We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGateTT View Post
    The point is not about if they have dresses or not. My point was that if they don't have anything normal to barter for, I'm not gonna do it even for bounder tokens, even if there is no other way to get them.
    My point is, there are only 3 new cosmetic items. 1 Mount, 1 WS trait. Festivals used to come with at least 4 new cosmetic items and a mount. We seem to have traded this 4th item in for the WS trait. It is for some, a step backwards.

Players who would have done the festival for new items, and gotten tokens to donate along the way, have even less incentive to run it than they might have had otherwise.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    You all crack me up. Why are people concerned about these dang tokens??
    I want the mount for at least 3 of my characters, since it's one of the best looking steeds I've seen in the game's history. That's 4,500 tokens right there. I want Tarnished Symbols for at least 3 characters (the hunter needs two) so that's another 4,000 tokens. I'm a casual player these days that doesn't do raids anymore, so that's about the only way to get 2nd ages. My burglar needs a ring and my two alts need a full set of jewelry, that's another 1,125 tokens. Add in all the housing items and I need a grand total of 10,225 tokens. I've collected 3,470 to date, but the rate has decreased sharply with the nerf. I was getting between 500 and 900 tokens a day prior to it for 2-3 hours of mindlessly killing level 22 mobs with my 85 burglar. I seriously hope they return the drop rate to what it was, otherwise that's another strike against Turbine in my book. I've played since a month after the game's launch and this kind of stuff has become old.
    Last edited by scoughlin; Sep 07 2013 at 02:26 PM.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

Quote Originally Posted by scoughlin View Post
    I want the mount for at least 3 of my characters, since it's one of the best looking steeds I've seen in the game's history. That's 4,500 tokens right there. I want Tarnished Symbols for at least 3 characters (the hunter needs two) so that's another 4,000 tokens. I'm a casual player these days that doesn't do raids anymore, so that's about the only way to get 2nd ages. My burglar needs a ring and my two alts need a full set of jewelry, that's another 1,125 tokens. Add in all the housing items and I need a grand total of 10,225 tokens. I've collected 3,470 to date, but the rate has decreased sharply with the nerf. I was getting between 500 and 900 tokens a day prior to it for 2-3 hours of mindlessly killing level 22 mobs with my 85 burglar. I seriously hope they return the drop rate to what it was, otherwise that's another strike against Turbine in my book. I've played since a month after the game's launch and this kind of stuff has become old.
    You are joking, right?

But let me help you out, in case not.

If you like the apearence. Collect 1500, and buy one. Don't be greedy by demanding 3 of them for your toons and complain it costs to much at the end.
    Don't buy the tarnished symbols. Just get them via trade for gold. You can get them via Auction house or at the skirmish vendor for simple skirmish currency. If you even don't do skirmishes and instances, why do you need 2nd Agers? Or in other words, why are you willing to farm an immense amount of bounder's token if you can get them much faster and less inconvenient?
    Raiding is by far not the only way to get one of the symbols.

You really shouldn't blame the people at turbine for not offering you interesting things as much as you want for short and mindless farming.

I would like to hear a Dev's response to this please.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000003bc7/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Overall, it looks like there has been relatively little net difference in daily Bounder Token donations. It appears Turbine wants us to participate in the Farmer's Faire Festival instead of killing for a while. They will probably raise the drop rate again once the festival is over.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?521666-Bounder-s-Bounty-Guide-and-Server-Donations-Graph#post6906678
    Last edited by DEATHKNYGHT; Sep 07 2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Link
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Trove

I would just love to have a "blue name" acknowledge it - that way, even though I'm working on deeds, I won't be expecting the drops....

Not sure why they did it - didn't have to.

My own statistic concerning bounder tokens (dates - first month, then day; second column - bounder tokens)

08 30th--1205
    09 01st--1755
    09 02nd--2105
    09 03rd--2670
    09 04th--3230
    09 05th--3310
    09 06th-- 3415
    09 07th-- 3490

As you can see, aftet September 5th there is a sharp decrease. And today - well, today I did every doable quest in Bywater...performing even worse than without "festival". Though the fact is people keep earning those tokens, despite extremely low drop rate + each bag is 5 or maximum 10 (from my own experience).

@Schinderhannes: somes flaws in the logic. I would accept argument "if you donate 2500 tokens, you will get 15 Turbine points + xp; then, you will regain them in one week without grinding too much". I would accept argument without Turbine points.
    But I can't accept argument like "you will regain 2500 tokens within 33 days if you are succesfull and "festival" is still on".

it sucks

since fair began i have not seen many tokens drop..not even on in level mobs ...i was having fun taking my alt to go do moria but after 5 hours of questing killing mobs and running FT ..not a single drop...what sucks is that not even the auto that takes you there reappers the next day .....so its just unFairness in all sense of the word .... im sad for our small server community....small server unites ..this nerf in rate should be put as permanent in the servers that farmed the way to victory , not to servers that have not reach goal yet !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eafinn View Post
    Thank you for you kind words.
    I must respectfully disagree with you in the above point.

Dev diary quote:
    statue bla bla .... when it completes you’ll find that it will display in perpetuity all those who worked hardest at helping the Bounders with their endeavor.

My interpretation of this:
    The names of those individuals that has contributed most, on each server, will get their name on the server statue. Lethso probably #1 on Evernight.

I could be wrong ofc.
    My interpretation of this is going to be that whoever gets past the three tiers will be able to VIEW the statue in perpetuity (think Hybold rebuilt) as I can't imagine them actually putting player names on it.

IMO they should have scaled the numbers to fit the server populations.. Evernight will never get the numbers Vanyar/Snow/Land will pull in for this kind of thing and to be very honest I am surprised that they even did this to us..

Pitting small servers against servers with 3 times their population is discouraging to say the least.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    My interpretation of this is going to be that whoever gets past the three tiers will be able to VIEW the statue in perpetuity (think Hybold rebuilt) as I can't imagine them actually putting player names on it.
    3 tiers is at the character level. +Edgewise said the counter for this recognition is at the account & server level.Also, it seems unlikely that the statue simply would not be displayed as upgraded for everyone.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    I'll wait for Turbine to say something about it before I get upset. I personally think one of two things is happening.

1.) They lowered drop rate til the bug is fixed that tokens can't be donated after the server reaches goal to make it more fair for everyone in general. Several servers would have likely hit 1.75 Mil already if not for the reduction, leaving a ton of people complaining about being unable to donate.

2.) They lowered drop rate for the Farmer's Faire.

I noticed just today the drop rate change.

On Thursday I got a couple hundred tokens from a run of The 16th Hall in Moria, but today when I ran it again I got 0 bags even though several hundred mobs were killed

Devs please fix this soon, festival is only fun for a day or 2 and I don't want to be grinding it for 2 weeks for my tokens.

They apparently also lowered drop rates for lootboxes/keys/HL recipes.
    I farm regularly HL recipes (on 85 mobs in landscape) and there is a big difference for several hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    They apparently also lowered drop rates for lootboxes/keys/HL recipes.
    I farm regularly HL recipes (on 85 mobs in landscape) and there is a big difference for several hours...
    Agreed. I've noticed a drop in both bounder bags and loot-boxes too. It's taken all the fun out of the event for me, I can't be bothered now.

Thread has been active going on 4 days now and still no response from Turbine or its Community Managers... Excellent job Turbine and leaving us to try to crunch our own numbers and tell the Community what you all are doing...

Keep up the good work!!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820600000012984b/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

What did you expect? They never tell us about such "bugs".

But since we were told a few days back that they can manually adjust the bag drop rate without patching, we can assume that the reduced drop rate is intended.
    It was altered when no other option to gain bags was avaiable. Now that the festival is up, it has been set back to "normal".

I'd rather like to know when the quest for the deed will be fixed. On servers where the statue is completed, the quest is not avaiable anymore. That has been confirmed to be unintentional.

That's one thing that has really irked me regarding Turbine for years. They'll typically let a problem ride for WEEKS just to fit it in to the next 'scheduled' patch.

Hotfixes, where they say "Hey, we've got a problem here... let's fix that ASAP..." are very rare indeed.

I don't know how they are now, but back when I played WoW, Blizzard was absolutely awesome about hotfixes. If there was a problem, they were right on it, with a hotfix within hours, or at the most, a few days. Sure people grumbled about the downtime, but the problem was fixed and resolved.

I've been looking at dragon paintings sticking half in and half out of the wall at the Green Dragon since... the 11.3 patch and the Bounder's event began. Yea, that just screams quality and professionalism. Especially since you can't be bothered to fix it until your next scheduled patch. To make things worse, people say the housing item does the same thing. Wow... that's just... quality work there. It's not a problem that it was coded wrong. It's a problem when you decide to fix it on your normal patch schedule despite providing a broken and shoddy product.

Here's a hint... fix glaring problems as they crop up. Don't put them off for weeks, or even months, until your next 'scheduled' patch.

Oh, and put the bag rate back up to what it was pre-festival. Everyone knows you tweaked the bag rate back down to suck level. Your silence speaks volumes. That, and people have kind of noticed that the bag rate dropped exponentially and they are now forced to do the Farmer's Faire if they want Bounder's Tokens, which is basically forcing the whole population of the server to do a festival which is highly competitive, shafts the other player when you 'win' the egg scramble and mushroom events, and which a lot of people may do once, but certainly don't want to grind until the 18th.

There needs to be more than ONE reliable way to get Bounder's tokens. So stop with the pathetic silent treatment already and fix it. Please.

Well put.. kinda ironic I just logged into GW2 after 2 days and yet another patch.. more fixes of a game that far exceeds the quality of what Turbine is giving us now.. its kinda say that any other game I play on my pc will load me in to the game in a matter of seconds.. yet I still have a 4+ minute load time into lotro... add that to the changes without notification, the lack of fixes to KNOW ISSUES, and the lack of community management and you have a game designed to simply.. fail... however.. this game is close to 7 yrs old.. they have made the money they wanted.. and now are likely focused on something else.. and this is a matter of continuing to milk whatever they can from a slowly dying game.. if not for the LORE of Tolkien.. I believe this game would have died several yrs ago.. but enough people follow the lore and continue to invest in a once great game with hopes that it will get better...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820600000012984b/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This lack of hotfixes and pushing off the problem to a scheduled patch day isn't anything new. It's been going on as long as I've been around, which is over 5 years now. So it's not just that the game is getting 'old', and they're focused on the next and upcoming thing. (Whatever that may be.) This has been this way likely since about day one.

From my perspective: confirmed, the droprates have dropped drastically.

I noticed a drop in drops immediately after the introduction of the Farmers Fair, but considered this to be a personal stroke of bad luck.
    However: the last three days (while killing an estimated 1.5K of landscape critters) netted me a total of....drumroll: 5 tokens.

Still waiting for a Dev's response. *sigh*
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000003bc7/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The matter at hand is very simple. Primarily german servers benefitted greatly of the droprate. Turbine decided to lower the droprate for whatever reason. However you cannot let others benefit from something first, then reduce droprate and let other servers wait for many days to reach the goal. That's simply not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaDecoy View Post
    Thread has been active going on 4 days now and still no response from Turbine or its Community Managers... Excellent job Turbine and leaving us to try to crunch our own numbers and tell the Community what you all are doing...

Keep up the good work!!!!
    Like I said before, this is nothing new from Turbine. When they know they made a mistake (like with the festival tokens still not being one unified currency) they refuse to respond to questions about it and decide to stay silent, which ends up doing more damage in the long run. People don't forget about these things, however Turbine seems to think they do.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

People immediately assume it is a bug, when they don't read the earlier posts of the thread:

Whilst I haven't tested it yet myself, it is possible they have reduced the rate, because if I recall, festivals may also reward the bounder's tokens in some form or way, and I think the Farmer's Faire counts as a festival. So to mitigate for this new method of acquiring the tokens, Turbine may have reduced the global mob drop rate, but I will need to get back in-game and see.
    Posted by me; I find it quite obvious that they have intentionally reduced the drop rate in order to encourage people to participate in the festival. Whether the players like it or not, it is not a bug.

When the festival ends on the 18th, the drop rate should (I am no Turbine employee, so can't say 'will') go back to the increased rate. And even if it doesn't, the expansion of Helm's Deep is at least 2 months away, and the lowest current server is at 610,000 in just two weeks since the event began. So I am very positive that all servers will reach the goal with a good portion of time before Helm's Deep.

To conclude, never just assume something is a bug or broken.

(I wonder if people will keep on saying it's a bug...)

Festival will be extended...as always, rofl.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast