We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianne_EU View Post
    Some more figures from Gilrain while doing slayer deeds.

3-boxing trolls in Haerlog. Mobs killed: 180 in 30 minutes.
    Character 1: 4 bags, 20 tokens,
    Character 2: 10 bags, 155 tokens.
    Character 3: 10 bags, 75 tokens.
    Total: 24 bags, 250 tokens.

6-boxing in the Shire. Round 1, slugs, wolves, harvest-flies and assorted trash mobs. Mobs killed: 633 in 60 minutes.
    Character 1: 31 bags, 275 tokens.
    Character 2: 35 bags, 375 tokens.
    Character 3: 30 bags, 245 tokens.
    Character 4: 30 bags, 335 tokens.
    Character 5: 41 bags, 530 tokens.
    Character 6: 33 bags, 335 tokens.
    Total: 200 bags, 2095 tokens.

6-boxing in the Shire. Round 2, bandits, spiders and goblins. Mobs killed: 481 in 45 minutes.
    Character 1: 28 bags, 270 tokens.
    Character 2: 19 bags, 265 tokens.
    Character 3: 22 bags, 150 tokens.
    Character 4: 22 bags, 270 tokens.
    Character 5: 20 bags, 150 tokens.
    Character 6: 36 bags, 390 tokens.
    Total: 147 bags, 1495 tokens.

The droprate may well have been increased for us as Gilrain is a very small server.
    This is very useful information. All 3 times, it looks like each time a character was awarded loot from a mob, there was about 1 chance in 20 of a bounders bag being awarded
    180*3/24 = 22.5 or 4.4%
    633*6/200 = 19.0 or 5.3%
    481*6/147 = 19.6 or 5.1%
    Seems a large enough sample to provide reasonably consistent results.

Less consistent is my test today of killing 100 mobs in the Archet starter instance on Firefoot, Silverlode, and Gilrain. Charaters were all new, and had same name, class, and gear. Results after 100 kills:
    Firefoot : 9
    Silverlode : 0
    Gilrain : 6
    My smaller sample does mean I place less value in my #s. However, Gilrain's 100/6 = 16.7 or 6%. Pretty close to Alianne_EU results. And my results for Firefoot and Silverlode are pretty much the same as those I saw running the same test on those servers yesterday:
    Firefoot : 9
    Silverlode : 1

I'm losing any doubt I had about different drop rates. I'm disappointed by the lack of communication from Turbine on this. Didn't they say they were going to be monitoring this and adjusting as needed? I'm left feeling that communication on this is not something they feel they need to do. :/
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post

mise en abyme

Responding to Moochi's very clever use of [.quote]
    I was unfamiliar with the term. Thanks for leading me to new knowledge.
    Learning something new is often a joy, if occasionally a regrettable thing. Hence the name of my lore-master : Epistemophiliac. One day I might level him.
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I thought I'd keep track of drops tonight when grinding deeds in Forochel on Firefoot:

Kills: 1900
    Bags dropped: 87
    Tokens from bags: 925

4.58% - how does that much up with other servers?
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

no hope

I have already came to the conclusion there is no way to get the bounder's warhorse outfit or anything else. Our server will be lucky to the total needed done before it is over.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000009a600/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by sting-sethkan View Post
    I have already came to the conclusion there is no way to get the bounder's warhorse outfit or anything else. Our server will be lucky to the total needed done before it is over.
    You still have over two months. I didn't think anyone was below halfway there already, and the thing has not been going for two months.

I got 70 Bounder's Tokens in a bag once.

http://i.imgur.com/tu6woP4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fipiara View Post
    I thought I'd keep track of drops tonight when grinding deeds in Forochel on Firefoot:

That was just one client, ya?

Silverlode - Evening of 2013.09.14
    3-boxing lots of loneland deed mobs and other things encountered along the way:
    Kills: 1204
    Loot awarded 1204x3 = 3612 times.
    Bags dropped: 30
    Tokens: 15(5)+12(10)+3(20)=255 spread across the 3 accounts.

0.83% - it doesn't match up too well to Firefoot's & Gilrain's drop rates.

Firefoot & Gilrain are now ahead of 10+ other servers. Isn't it time to raise the rest of us up yet? Why should individuals on other servers get a small fraction of the reward for equal amounts of work?
    Last edited by Moochi; Sep 15 2013 at 01:49 AM.
    [/FONT]

I'm beginning to suspect that they have not only altered the bag drop rate from mobs, but also the token amount of bags from Farmers' Faile quests. The vast majority of bags I've opened from these quests have contained 5 tokens. This has been a trend I've noticed over several days (I try to run the Faile quests each day as often as my schedule permits, since it's the only reasonable way to contribute to my server's totals). Prior to the start of the Faile, I could grind mobs in Agamaur and turn in 500-800 tokens; now I'm lucky to hand in 100 after a full round of Faile quests (although I don't do the fishing quests, the experience of dealing with them last year was too scarring).
    solien
    armor-plated since SoA alpha 3
    arkenstone: hall of fire & into the west

Quote Originally Posted by Solien View Post
    I'm beginning to suspect that they have not only altered the bag drop rate from mobs, but also the token amount of bags from Farmers' Faile quests
    There is not a different 'Bag of Bounders Tokens' Item awarded for the Faire quests than drops on the landscape. I am unsure if they have the ability to adjust the bag's weighted random values on the fly or not like they are the actual bag item's drop rate.
    Last edited by Crell_1; Sep 15 2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Solien View Post
    I'm beginning to suspect that they have not only altered the bag drop rate from mobs, but also the token amount of bags from Farmers' Faile quests. The vast majority of bags I've opened from these quests have contained 5 tokens. This has been a trend I've noticed over several days (I try to run the Faile quests each day as often as my schedule permits, since it's the only reasonable way to contribute to my server's totals). Prior to the start of the Faile, I could grind mobs in Agamaur and turn in 500-800 tokens; now I'm lucky to hand in 100 after a full round of Faile quests (although I don't do the fishing quests, the experience of dealing with them last year was too scarring).
    I think it's a crit thing. For example, I have noticed that when a lot of players are at Hobbiton Bywater, it tends to take a lot longer to get the yellow/golden apple from the crate. It was the same with opening envelopes in Bree. I opened mine in a separate loaded room, usually where the trainers are. And tended to get better stuff. Might be better to open the bounder bags in a separate load area as well.

Angry Congratulation Turbine

Congratulation Turbine.
    How low can your Customer Service fall?
    EVERYONE here have been asking for, at least, an explaination, which is highly due. But there has been not even a single official reply.
    Do we have to remember you that you said that people could gather those tokens by just doing what they did normally (e.g. levelling, deeding, etc.)?
    And more important, do we have to remember who are the ones that spend money for this game?
    Well, as someone that USED to buy the expansions or vip months, I can tell you that no more money will be spent.
    And fix the report system. It is unacceptable that tickets get closed after 30 seconds, at most, when an harasser is reported. It seems as if you don't care (like you are not caring for people feedbacks in this thread).

Don't hold your breath for an official response, if it's been more than a day or so (it's been ten already) then assume that we're being ignored again, it seems to be Turbine's standard operating procedure to stay silent on controversial things like this and the Festival Tokens fiasco.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

Quote Originally Posted by Fipiara View Post

This time did something closer to what you did; reducing the variables and whatnot.
    Grinding deeds in Forochel on Silverlode:

Kills: 1150
    Bags dropped: 12

1.04% - how does that match up with other servers?
    [/FONT]

It really seems like Silverlode is getting seriously shafted with the drop rate, even compared to the terrible rates on other servers. Many people have reported similar results ranging from 0.5% to 1.5%. Ridiculous. Fix it, Turbine.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

Quote Originally Posted by scoughlin View Post
    It really seems like Silverlode is getting seriously shafted with the drop rate, even compared to the terrible rates on other servers. Many people have reported similar results ranging from 0.5% to 1.5%. Ridiculous. Fix it, Turbine.
    it's not only silverlode... Imladris also has the same problem, i quit for that reason the whole bounder thing... we used to add 100k a day, now we even have days we don;t even make the 30k a day anymore...

Well i now settled for only getting my hobbits and dwarves the horses, so i guess i don't care anymore how the drop rate changes. I'm also still pretty sure they will pull every server over the goal line.
    I am free! But let me say this due the grind i'm pretty sure this was my first and will be the last farmers faire i've ever done.
    Nothing here matters.

I was off work today, it was raining, so I spent the day in LOTRO. I hunted orcs around the forbidden pool in Fangorn for six hours working on my uruk slayer deed. Sorry I don't have more accurate data for comparison, but SIX hours killing orcs. I got 5 bounder bags and 90 tokens. No other remarkable drops at all.

It's an utter joke.

I'm on Snowbourn BTW....

I hope after the end of the FF they return the drop rate to the old rate, the FF started just when I managed to get time to farm some tokens and barely get more than 2K tokens (with this small ammount I was forced to choose between donate the tokens and probably staying with a unfinished deed and none rewards or get at least the horse for my main char, I managed to get the horse and was expecting to at least get the deed for my main, but now the NPC don't have the quest anymore...). In this rythm I guess I will happy if I get outrider tokens for all my low level alts, horses for all or even at least a second age symbol for everyone will be inacessible with this drop rate and I'm already tired of doing the FF quests and farm the landscape doesn't compensate now, especially soloing...)

The Bilbo and Frodo's birthday event starts on Friday and lasts through the 25th, so we might not see the drop rate returned to what it was for a while yet. Hopefully we at least have all of October with the previous drop rate so those of us that still want to farm thousands of tokens can do so without burning out before Helm's Deep.

Well, Farmer's Faire is almost over. Let's hope it's ending sees the return of the old token droprate.

Hope to see the rates go back up as well. Have not gotten any tokens in about a week of questing now. I don't think there is a drop rate now. It would be different if I was actually still getting tokens without doing the faire but I am not. I haven't even hit 1000 tokens altogether yet or just barely since this began and as I said, none for about a week now. So I hope the rate goes back up for questing and deeding otherwise this event will just be a complete let down.

Edit: On a side note though, I did get a large bag of 100 tokens in the hobbit presents today. That was nice. Still would like to see the drop rate increase.
    Last edited by soltasword; Sep 18 2013 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    Hope to see the rates go back up as well. Have not gotten any tokens in about a week of questing now. I don't think there is a drop rate now. It would be different if I was actually still getting tokens without doing the faire but I am not. I haven't even hit 1000 tokens altogether yet or just barely since this began and as I said, none for about a week now. So I hope the rate goes back up for questing and deeding otherwise this event will just be a complete let down.

Edit: On a side note though, I did get a large bag of 100 tokens in the hobbit presents today. That was nice. Still would like to see the drop rate increase.
    there is still a droprate, but very low... but i did for a test another farming run, i did quit halfway... before the nerf i got like 200-300 tokens out of it, this time it was not even 20.... so it does still drop, but with current droprate i fear i will have only 150 tokens to spend by the time the event is over, no way no how i will ever get the mount...

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    As would I. As it stands, the only ones benefiting from this are multiboxers (maybe not so much as you can't multi the same account, but the server benefits) and those who love the festival. They've practically cut out the population of people who prefer to farm enemies.

Spent forty minutes on Rook's Hill and got nothing this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    there is still a droprate, but very low... but i did for a test another farming run, i did quit halfway... before the nerf i got like 200-300 tokens out of it, this time it was not even 20.... so it does still drop, but with current droprate i fear i will have only 150 tokens to spend by the time the event is over, no way no how i will ever get the mount...
    Economics 101 - When income drops people conserve what they have. If the situation that exists now (i.e. people stop or slow spending of tokens) is not EXACTLY (or near exactly) what was originally intended by Turbine/WB/whoever, he/she skipped a few essential days of high school.

They proved how easy it was to adjust the drop rate as a hotfix without interruption of service when they first bumped it up. If they had any intention of making any corrections, they already would have. If they had any intention of making this a matter for discussion or compromise, they would've responded to this or other similar threads.

For my part, as a casual/solo player, I'm pretty much done making efforts to get tokens to contribute at these drop rates. The Farmers Faire allowed me to collect enough tokens to get what I wanted on most of my toons, if the vendor ever becomes unlocked on the servers where I play. If it doesn't get unlocked... let's just say I won't be happy about all the time I wasted

Quote Originally Posted by lindt View Post
    Economics 101 - When income drops people conserve what they have. If the situation that exists now (i.e. people stop or slow spending of tokens) is not EXACTLY (or near exactly) what was originally intended by Turbine/WB/whoever, he/she skipped a few essential days of high school.

They proved how easy it was to adjust the drop rate as a hotfix without interruption of service when they first bumped it up. If they had any intention of making any corrections, they already would have. If they had any intention of making this a matter for discussion or compromise, they would've responded to this or other similar threads.

For my part, as a casual/solo player, I'm pretty much done making efforts to get tokens to contribute at these drop rates. The Farmers Faire allowed me to collect enough tokens to get what I wanted on most of my toons, if the vendor ever becomes unlocked on the servers where I play. If it doesn't get unlocked... let's just say I won't be happy about all the time I wasted
    I'm still pretty convinced they will adjust the values if necessary to get every server through, anything else would be a PR disaster.
    Nothing here matters.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast