total tokens. so there will be not horses for my Arkenstone stone guys I got about 1000 tokens since the started . This whole thing is a joke. The most tokens I got was from running the Farmers Festival. I am not sure what happen but I thought this was supposed to be able to be done with normal game play. All the stuff I have been running has been at or near level normal game play.

If the tokens can not be had doing my deeds and questing I will not run anymore Festivals to this event, It spoils the Festival and the bounder event all in one shot. My Favorite Festival is next but this is my 3rd year to run the fall fest so I was not planing to run it much so I don't get burned out, After the last farmers fest I would not run that ever again if you held a gun to my head,

This bounder thing has turned into the worst grind I have every seen. I seen the post here that the rates went up so I came back again but the rate has not gone up not a drop. It would seem they made this contest for the bounder thing and then they had 2nd thoughts and nuked it or something. I was hoping to get one Symbol and one horse for like 3 character on my main 3 server. right now I would maybe 1 symbol and 1 horse if I get lucky for the whole server.

I really hope this was not how they intended this to be otherwise this was a mean tease !!

I wish you all better luck then me good luck to all !!

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi View Post
    Tonight, 1037 kills (deeding in Lonelands) while 6boxing netted 124 bags on Silverlode. Where we're still working on the statue, fwiw.
    124/(1037*6) = 1.99% (+/-0.35% @ 95% confidence level).

This is ~double what I saw during Faire doing similar tests, and half or less of what I saw pre-Faire. Looks to be in line with others' findings?
    I second this. Current rate is about 2%. The very first rate was at best 1%. That was upped to 5% just before the Farmer's Faire. I did not do much of the Faire. The Baggins' Birthday guaranteed 18 bags per character. That one I did (it was quick and easy enough). If the Birthday ends tonight, MN PDT, then I will see if the rate gets a buff from 2% or not. For me, the drops are random from kills. It doesn't much matter where the kills are as long as the mobs have the bags in their table.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

I've been getting about 2% as well (1 per 50 kills), with an average of 7.5 tokens per bag.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#f0fff0][I]Trilli M Thistletoes ~ Hobbit Hunter of Gladden, Landroval & Crickhollow[/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Still finding the drop rate very low and as casual player with only 30 minutes here and there to play most of the time, this much reduced drop rate puts most of this event way out of my reach meaning there is another part of the game that is "not for me"

i was enjoying grinding out all those slayer deeds I had in my log whilst earning tokens but now even that is seeming a little more pointless...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000018fdee/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Solthir View Post
    Still finding the drop rate very low and as casual player with only 30 minutes here and there to play most of the time, this much reduced drop rate puts most of this event way out of my reach meaning there is another part of the game that is "not for me"

i was enjoying grinding out all those slayer deeds I had in my log whilst earning tokens but now even that is seeming a little more pointless...
    What is the meaning of your post? Do you need some kind words from community that would cheer you a bit?
    OK, I have it. With HD out, the bounder tokens will be obsolete. 85 level gear and Tarnished Symbol of Celebrimor will not be of importence anymore because everyone will be hard working for level 95 gear and level 95 LI.

Quote Originally Posted by evguenil View Post
    What is the meaning of your post? Do you need some kind words from community that would cheer you a bit?
    OK, I have it. With HD out, the bounder tokens will be obsolete. 85 level gear and Tarnished Symbol of Celebrimor will not be of importence anymore because everyone will be hard working for level 95 gear and level 95 LI.
    No need to belittle here, I think? As Solthir, I too was actually having fun token farming.

I know that sounds outright silly: here's a guy with academic education and professional level, having fun just doubleclicking hordes and hordes of seriously underlevelled goblins. But there's an enjoyable Pavlov effect to bounder bags popping up in your lootlist and working towards a goal. Just. one. more. bag. That and the relaxing metrum of massacring by oneshotting, after a hard day's work.

I'm not in it for the symbol or the gear. I'd like the deed completed (yeah, OCD too), and the steed.

Farmer's Faire wasn't my thing for gathering tokens. Baggin's Birthday was sweet, I'm glad I was able to complete that (took me 9 hourly checks!), but so far the most fun way for me to gather tokens was trancy, soulless token farming. Just. one. more. bag.

So yeah, I'm hoping for the droprate to hit that 5% farming sweetspot once more. I enjoyed that.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast