Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
This is the biggest problem with reduced droprates, realistically the smaller servers have little or no chance of reaching the 1.75million goal, yet again turbine have locked the stable door after the horse has bolted, Droprates SHOULD be according to server population size, to give everyone a fair chance at achieving their goals, alternatively leave them all high so all Servers have a realistic chance of an end result.

Those that work hard will gain the greatest reward-this no longer applies, what they should have said was `those with small populations-don't bother`
Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
This is the biggest problem with reduced droprates, realistically the smaller servers have little or no chance of reaching the 1.75million goal, yet again turbine have locked the stable door after the horse has bolted, Droprates SHOULD be according to server population size, to give everyone a fair chance at achieving their goals, alternatively leave them all high so all Servers have a realistic chance of an end result.

Those that work hard will gain the greatest reward-this no longer applies, what they should have said was `those with small populations-don't bother`
Let me put it this way:
I do not have a lot of time to play each week, but I can re-allocate what time I do have. After looking at the rewards table, I made a plan to complete the T3 deed on 10 characters (Dwarrowdelf) and have another 500-2000 tokens left over for each (horse, outriders token, etc). To do that, I knew I needed to pick a somewhat optimal method of collecting tokens.

Then came yesterday...
With the reduced droprate, I cannot reasonably expect to farm 50,000 tokens by the time HD launches. (25,000 to turn in and 25,000 for me)
However, since I can maaaybe farm 15-20k, the solution is simple: Don't turn in tokens.

Per the servers that HAVE completed their statue, no deed is required to redeem the better stuff (that I actually want), as soon as the statue is completed.

I know that is not really helping my server... but at this point it appears to be the only way for me to outfit my own characters. I did the festival yesterday, and it was OK... once. I will not be completing it further.
The token rate was decent, but it is not something I enjoy. A festival that I don't enjoy I will not participate in.

And droprates should NOT be according to server size, as that unfairly punishes players for playing on big servers.

The only way to be "fair" to those on smaller servers, is to change the amount required to turn in. As you might guess, that has downsides. It would be a pretty telling comparison of server sizes though :P