We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayblossom View Post
    Day 6 since 1st post, No reply at all from Turbine, my first impression about this was correct, they don't care nor even have the courtesy to reply with either a positive outcome or a it stays as it is. Good manners clearly aren't important, when good game play isn't either.
    I'm doing the daily grind of the fair on 2 alts, the last 2 days i've not completed Egg scramble once because of the ridiculous low amount of eggs, its a joke to charge 5 mithril coins if we want to reset it, so even the chance of a bag tokens is taken away. Yesterday 1 alt managed 115 tokens total from festival.

Some of my kin only have 1/2 alts, and can only play at a weekend, they have zero chance of achieving anything.

There is so much negativity about the game at the moment, Turbine should be trying harder to appease players, not making long term players move away from the game and looking to other games for their enjoyment.

Bring back the drop rate to pre festival before you lose, upset and frustrate even more players

The only people really upset are the token farmers, plain and simple, which is very few, otherwise the forums would have expoloded in outrage. I'm one of them, but I'm not upset, just set back. As it it is, there is only 150+ posts by the same-ish group of players. All the servers are doing relatively fine at the moment. The lowest is at 662k tokens turned in.

We still have at least 60 more days, maybe even 90, until the event is over. If even the lowest server can average 10-15k a day at Farmer's Faire level rates, you'll reach goal. Chances are, one reason people are seeing an even slower increase is because now people are hoarding the tokens they need for what they want first, and once they reach that number, they'll donate excess.

It's not terrible drop rates if you still farm. I can get about 200-300 a day instead of the 1000 goal I originally had , but even at that rate, I'll have enough for the deeds on all my characters and all the horses before the event ends. I won't have them day one when the server hits goal, but who cares?

Day 6 since 1st post, No reply at all from Turbine, my first impression about this was correct, they don't care nor even have the courtesy to reply with either a positive outcome or a it stays as it is.
    Dev Tracker indicates only 3 posts made by DEVS since the 5th of September, I think they are REALLY BUSY!

Tis a shame...

There is so much negativity about the game at the moment
    And it was so positive after the first week...

Bring back the drop rate to pre festival before you lose, upset and frustrate even more players
    please...

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    The only people really upset are the token farmers, plain and simple, which is very few, otherwise the forums would have exploded in outrage.
    Well...

Games not going to explode or break but is upsetting to see a great event from TURBINE go sour...

I am not a farmer and have always been a go slow player...

*sings to self, "What could have been, what could have been..."*

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamimc View Post
    Dev Tracker indicates only 3 posts made by DEVS since the 5th of September, I think they are REALLY BUSY!
    Well there's a very simple and obvious explanation here.

Beta is running.

They can't be bothered to address problems with the CURRENT game that are broken. They're too busy breaking the upcoming content! XD

Did ya ever notice that every patch, something that wasn't broken before, magically becomes broken? It's mind-boggling, really.

It's to the point that I no longer wonder what the patch is going to fix, but what it's going to obliterate that was working fine the day before.

Ah well. Let's just assume everyone at Turbine is either on a short notice vacation, or frantically searching the countryside for a missing port-a-potty (stating the unlikeliness of an event to happen will inevitably add to it's likelihood ) or just insanely busy with HD's beta. Ah, just dismiss the latter option because it is just. too. obvious.

Certainly when you have many balls to juggle, and one being the respectable size of an expansion's beta, a small one like this can escape one's sight or not have the priority the posters in this thread expect it to have. It doesn't make 'things right', but this thread is in growing need of a bit of perspective.

So this means it's up to us to sent the ball back flying into the air to either get by the oversight or get higher up the priority ladder. Not to blow the ball up in our own faces with a lot of drama.

We want to be the polite customer expecting the polite expeditious answer and the corresponding prompt action that we politely request. Not that annoying little brat who keeps kicking our shins 'cos mememe wants ball now!'

*distributes some Zen, sprinkled with speckles of Golden Rule over this thread*

Here just someone from the dev team sign this one:

The droprate will go up once the farmers faire is over.

I'll be happy with that :P
    Nothing here matters.

It seems almost certain that somebody flipped the drop rate back down to almost nothing, and then Turbine just tiptoed away from the situation and will continue to ignore people complaining because they can use the excuse that they're too busy with Helm's Deep beta. I refuse to believe that they don't have anyone moderating the forums or even checking them, they've got to be aware that people are really annoyed by this.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

The length of time this thread has been open with no official response whatsoever has been amazing. What would it take to make a response here? 10 seconds? 30?

But it seems there has been plenty of time for other things.

We seem to be entering yet another draconian period where simple differences of opinion are frowned upon, to say the least. Player's opinons, which should be valued as the precious feedback, are instead ignored wholesale, or worse.

So be very careful about speaking the truth as you see it folks, and asking customers to be treated well and respected. It won't get you any brownie points, and prior history hath shewn that it just might get you in some extra hot water. Especially if you're right.

I think I'll be taking another long vacation from the forums for a while, and just focus on leveling some alts. This chat environ has gotten a wee bit too Khafkaesque for my tastes. Maybe in the due course of time we'll actually get some quality CS people in here who actually care how the players are treated, and maybe they'll remember who's Turbine Point purchases help pay their salaries. Maybe not. But hey, we can hope, right?

I do know that recent attitudes shown by certain folks @ Turbine have definitely shelved planned TP purchases indefinitely. To put it bluntly, I'm not going to pay people to treat me like a second class customer.

TP Purchases will resume when customer service improves. Until then... Ciao.

Thumbs down

I have been actively farming for materials and Deeds. As i noticed as from the start of the farmers fair. The contest suck and I have found very few Bounder Tokens in normal game play. Its like finding a Faded crest now. lmao

Its Tuesday. Still waiting on a Dev's response to this thread. Someone must be working today.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000003bc7/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Having to do run faire quests for bounders tokens (or =try= to run them) is making this game feel too much like the World of Dailycraft that I just left. ::sigh::

Some kind of dev response (even if it's "go shave your feet") would sure be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lortherin View Post
    Some kind of dev response (even if it's "go shave your feet") would sure be nice.
    There's a fitting farmer's faire quote, paraphrased 'May the toes in your hair grow long!'
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Is it possible this is server specific?

Last night on Gilrain (the proudly underpopulated server of course) I was doing my slugs of rushock deed on my completionist alt and got 6 bags across 90 kills.

Granted the drop rate is lower than before the faire but not as dramatic as people are quoting here. I've also found similar rates on my creeps during pve morning raids, roughly one or two bags per mob clear session.

A dev response would be most welcome on this either way.

Hope they increase the drop rate after the Faire. I'm not a big fan of festivals to be honest; I hate dailies, but am quite happy to kill mobs over and over. As for people complaining about farmers, I have no problem with it. It doesn't affect me, I can participate if I want and these people probably donated the most tokens.

yep i noticed that plus noticed that the servers that are on the top of the charts had much higher drop rates when all servers should have had the same drop rates. made it very unfair for us on servers on the bottom of the charts.

Here's my theory on this.

I think the higher drop rate was what the actual devs wanted all along. They play the game and they know how frustrating low drop rates are and how they disincetivise participation.

However, we have seen over the last year or two that there is a powerful line of thought amongst senior types in favour of low-return grinds and also in driving up measurable management-set objectives (logins, participation). I think these types over-ruled the devs.

Thus, when it became apparent that the low drop rate was causing some dismay (and disincentivising participation), the devs were only too happy to give us the higher drop rate they had wanted all along, and to come to the forums with the good news.

With the Faire now active, however, powers-that-be dictate that festival participation is the key metric. And we know that there is a long-standing Turbine habit of "encouraging" a particular way of playing by giving other ways measly returns. Thus, rather than keep the landscape drop rate high but encourage Faire participation by offering even higher rewards, the landscape rate is nerfed. The devs don't agree with this decision so they're not going to come to the forums and explain it. The higher-up types don't answer to players so they're certainly not going to post anything.

People grudgingly running the Faire now (and complaining about the grind) should bear in mind that participation metrics don't measure enjoyment, just activity. The numbers say that the Faire is a huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    The numbers say that the Faire is a huge success.
    When I look at DEATHKNYGHT's second graph in his sticky'd thread, I see something else. I see that in the first couple of days of the Faire, progress was only slighty hindered. A minority of servers is actually making more progress since the Faire activated (very impressive, Firefeet! (or other name the server populace prefers?)).

As time is passing, those daily Faire slices keep getting smaller. To me, this indicates a sharp drop in players' interest in and/or tolerance of the Faire. We've a week of Faire remaining, I think? Must we continue trudging along through Faire mire at these pitiful rates? Won't a blue name please respond to our pleas and return the mob drop rate to something closer to the pre-Faire value?
    [FONT=Verdana][CENTER][COLOR=#666666]Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Glaistig [COLOR=#FFFF00]Skop[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=#666666] | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/sierraechotango/LOTRO/Sigwwwdjelledk003_zps89225b3e.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#666666][COLOR="#FFA500"]Moochinbras [/COLOR]- former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval [/COLOR][/CENTER]

In front of puter. Thanks, online games. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by lindt View Post
    Yup. I'd go so far as to say that people in general don't like being herded. It's bad enough that we are herded into some sadist's vision of a marxist utopia where everyone mindlessly donates to "the common good."

Dude, I really stopped reading there. This Bounder's thing isn't about some spiked teabag-induced free market government subterfuge groupthink borg anti-fantasy. There is NO ONE holding a bow and arrow to your head forcing you to contribute to this thing.

If you don't want to contribute at all, here's a helpful hint: D O N ' T C O N T R I B U T E!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    What would it take to make a response here? 10 seconds? 30?
    Its not time that is lacking here.

Its that they just don't care.

It really is that simple.

IF they cared someone would have found the time to post here, even if it meant finding an hour to do that post.

Time is not in short supply.

Respect for the people who pay their wages is.

All The Best

Day 6 since 1st post, No reply at all from Turbine, my first impression about this was correct, they don't care nor even have the courtesy to reply with either a positive outcome or a it stays as it is. Good manners clearly aren't important, when good game play isn't either.
    I'm doing the daily grind of the fair on 2 alts, the last 2 days i've not completed Egg scramble once because of the ridiculous low amount of eggs, its a joke to charge 5 mithril coins if we want to reset it, so even the chance of a bag tokens is taken away. Yesterday 1 alt managed 115 tokens total from festival.

Some of my kin only have 1/2 alts, and can only play at a weekend, they have zero chance of achieving anything.

There is so much negativity about the game at the moment, Turbine should be trying harder to appease players, not making long term players move away from the game and looking to other games for their enjoyment.

The thing that gets me is that larger servers already got their rewards unlocked simply because they have the population to do it that fast. Why wasn't it scaled? I'm dying to know what the reasoning is behind that. As a member if the 3rd lowest populated server this is an insult and it just encourages a feeling of hopelessness. It doesn't inspire teamwork, it doesn't inspire us to work together, it inspires us to take yet another step back and re evaluate what exactly we are doing in this game.
    People like Leth who are trying to open it by relentlessly farming it for the whole server are being blocked by a faire with zero rewards other then pig/duck/donkey/chicken masks, ugly cosmetics and a weird looking horse with a nuclear age tablecloth thrown over it.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Egilric View Post
    Its not time that is lacking here.

Its that they just don't care.

It really is that simple.

IF they cared someone would have found the time to post here, even if it meant finding an hour to do that post.

Time is not in short supply.

Respect for the people who pay their wages is.

All The Best
    You have it exactly right. When the drop rate was increased a blue name posted about it right away. When they gimp the drop rate we don't hear a peep about it. Turbine simply does not care about their customers, only getting their money.
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

the eye is upon us

Quote Originally Posted by scoughlin View Post
    I refuse to believe that they don't have anyone moderating the forums or even checking them, they've got to be aware that people are really annoyed by this.
    But they are here, they are reading, they are watching , they are deleting post and sending shinny infractions notifications…and that’s the sad part, they acknowledge the concerns and prefer to use their time deleting post..and why??? Cause they are paid to do their job…they are not paid to inform, to listen or to care about the players that use forums as communication tool of things that are going wrong.

I don't know. I'm fine with a little break in my Token Farming. I've gotten out of it what I really, really wanted already anyway: the excellent housing items. And they are lovely indeed. So maybe the steed of Michel Delving will not be for me, or maybe it will? We'll see. Can't get too upset about it.

It's just I'd preferred to have been notified of the change in droprate, that's all. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by CookieArtisan View Post

<...> government subterfuge groupthink borg anti-fantasy. <...>
    Awesome name for a Kin.

In front of puter. Thanks, online games. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Crocker View Post
    Awesome name for a Kin.
    lol.

/10bits

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast