We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    I'm still pretty convinced they will adjust the values if necessary to get every server through, anything else would be a PR disaster.
    A slight re edit: I'm still pretty unconvinced they will adjust the values as necessary to get every server through, it already is a bit of a PR boo-boo.

Pity it started off so well!
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    A slight re edit: I'm still pretty unconvinced they will adjust the values as necessary to get every server through, it already is a bit of a PR boo-boo.

Pity it started off so well!
    I'm trying to be positive, quite frankly if eldar doesn't manage to unlock the rewards it might be a big enough boo boo to make me think about my commitment to the game. And well i'd rather not do that :P
    Nothing here matters.

Now that the Farmer's Faire has ended, is anyone noticing a return to the higher drop rate?
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by scoughlin View Post
    Now that the Farmer's Faire has ended, is anyone noticing a return to the higher drop rate?
    Not since I tried this morning.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Quote Originally Posted by scoughlin View Post
    No.
    In fact, since the acquisition rate for the shipwrecked marnier event is much lower than the farmer's faire, its even worse than it was yesterday.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi View Post
    This is very useful information. All 3 times, it looks like each time a character was awarded loot from a mob, there was about 1 chance in 20 of a bounders bag being awarded
    180*3/24 = 22.5 or 4.4%
    633*6/200 = 19.0 or 5.3%
    481*6/147 = 19.6 or 5.1%
    Seems a large enough sample to provide reasonably consistent results.
    /
    7224 drops across all characters with a total drop rate of 5.14%, the sample error on the experiment is 0.267%.
    drop rate of 5.14 +/-0.267%
    Which is actually pretty good stats

The other samples in the thread measuring in the hundreds are a bit dodgy though
    Last edited by Shooby; Sep 19 2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: mis-calculation

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    No.
    In fact, since the acquisition rate for the shipwrecked marnier event is much lower than the farmer's faire, its even worse than it was yesterday.
    *sigh*

Well. Good thing I am busy with other things this weekend, not much time to play anyhow.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Enough of this festival reward nonsense. Return the drop rate to what it was before Farmer's Faire so we can get back to business. Other servers have already reached the goal, for weeks now. Seems a bit unfair to say, "You have until HD to finish," then cripple or almost eliminate our ability to do so two months before. What now, Turbine?
    [b]Alistel - Lvl 83 - Elf - Lore-master * Calix - Lvl 60 - Man - Captain * Victore - Lvl 39 - Man - Minstrel * Aurielle - Lvl 38 - Woman - Guardian * Wulfic - Lvl 36 - Elf - Hunter * Rhoren - Lvl 18 - Hobbit - Burglar * Bjoric - Lvl 25 - Man - Warden * Viiviana - Lvl 14 - Elf - Rune-keeper[/b]

Spent about 20 minutes on the Tale of the Shipwrecked Mariner stuff and bartered for two bounder's bags at the end of it to get a total of 10 tokens. Oh hooray, I guess this is the new way to get tokens until the next festival? What happened to Turbine's claim that there would be more ways of obtaining tokens as time went on? Prior to the farmer's faire it was actually worth it to farm landscape mobs for tokens, now there's no reliable way to obtain them.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

You do know that you don't actually have to run the length and breadth of the river? They respawn so quickly you can run back and forth over the same 100 yd piece of ground and keep looting.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004f80c0/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Cybelline View Post
    You do know that you don't actually have to run the length and breadth of the river? They respawn so quickly you can run back and forth over the same 100 yd piece of ground and keep looting.
    Still means collecting from at least 20 things to get enough to barter for each bag. 10 of which have that pesky "do you really want to take this?" message to click each time... And when most bounder bags seems to give me 5 tokens, meh.

All the same, nice to be able to get bounder bags by collecting while looking for those lockers.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Just what happen to there statement that that this bounder thing was just to run along side normal play I had having a gun to my head to run dumb festivals. I mostly run beer runs for the Ale Asso. during Festivals and do slayers I missed. What started out Good is now once again FUBAR.
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

I experienced a drop in bags when the Faire started, but it still averaged about 5 bags per hour. Today I thought it would go back to normal, but ended up with even worse drop rates: 4 hours, 6 bags total (1 bag the last 2 hours!). This is across a range of regions from on-level (75) down to level 30. At least 2,000 kills. I'm hoping for improvement tomorrow, but motivation is waning.

(Level 76 Hunter on Gladden.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimwise77 View Post
    I experienced a drop in bags when the Faire started, but it still averaged about 5 bags per hour. Today I thought it would go back to normal, but ended up with even worse drop rates: 4 hours, 6 bags total (1 bag the last 2 hours!). This is across a range of regions from on-level (75) down to level 30. At least 2,000 kills. I'm hoping for improvement tomorrow, but motivation is waning.

(Level 76 Hunter on Gladden.)
    I would think they will keep these terrible drop rates til there done with that birthday deal now and then it will be the autumn fest and so one by then Hd will be out and it will be over. I have had my fill of disappointment in this game over the last year. I really thought the bounder thing was going to be so cool, then the killed the drop rate and spoiled it just like everything they do.
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

I'm trying to be positive, quite frankly if eldar doesn't manage to unlock the rewards it might be a big enough boo boo to make me think about my commitment to the game. And well i'd rather not do that :P
    Eldar was doing just fine and was in some middle position among the servers, until the farmers faire hit. If this hasn't happened, it was going to be finished by now, by far.
    But don't worry, all servers will get it done. This is just some additional info coming from the very nice graphs people made for the event, telling how much people on Eldar care about the FF, meaning that they don't really ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Danchir View Post
    Eldar was doing just fine and was in some middle position among the servers, until the farmers faire hit. If this hasn't happened, it was going to be finished by now, by far.
    But don't worry, all servers will get it done. This is just some additional info coming from the very nice graphs people made for the event, telling how much people on Eldar care about the FF, meaning that they don't really
    Yep it was pretty disheartening to see the turn in rate drop a few kilometers once the faire hit :P, should be proud of Eldar though we're not bullied into things we don't want to do lol.
    Nothing here matters.

should be proud of Eldar though we're not bullied into things we don't want to do lol.
    True. I'm proud that Eldar is among the few with highest [pre-FF]/[FF] ratio of donations, even if the FF lasted twice more time :)

Tsuhelm ivestigates missing bounder's bags COMIC...

I am not sure you can read this but I wasted most of my morning at work making it!

[yeah...just spotted the spelling of Sauron!...oops!]
    Last edited by tsunamimc; Sep 20 2013 at 12:05 PM.
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

Bounder's Bounty on Elendilmir

Bounty DEFINITELY down on Elendilmir. My 5 characters find that instead of getting bags every once in a while, they are getting them ZIP... with an exception now and then (several days between, actually). Yes, you can get SOME bags working the Farmer's Faire, but not nearly what we could before the Faire started. And is it just me or is the Farmer's Faire actually really, really boring? With the partial exception of fishing, I find it a drag and waste of time.

Scheduled downtime for the 22nd from 6am to 1pm. Hopefully, they're fixing the lowbies not getting credit for donating and being unable to donate after reaching the goal. I'm really hoping they dropped the drop rates because of these two bugs, and they'll be raised after they're fixed.
    And Fourteen Other Alts

If anyone wants to do some testing, I just want to throw this out there. While doing the quest in the Shire where you rescue the sheep from the goblin camp north of Brockenborings, I got four bags during the rescue. Perhaps it was a stroke of luck, but it's too late for me to do any testing, if anyone else wants to try farming for a bit to see, who knows. Maybe they tweaked it.
    And Fourteen Other Alts

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    If anyone wants to do some testing, I just want to throw this out there. While doing the quest in the Shire where you rescue the sheep from the goblin camp north of Brockenborings, I got four bags during the rescue. Perhaps it was a stroke of luck, but it's too late for me to do any testing, if anyone else wants to try farming for a bit to see, who knows. Maybe they tweaked it.
    I also had a good day yesterday (September 21) in the Lonelands: 10 bags in 1 hour. Sample size is small, but the results were encouraging. Anyone else see an uptick in bags?

It would have to be better than 10 bags an hour to get me to start grinding again. My old spot (also in Lone Lands) was netting me 300-400 tokens an hour before Farmer's Faire.

If I got 10 bags in a hour I would not know how the act *lol* the just last night I got 4 bags in 3 hours completed Bree brigadan slayer Ork slayer and a few other got a total of 45 bounder tokens I just think nothing will change as long as they have these goofy Mini events running it would seem that is how they want u to get your tokens but I wasted 3 hours on each event and got a about 70 tokens from the Shipwreck and 100 from the birthday event Phuu. at that point logged off to play another game in disgust.

I think I just stay off till someone says the drop rates go back up and if not oh well I guess I should be happy that on the 3 unlocked server I play on I got the craft tool and the craxt XP booster and say hay it was free and call it good. I was really getting ticked off about this for a bit now I just spend my off time till it goes back up searching for good deals on some new games.

I got the feel like why stress over this game anymore! I own all I plan to buy anymore and I will just play a bit when I feel like it. I feel soon I find a new game and just move along the fun per $ just is not here anymore. Game Spot summed it up pretty good "ageing MMO "

I was pumped up to buy the expansion and then the drop rate dropped and so did the HD in my shopping cart. I look at it this way they just saved me 240$ my wife and I have 4 account total

so thanks for saving me all that cash!! Is should go a long way on our shopping spree :-) New years coming like they say out with old and in with the new

So, I decided to see if drop rate was changed since the Bounder's Bounty bugs were fixed. I was hoping this was the reason they dropped it so harshly, and I'd like to hope that was the case, at least partially.

The past few times I've tried farming, I would barely get 3-5 bags in an hour. Today, I decided see how long it would take to get 15 Bags of Bounders Tokens, and after spending some time farming Rook's Hill and Bloodtusk's Den in Dunland, it took me 69 minutes to reach 15 bags. This seems to be about half of what it was pre Farmer's Faire, but definitely better than drop rates post FF.

Has anyone else tested to see if they've noted any changes?
    And Fourteen Other Alts

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast